Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Camber Kit Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-08, 07:14 PM
truenoboy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camber Kit Question

I'm in need of a camber kit, expecially for the back as my wheels are cambering 6 degrees. From what I've read on the board, camber kits don't excit, but when I do a search on ebay, I find this rear kit...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SPC-R...mZ230292374962. Has anyone ever used this kit, and if so, can it work for lowing springs and not just coil overs? Also, does a front kit exist?
Old 09-23-08, 05:53 AM
Phamboogie
Lead Lap

On the contrary, a camber kit does exist for the 2GS. Here's what you should type in your search:

exact camber kit
Old 09-23-08, 07:22 AM
[ant]
Lexus Test Driver

yeah you should a more thorough search.

there are camber 'blocks' which go in and as well as lowering your car, they also have offset holes for varying amounts of positive camber adjustment.

alternatively companies such as Nagisa Auto and Mode Parfume etc from Japan do complete replacement rose jointed arms which allow a very large amount of adjustment. these are normally 5-600$ + though before shipping
Old 09-23-08, 08:43 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Also see some informative information with pics on this thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=380284
Old 09-23-08, 10:35 AM
PineGreen
Pole Position

Originally Posted by truenoboy
I'm in need of a camber kit, expecially for the back as my wheels are cambering 6 degrees. From what I've read on the board, camber kits don't excit, but when I do a search on ebay, I find this rear kit...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SPC-R...mZ230292374962. Has anyone ever used this kit, and if so, can it work for lowing springs and not just coil overs? Also, does a front kit exist?

Has anyone tried these? They seem like they are a pretty good option if you don't want to get the Exact RCAs. From doing a quick search on google, SPC seems to make pretty good quality products...based on what reviews I could find on their camber kits for other makes/models in various forums. You could get a kit along with installation for what looks to be less than the Exact RCAs alone.
Old 09-23-08, 07:05 PM
djspawn00
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hijack your thread here but should I be getting RCA's or some type of camber correction if I lower my car using NF210's... I'm currently riding on 19x8.5 upfront and 19x9.5 on the rear... I'd like my tires to last me as long as possible... After taking off my OEM wheels I noticed the insides were slightly worn out more than the outsides... I thought an alignment would be all I needed to fix this but if I'm lowering do I need new hardware? What do you guys recommend?
Old 09-23-08, 11:20 PM
Phamboogie
Lead Lap

It depends on how much of a camber correction you're looking for (currently and in the future). Do you know how much negative camber your set up has?

Last edited by Phamboogie; 09-23-08 at 11:21 PM. Reason: More text.
Old 12-17-08, 04:03 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I found something different. I believe this is new.
Old 12-26-08, 07:54 PM
trunkflapp
Pole Position

What's the difference between that and the other SCP one?

Quincy
Old 12-28-08, 12:59 AM
SorrGwa
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

im using the spc ones, they only correct about 1 degree more than stock.

if u got 6 degrees of camber, then ur seriously canned. the exact motorsport camber kits are meant to be used with coilovers BECAUSE the camber blocks actually lower ur car further, and thus the coilovers are to adjust the height back up.
Old 12-28-08, 01:20 AM
angus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

It should be noted that there is a difference between "camber kit" and "RCA" (ROLL CENTER ADJUSTER)

The difference is , while the camber kit can correct your camber (sometimes not as much as you need , as noted by SorrGwa)

- The RCA actually corrects the suspension geometry by bringing it back closer to the way it was engineered to be , while also providing lowering and camber correction , they are also easier to install than the elliptical bushing etc.

If you are only looking to avoid uneven tire wear , then a C/K can help .
If you want your car to handle to it's full potential then maybe RCA

Another positive (no pun intended!) side affect of the RCA's is , they bring the lower balljoint back straighter , improving it's already short life.

I have the exact RCA , and I love the result , actually when I raised the car a bit , I had to add neg. camber with the stock adjusters!
Old 12-28-08, 07:06 PM
SorrGwa
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

gezzz, this whole time i thought RCA stood for Rear control Arm, and not roll center adjuster.

i helped install some into an S2K, but never even thought of calling them RCA's
Old 01-08-09, 11:43 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by angus
I have the exact RCA , and I love the result , actually when I raised the car a bit , I had to add neg. camber with the stock adjusters!
You talking about the front RCA, right?
Old 01-08-09, 11:54 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by truenoboy
To install the SPC camber bolt, you need to enlarge the hole in your lower control arm.

Im dont like to damage OEM parts in case I need to return back to stock...so i wouldn't do this mod...plus, it only provides a nominal correction.

You need a RCA kit.
Old 01-08-09, 01:38 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by djspawn00
Sorry to hijack your thread here but should I be getting RCA's or some type of camber correction if I lower my car using NF210's... I'm currently riding on 19x8.5 upfront and 19x9.5 on the rear... I'd like my tires to last me as long as possible... After taking off my OEM wheels I noticed the insides were slightly worn out more than the outsides... I thought an alignment would be all I needed to fix this but if I'm lowering do I need new hardware? What do you guys recommend?
RCAs would NOT fix your camber. The NF210s drop low enough that you may just need an alignment and tire rotation once in a while. If you really need to correct camber, get yourself some kind of camber kit for the front. I generally do not recommend gettings RCAs for cars with springs unless your car was like mine where the front wheel gap was larger than the rear, even with lowering springs. It was purely for cosmetic purposes. The NF210 springs lower your car more in the front than the rear. Adding RCAs would lower your car even further and you MAY add more negative camber.

Quick Reply: Camber Kit Question