Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Brake TSIB for 2008 Owners Finally Released!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-09, 11:03 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurtz
Well, you'll be getting free brake pads again at least... and with the inconvinence of having to take it back in as well I'd be expecting, at least, a free oil change for their mistake
That's true. Maybe I won't go back until the current ones wear out. At least I got free brake service.
Old 10-27-09, 12:25 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by dojoman
That's true. Maybe I won't go back until the current ones wear out. At least I got free brake service.
I would suggest if they were done via the Service Bulletin, you have them correct it right away...

Not worth the effort to argue 1-2 years from now, knowing it wasn't done right in the first place.

Joe Z
Old 10-27-09, 07:50 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bummer, mine were done by same Fremont dealership a few months ago, and done correctly.
Old 10-28-09, 09:22 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Bummer, mine were done by same Fremont dealership a few months ago, and done correctly.
Yeah, previously they've been doing pretty good job but not lately. They screwed up my brakes and they also denied my F-sport springs clunk issue. Claiming that they cannot duplicate the noise. I couldn't hear it either when I drove over the bumps there. but I still hear a little over work area bumps.
Old 10-28-09, 09:34 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Yeah, previously they've been doing pretty good job but not lately. They screwed up my brakes and they also denied my F-sport springs clunk issue. Claiming that they cannot duplicate the noise. I couldn't hear it either when I drove over the bumps there. but I still hear a little over work area bumps.
So I guess you can saw on your invoice that they used wrong front pads, let us know how they rectify the error to your satisfaction.

Now that there is a TSIB on the F-sport spring noise, do they have any excuses? Do you plan on having the rear springs replaced or are the siliencers satisfactory. Obviously the TSIB documents what you already told them.
Old 10-28-09, 10:25 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

So I guess you can saw on your invoice that they used wrong front pads, let us know how they rectify the error to your satisfaction.

Now that there is a TSIB on the F-sport spring noise, do they have any excuses? Do you plan on having the rear springs replaced or are the siliencers satisfactory. Obviously the TSIB documents what you already told them.
Yeah, I checked the brake parts they installed which I googled and sure were the same pads as before. I can tell because the dust are more so than ever before.
For F-springs, I'm happy with silencers but they did tell me if the sound become worst or get louder I can get them replaced. I think they were busy that day and kind of hesitant to do it especially since I can't hear the clunk noise either.
Old 10-28-09, 10:39 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Yeah, I checked the brake parts they installed which I googled and sure were the same pads as before. I can tell because the dust are more so than ever before.
For F-springs, I'm happy with silencers but they did tell me if the sound become worst or get louder I can get them replaced. I think they were busy that day and kind of hesitant to do it especially since I can't hear the clunk noise either.
Sounds like they are treating you right in the long run, which is a good thing. They seem to be a very good dealership overall.

Wow, getting the front pads and F-springs will end up being a long and tedious sequence of events for you to eventually get it right.
Old 10-28-09, 01:39 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Sounds like they are treating you right in the long run, which is a good thing. They seem to be a very good dealership overall.

Wow, getting the front pads and F-springs will end up being a long and tedious sequence of events for you to eventually get it right.
I've lost count how many times I've been to that dealer.
Old 10-28-09, 02:39 PM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Do they just swap them out with the old ones or do they do anything with the rotors?
Old 10-28-09, 02:43 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 92 SC400
Do they just swap them out with the old ones or do they do anything with the rotors?
Just swapped out pads, resurfacing rotors were not needed because of low mileage on my car.
Old 10-28-09, 03:49 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Just swapped out pads, resurfacing rotors were not needed because of low mileage on my car.
Good, same deal on my 07 IS350, done at 29K miles.
Old 10-29-09, 09:19 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Do you guys hear squeaking noise in the morning when you first backing out or braking? Service guy told me that the less dusty brakes are harder and would make noise when cold. I thought he was BSing but need your input. I'd rather have the dust than noisy brakes.
Old 10-29-09, 10:20 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,982 Likes on 2,410 Posts

^^never had that problem with mine. I drove them for 39k miles without issues.
Old 10-29-09, 10:34 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Zero noise on my 07 IS350 with low dust front pads installed at 29K.
Old 10-29-09, 12:20 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Thx. I'm gonna go back and get it done correctly.

Quick Reply: Brake TSIB for 2008 Owners Finally Released!