Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Anti-Squeal Shims on IS350

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-08, 11:51 AM
MGalloway
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anti-Squeal Shim Kit for IS350

Anyone every install these? The used vehicle I purchased had the brakes replaced but these shims were not installed. I ordered the shim kit from Tustin Lexus, but when I went to install them I noticed something that concerned me. The size of the shims are not the same size as the pads themselves. The width of the shims match that of the pad, but its the length that is questionable. The pad is aprox. 1/2 inch longer than the shim, which allows the piston to touch the shims not completely flat. I just want to make sure that the shims I received are the correct ones, and not for the 250. I have attached a crude drawing that might clear up some questions. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Anti-Squeal Shims on IS350-shim.jpg  

Last edited by MGalloway; 10-06-08 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 11-01-08, 01:11 PM
derfp2
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey bro...I have an 07 GS w/ the same front brakes as U. They been squeaking like crazy now almost everytime. So i decided to try and inprove this, before goin to the dealer (fyi, i already had the low dust pads done by TSB at dealer) so these are now squeking VERY loud...took the pads off to inspect and i noticed the same kind of shim, actually to shims per pad, so 4 total per wheel, but one on top of each other. It looks just like ur drawing. To me it seams wrong, it should fully cover the pad. Just like u said these shims cause the pistons not to "seat" properly, so i took them off clean everything and reaplyed the pads (actualy i swaped left with right, i mean left wheel pads with right wheel pads) without the shims, soo just pads in against the pistons ...Didnt squeak for a day, but now i think its starting to squek just like before.