Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

F Sport springs on a 08 AWD. Install Qs.

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-08, 06:43 AM
Jefe's IS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F Sport springs on a 08 AWD. Install Qs.

What exactly is involved in installing the F Sport springs on an IS 250 AWD?
Parts?
Special/optional parts?
Tools?
Install time?

How does this affect warranty. One member said since Lexus sells them they do not affect warranty. I read a few posts down that when a member installed the springs and a shock began to leak they were denied warranty.

Is it really as easy as buying $299 springs, installing them, then good to go?
Old 09-26-08, 06:49 AM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Buy the spring, install them by the dealer, keep the warranty.

Buy the springs, install them yourself or by a mechanic, lose the warranty after the 12 month "over the counter Lexus part warranty" is over... but at least you have the peace of mind knowing its a Lexus part and they wouldn't have released it if it causes issues since they will have to foot the bill if they installed it themselves.

No special parts needed, just the normal wrench, lift etc
Old 09-26-08, 07:11 AM
VikH
Lexus Champion

IMO, I would reconsider using F-Sports to drop your car. AWD's sit higher than 350s. I would suggest Tein S-Techs to drop. IceZ used Teins on his AWD and they look great. Search for his thread.
Old 09-26-08, 07:18 AM
Mark350
Driver

If you buy the f-sport springs but get a different shop to install them, and say 2 years down the road a shock blows, is that under warranty? Or will they try and say "oh well yeah it is a lexus part, but we didnt install the springs so too bad"
Old 09-26-08, 07:19 AM
Jefe's IS
Pole Position

No other parts needed? What about alignment after the drop. Is it within the factory specs and can be aligned?

I lifted several vehicles. It's never as easy as "add some springs and call it good". There is always other parts needed to do it correctly.

If I can really do this for $299 and parts from Lexus I won't hesitate.

What exactly is involved in the install? Raise the car, remove tire, remove existing spring, install new spring, replace tire, done? The Lexus website says factory shocks can still be used as well.
How much(est.) for Lexus to install the springs so the warranty remains in place?

I'm looking for the ride to remain the same. I do not need nor want a stiffer ride. The factory ride is just right for me and my current situation. Firm but still comfortable. My wife has made more than one comment on how smooth/nice this car rides.
Old 09-26-08, 07:21 AM
Jefe's IS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Mark350
If you buy the f-sport springs but get a different shop to install them, and say 2 years down the road a shock blows, is that under warranty? Or will they try and say "oh well yeah it is a lexus part, but we didnt install the springs so too bad"
Although I like the look of a slammed IS, I still need to deal w/ snow. I'm compromising w/ a middle of the road drop. Using existing Lexus parts also is a plus for me. I will search for the user you mentioned and take a look at his ride.

Thanks for all the input. I've only been on this site a little over a week and the members here are great.
Old 09-26-08, 07:43 AM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Alignment isn't consider a part? lol

If you ask the dealer to install, expect some where north of $400 for labor. If you have lifted cars before then you should know, this is just lift the car, take out the struts, replace the spring on the struts, put it back it, lower the lift. The wheels don't even need to come off.

After you're done that, you can go get your aftermarket alignment if you want, since that is considered a part now lol.

After I drop mine on F sport my toe and camber were out of spec.

If the dealer don't install it, then they will not cover you at all... even for the 12 month initial period.. which you might need to raise some hell to get them to actually fix something.
Old 09-26-08, 04:13 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

might i suggest since we are on the topic of f sport to get tein rubber silencer for the clunk noise. mikez just told you the whole process involved. u don't really need any parts, only tools to install it and a lift. good luck with the installation. the fronts are easy but the back is a lil harder.
Old 09-27-08, 01:44 AM
love67
Lexus Test Driver

Tein S-Techs are nice.
here is the picture with stock's rims.

this is with 19" wheels

hope this help you =)
Old 09-29-08, 07:43 AM
Jefe's IS
Pole Position

^^^^^How do these compare(ride height and overall ride) to the F springs?

Pics?
Old 09-29-08, 10:30 AM
love67
Lexus Test Driver

tein S-tech is high than F-sports.. for AWD, i think F-sport is not low enough...that's why i chose tein S-tech....for the ride...im not sure about F-sport, but im sure i like mine (more sporty) =o="