Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

minimum offset for supra brakes

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-08, 02:46 PM
S14eva1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

is not about the offsets...its about the disk type

to clear big brake kits they use disk sizes to determined the clearence of the brake caliper

for example: SSR uses a super low,low,mid,and high disk padding(material) you choose which combo you will need to determine your caliper clearence

Volk racing uses an A,B,C disk chart for customers to determine which would be best for their application

btw: the lower the disk the less brake clearence....the higher the disk the better the brake clearence.

goodluck
Old 09-07-08, 03:24 AM
Vadim
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JDM_Z30
Hey I have just installed supra TT front calipers and love them they are awesome but now I am thinking about winter and don't really want to be driving around in the snow and ice on my work rims. What is the minimum offset i can get away with if i put 17x8 rims on my soarer? And any suggestions on what cheap rims i can put on? I am going to scratch them for sure so i don't want to spend lots of money
The stock ones don't fit and I don't want to use supra rims because winter tires for them aren't cheap
I installed the new system Brake Supra Turbo 93-98 in my Lexus SС 300.
I have received from Japan, these new brake caliper. They were grey. I decided to paint them.
Many changes caliper colour photographs of models, but continuous color picture I did not like. I bought a set of school colors - gouache and brush and began to paint caliper. Given the color of the body and the color wheel drives, I found a good combination of colors - blue, red and white or silver logo for the caption "Lexus". These colors I liked.
I bought a blue, silver, fir and red paint in aerosol containers.
I bought a front-perforated with grooves collapsible brake discs of Japanese firms «Project-M», rear perforated with grooves, brake discs, drilling and slotted the American firm "Rotora" (http://www.rotora.com/). Brake pads, I bought a Japanese firm "Endless" on the front axle model - SSS with the working temperature of 0-500 ° C and Brake pads on the rear axle model - SSY at temperatures 0-400 ° C, brake hoses company "Project-M", front and rear plates, a set of bearings, seals and other details.
Front сaliper Toyota Supra T T is very wide. Such сaliper need wheels with a large offset. I bought rims Japanese firm "Rays Engeenireng", model Versus Championato SS7 (forged lightweight): front-wheel drives - 8 x17 offset +38, rear wheels - 9 x17 offset +38. You can put the rims with more than offset + 38 and no less than +36. This size allows offset wheels do not affect the front сaliper Toyota Supra TТ and does not hurt the upper part of the outer edge fender tires.
Since сalipers for my Lexus SС 300 well-painted design, logo "Lexus" shines on them silver. All this is installed on my Lexus SС 300 typewritten. Since aliper attached wheels and the car itself elegance and sophistication.
All work and how the whole system in the collection looks like, you can see in this photo: http://photofile.ru/users/bvr/115138709/.
Vadim.
Old 09-07-08, 10:32 AM
speed6
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

easiest thing to remember. offset is from the mounting point of the center of the hub. so.... a 9.5" rim isnt' gonna fit the same as a 6.5 or 7" rim with the same offset. mine are 8.5 front and 9.5 rear w/ 35 mm offset on both and rear cant fit on front. but font can on rear.
Old 09-12-08, 10:46 PM
Enigma8246
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could you not just go to a website and find a set of rims that fits the TT and the SC? Then you know they'll clear the TT calipers/rotors in front and the SC in the rear.

My rims fit a '95 LS so i'm about to start buying up parts to do the upgrade.
Old 10-17-08, 07:36 AM
wanganstyl
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would try wheels from a 50z 17x8. Those have decent clearance, if you need a 10 or 12mm spacer will clear the supra TT brake caliper. They also are avail usually with tires for less than $300. Also, you wont feel bad about destroying them over winter- they are nissan parts!

fits perfect on sc300, i have ran my friends wheels before in a pinch. many people also run them on sc300s
im running blitz type 1 17x8 with 35 offset in front, clears the tt caliper barely- but it was designed to hold a large caliper