Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Camber Adjust to SPECTS?! how? where?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-08, 01:18 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 4play4dr
x2..ur car is clean RMM..and i kno what u mean when some people go over teh top with camber..ends up lookin like the back to the future car when its flying
Thanks

That's really the only time I have a problem with the camber/ stretch look.

Those hard core bippu guys in Japan are literally out-of-control
Old 09-18-08, 12:00 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

How is the ride now since the coilovers have more travel up and down? Same?
Old 09-18-08, 12:07 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by PHML
How is the ride now since the coilovers have more travel up and down? Same?
Actually a tad bit firmer, which with the Tein CS is what I want.

This is assuming that the ride height has been brought back up to it's original level after the blocks added the 1 inch drop, meaning that the coilovers were more compressed by being raised by that one inch.
Old 09-18-08, 12:28 PM
Phamboogie
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In reference to camber:

So I may have a buyer for my wheels and I may get his stockers as a trade. Now my question is: (assuming the transaction works out) since the wheels I will receive will be smaller in diameter (16s), would my (negative) camber be reduced resulting in me getting closer to OEM specs? Currently I'm -2.7° on one side and -2.8° on the other in the rears. I'm rolling on 20s.

I'm wondering if I should bother adding the front and rear RCAs if I'm going to mount 16s/17s onto my lowered car.

This is how my car is currently sitting on 20s:

Yes, I know if I add the RCAs, I would have to raise the car up slightly.

Sorry for going hijacking your thread, but I didn't want to post a new thread in the tires forum.
Old 09-18-08, 10:51 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

RMM, does your UCA's hit on the wheel well using the RCA's?
Old 09-18-08, 11:14 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by GS FONZy
RMM, does your UCA's hit on the wheel well using the RCA's?
Technically, because I'm on 20's the tire will slightly rub the inner liner before I hit the UCA. My inner liners are heavily modded to clear, but when I am close to bottoming the tire will still rub on the top of the wheel well in some areas. The fender tabs have been rolled, so there is no issue there. Also note I'm on Tein CS. A stiffer set up would stand a lot less chance of hitting.

If someone were on stock diameter rims and wanted them to tuck as much as my 20's the UCA would hit for sure.
Old 09-18-08, 11:16 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by Phamboogie
In reference to camber:

So I may have a buyer for my wheels and I may get his stockers as a trade. Now my question is: (assuming the transaction works out) since the wheels I will receive will be smaller in diameter (16s), would my (negative) camber be reduced resulting in me getting closer to OEM specs? Currently I'm -2.7° on one side and -2.8° on the other in the rears. I'm rolling on 20s.

I'm wondering if I should bother adding the front and rear RCAs if I'm going to mount 16s/17s onto my lowered car.

This is how my car is currently sitting on 20s:

Yes, I know if I add the RCAs, I would have to raise the car up slightly.

Sorry for going hijacking your thread, but I didn't want to post a new thread in the tires forum.

Camber doesn't change with tire diameter, but stock hi profile tires are less affected by camber wear due to the bigger sidewall.
Old 09-19-08, 04:27 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
Technically, because I'm on 20's the tire will slightly rub the inner liner before I hit the UCA. My inner liners are heavily modded to clear, but when I am close to bottoming the tire will still rub on the top of the wheel well in some areas. The fender tabs have been rolled, so there is no issue there. Also note I'm on Tein CS. A stiffer set up would stand a lot less chance of hitting.

If someone were on stock diameter rims and wanted them to tuck as much as my 20's the UCA would hit for sure.
The reason I asked was because I am on 20s right now and once in a while my UCA's hit even with the stiff SS's. I have 1/2" RCA's and I was wondering if I would have to cut a hole on the top on my wheel well when I finally install them. I know when Crispy did his, the UCA's were basicly up against the top of the wheel well, so I was wondering if you had the same issues.
Old 09-23-08, 08:42 AM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by GS FONZy
The reason I asked was because I am on 20s right now and once in a while my UCA's hit even with the stiff SS's. I have 1/2" RCA's and I was wondering if I would have to cut a hole on the top on my wheel well when I finally install them. I know when Crispy did his, the UCA's were basicly up against the top of the wheel well, so I was wondering if you had the same issues.
Barely recovering from the EOS weekend, so just responding now.

I didn't have much bottoming that I could tell before, but that was before I dropped the car another 3/4 inch which is what you now see in the pics.

So I haven't driven the car much since it was dropped further, but I wouldn't be surprised if I get more bottoming.

Side note: I Saw Crispy's new ride that he brought up to NorCal this weekend and I got a ride in it with his Air set up. The ride is pretty decent. Makes me want to re-consider doing it, but I'm on the edge since handling is important to me.
Old 09-23-08, 03:37 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
Barely recovering from the EOS weekend, so just responding now.

I didn't have much bottoming that I could tell before, but that was before I dropped the car another 3/4 inch which is what you now see in the pics.

So I haven't driven the car much since it was dropped further, but I wouldn't be surprised if I get more bottoming.

Side note: I Saw Crispy's new ride that he brought up to NorCal this weekend and I got a ride in it with his Air set up. The ride is pretty decent. Makes me want to re-consider doing it, but I'm on the edge since handling is important to me.
We are on the same boat about bags

I guess I will have to wait and see about the RCA's, if not I can always sell them