Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Brake TSIB for 2008 Owners Finally Released!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-09, 02:07 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dojoman
Thx. I'm gonna go back and get it done correctly.
Remind them that one of their customers had it done in July and has no noise and no excessive brake dust, the customer is happy as a result.

So the noise thing was their excuse for installing the wrong pads?
Old 10-29-09, 02:44 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Remind them that one of their customers had it done in July and has no noise and no excessive brake dust, the customer is happy as a result.

So the noise thing was their excuse for installing the wrong pads?
Nah, before they had installed them the service guy told me that I may hear some noise from the new pads. I said no problem. I think the mechanic put on the wrong pads.
Old 10-29-09, 03:23 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Nah, before they had installed them the service guy told me that I may hear some noise from the new pads. I said no problem. I think the mechanic put on the wrong pads.
That's what I thought, just a minor mistake that they can easily correct.
Old 10-29-09, 09:49 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts

Thx. I'm gonna go back and get it done correctly.
That was my 1st suggestion for you...

Alternative Low Dust Pad Part# is: 04465-30400
Old 10-30-09, 09:41 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Joe Z
That was my 1st suggestion for you...

Alternative Low Dust Pad Part# is: 04465-30400
Thanks Joe. I gave the part# to the dealer, they're being changed as of now. It shows on the TSIB also.
Old 10-30-09, 09:49 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks Joe. I gave the part# to the dealer, they're being changed as of now. It shows on the TSIB also.
Did you get a decent loaner car?
Old 10-30-09, 11:11 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Did you get a decent loaner car?
IS250.
There was something else that was annoying me. I'm getting this ticking noise coming underneath the steering wheel on my car and the loaner car has it too. It's even louder on the loaner, it sounded like a clip or hard plastic sound but very sharp. I think '08 models have this common noise. I brought this up to the service but mine isn't that loud.
Old 10-30-09, 01:03 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

IS250.
There was something else that was annoying me. I'm getting this ticking noise coming underneath the steering wheel on my car and the loaner car has it too. It's even louder on the loaner, it sounded like a clip or hard plastic sound but very sharp. I think '08 models have this common noise. I brought this up to the service but mine isn't that loud.
Haven't heard that in my 07 IS. Maybe it's temperature-related or noticeable in cold weather?
Old 10-30-09, 02:21 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Haven't heard that in my 07 IS. Maybe it's temperature-related or noticeable in cold weather?
Not weather dependent. Happens randomly.
Old 11-24-09, 05:43 AM
Shahryar
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got my safety recall notice for the mats. I thought I would get the brake TSIB done too in one shot.

Originally Posted by Kurtz
Make them show you the deep groove in the rotor that requires resurfacing. Otherwise they're just trying to jack you for work you're better off not doing.
If I run into this (not sure if I will - my 2008 IS 350 right around 17k miles - and was bought new in January), is the $130 he was quoted reasonable. Anybody have a picture of the deep groove I should expect to see?

Ok I'm pissed. I got my brake TSIB done about 3 weeks ago and every week I'm still getting brake dust afterward, actually more than before. I checked my paperwork from dealer and what do you know....they put on new pads but they're not low brake dust. They are the same ones as before. I'm beginning to be unhappy with this dealer.
what are chances that paperwork shows new pads, but old pads might be installed? any easy way to check this without taking tires off?
Old 11-24-09, 07:58 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Shahryar

what are chances that paperwork shows new pads, but old pads might be installed? any easy way to check this without taking tires off?
btw, did you check the paperwork on your invoice?
Old 12-02-09, 02:09 PM
SimpleMan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for posting this.
Old 12-02-09, 06:56 PM
fasteddy91
Lead Lap

I just called the dealership to schedule my appointment and they told me the TSB has expired and that they won't honor the TSB. Anyone heard of this or been told this before?

This is how the phone call went after being transferred to the service dept:

Hello, this is _____, how can i help you?

Me: Hi, I would like to schedule an appt for the TSB regarding my dusty Brakes for my 08 IS350 with the less dusty pads please.

SA: I'm sorry sir, that TSB is no longer available as it has expired.

Me:?????, um, I took my car in when it had 5k miles and Brian who was my service advisor told me the TSB was not available for the 08. I then called when I had 10k miles and spoke with Brian again and said it was still not available, now at 15k miles i noticed in CL and myis the list of TSB has included the 08's as being eligible for the replacement pads.

SA: Hold on while I talk to my head tech.....after waiting a few minutes he says, sorry, we don't do them anymore as the TSB expired. He was kind enough to take my number down and offered a call back after speaking with my original SA. (I told the SA who I was on the phone with to talk to Brian. brian was suppose to call me when my car qualified and that I spoke with him twice and asked to check the records as I was not lying or stating info out of my ***)

5 minutes later, Brian the original SA calls back asking me to bring my car in for the brake pad replacements. He did warn me the pads would not perform as well as they do not grab or brake as well as the originals. I told him that would be fine.

Wish me luck
Old 12-02-09, 07:49 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by fasteddy91
I just called the dealership to schedule my appointment and they told me the TSB has expired and that they won't honor the TSB. Anyone heard of this or been told this before?

This is how the phone call went after being transferred to the service dept:

Hello, this is _____, how can i help you?

Me: Hi, I would like to schedule an appt for the TSB regarding my dusty Brakes for my 08 IS350 with the less dusty pads please.

SA: I'm sorry sir, that TSB is no longer available as it has expired.

Me:?????, um, I took my car in when it had 5k miles and Brian who was my service advisor told me the TSB was not available for the 08. I then called when I had 10k miles and spoke with Brian again and said it was still not available, now at 15k miles i noticed in CL and myis the list of TSB has included the 08's as being eligible for the replacement pads.

SA: Hold on while I talk to my head tech.....after waiting a few minutes he says, sorry, we don't do them anymore as the TSB expired. He was kind enough to take my number down and offered a call back after speaking with my original SA. (I told the SA who I was on the phone with to talk to Brian. brian was suppose to call me when my car qualified and that I spoke with him twice and asked to check the records as I was not lying or stating info out of my ***)

5 minutes later, Brian the original SA calls back asking me to bring my car in for the brake pad replacements. He did warn me the pads would not perform as well as they do not grab or brake as well as the originals. I told him that would be fine.

Wish me luck

It never ceases to amaze me the lies dealers will tell to try and avoid doing some work... it's not like they don't get paid for warranty work either.

Almost nothing anybody said to you on either call was true.
Old 12-02-09, 10:43 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Interesting, certainly my dealership is not that lame. Time to consider switching.

Quick Reply: Brake TSIB for 2008 Owners Finally Released!