Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

question on rubber bushing suspenion.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-08, 10:22 AM

Default question on rubber bushing suspenion.....

how much will it cost me to replace all rubber bushings under my car? my cars a 92 nothing seems to be changed so every bushing looks dryed and cracked ect... do you guys know where i can get a set? or somewhere for a good price and how much will it cost me + instailing it
Old 10-06-08, 10:31 AM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The labor can run anywhere btw 600-1000 depending where you go...I watched my mechanic do this to my car and he had to take off most of the suspension to replace the old bushings...Needless to say, its labor intensive but boy does it feel like a brand new car afterwards...

Here is a list of all bushings..That can be replaced on the 1SC

Sway bar bushings, steering rack bushings, front lower control arms, front upper control arms, rear lower control arms, rear upper control arms...

The front control arm package with sleeves were about $200 from Daizen
Steering rack bushings were $45, Sway bar bushings were about $30
Rears already come with sleeves I believe for about $100...

You could purchase the cheaper version Prothane for about a three forths of the price of Daizen set...You may also have some trouble purchasing Daizen products since some products are on backorder...

This mod is definitely not cheap but the car runs very smooth and solid after the install...Highly recommend...
Old 10-07-08, 09:56 PM
Kenzoku
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think its time to change mine, my car sqeeks all the time
Old 10-07-08, 11:34 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

btw all the daizen stuff is just a restickered prothane product. i got a daizen front bushing kit from a member here for free a little while ago. then went out and bought a whole Prothane kit, front and rear all control arms. identical bushings with same part numbers already on all of them.

dont over pay.

i got my prothane full car kit for 150ish shipped.

the sway bar bushing can be bought from Energy or along with a set of sway bars if you upgrade. i believe whiteline sways come with new end links and bushings.

the only thing i would buy from daizen is the rack bushing kit. the ebay ones are crap.

i made my own rack bushings from steel, so solid and no play. feels like a go-kart now.

the parts can be had for cheap if you look around. the labor is what will kill you if you have a shop do it. i did all my control arms myself and it wasnt hard. just time consuming. need a hydraulic press or sit all day with a torch and inhale chemicals.

good luck.
Old 10-08-08, 12:05 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Does prothane have the rear shock mount bushing? I noticed that my daizen rear kit didn't include that.

Also are there any alternatives to the daizen steering rack bushings since it seems like they're on national back order everywhere?
Old 10-08-08, 10:23 AM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
Does prothane have the rear shock mount bushing? I noticed that my daizen rear kit didn't include that.

Also are there any alternatives to the daizen steering rack bushings since it seems like they're on national back order everywhere?
my prothane kit came with every single bushing. the ones for upper conrol arms. lower control arm inner and shock mount. it also included the bushing that is pressed into the hub and connects to the strut rob. also the ones for the toe control rod.

i dont know alternatives to daizen as far as the rack bushing. you can buy the ebay kit and replace the plastic sleeve with a metal one and call it a day.
Old 10-08-08, 10:36 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 131 Likes on 109 Posts

where can you still get daizen products? is tm engineering still in business?
Old 10-08-08, 10:36 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
my prothane kit came with every single bushing. the ones for upper conrol arms. lower control arm inner and shock mount. it also included the bushing that is pressed into the hub and connects to the strut rob. also the ones for the toe control rod.

i dont know alternatives to daizen as far as the rack bushing. you can buy the ebay kit and replace the plastic sleeve with a metal one and call it a day.
Damn it, I knew I should have went with prothane instead of daizen. When I did my rear bushings because the shock mount was trashed I found out the daizen bushing kit doesn't have that specific bushing, but the no. 1 lca bushing was an exact fit.

I'll look into the ebay kits, but I'd prefer a poly-urethane bushing for the steering rack. Thanks for the info though.
Old 10-10-08, 04:02 AM
Luv Da Lex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im going to need to do my bushings within 6 months. so far this is what ive found otu by reading through old threads. someone please correct me if im wrong cus i do need the correct info too.

Supra TT front lower control arms 93-96 about 450 for both. includes new lca bushings and new balljoint. from my research balljoints arent replaceable by itself. you have to buy new arms. then you would have to find just the Front UCA arm bushings.

daizen and prothane rca kti are the same except daizen has the metal sleeve options. 100 to 200

only daizen make steering rack bushings. 40 bucks

sway bar bushings comes on new daizen sway bars but you can buy them separately for 30 bucks.

im gonna do all this plus motor and tranny mounts if i ever get to the 1JZ swap and ill put in new bushings/mounts for the rear diff if i upgrade to LSD.

if im wrong please do let me know cus this is what ive found out on my own.

i dont even know where camber kits falls into this whole deal. anyone wanna tell me?
Old 12-06-08, 07:18 PM
MI SO FST
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30

i got my prothane full car kit for 150ish shipped.
Where did you get it from? I'm in need to do this soon too
Old 12-07-08, 04:59 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MI SO FST
Where did you get it from? I'm in need to do this soon too
ebay. i typed in sc300 bushings or something along those lines and got an auction of a guy in hawaii that deals prothane. after a few PM's and few offers and counteroffers we settled on like 150 shipped. it was either 150 or 160 shipped. dont remember off the top of my head.