Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Camber

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-08, 12:49 PM
T-Rex06
Ho Motorsports

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Get your alignment checked. It's highly possible that your toe is off. I was on Tein CS and H&R springs before. I never had any issues with improper tire wear. You can also prolong your tire life by flipping your tires (as Batmobile mentioned) every oil change. Just make sure your tires are directional.

Terrance
Old 10-08-08, 12:59 PM
gc86
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Toe is really important with these cars, even though you have 2 degrees negative in the front, its still really important to get an alignment regardless of what your camber looks like.
Old 10-08-08, 01:07 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry I never took any pics of the wheel gaps up close and cause I'm on air now
Old 10-08-08, 01:37 PM
blklexo818
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think i'll just flip my tires, get an alignment for now till the other side is gone too
Old 10-08-08, 01:54 PM
gc86
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by blklexo818
I think i'll just flip my tires, get an alignment for now till the other side is gone too
Yeah that should last you a year or so depending on how much tread you have on the outside of the tire.
Old 10-08-08, 02:45 PM
blklexo818
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gc86
Yeah that should last you a year or so depending on how much tread you have on the outside of the tire.
Alot -_- my front tires look like this

/ \ lol

i need em to be | and | -_-

are you guys sure i can flip the stock tires? if not i'll get some used set of tires and just throw them on for now.
Old 10-08-08, 03:29 PM
ChrISF
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

camber kit is in the process of being made now. should be out for sale sometime in november

*_*
\__/
Old 10-08-08, 05:44 PM
gc86
Lexus Test Driver

Alot -_- my front tires look like this

/ \ lol

i need em to be | and | -_-

are you guys sure i can flip the stock tires? if not i'll get some used set of tires and just throw them on for now.
take a pic of your front tires so we can see how much tread you have on the outside and inside, if you don't have that much on the outside it may not be worth the remounting/balancing cost
Old 10-08-08, 06:10 PM
Noz
Lead Lap

You definitely need to get your alignment done after a drop. I dropped my car on the Tein CS, about the same height as yours, at about 15k miles and I could've went another 15k on the stock Dunlop tires. I think the toe being off shreds the tires much more than having a camber issue. I'm sure you can find 2-3 hours out of your time to get an alignment done, it'll save you time and money in the short run.
Old 10-08-08, 06:15 PM
LEXMAN350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Noz
You definitely need to get your alignment done after a drop. I dropped my car on the Tein CS, about the same height as yours, at about 15k miles and I could've went another 15k on the stock Dunlop tires. I think the toe being off shreds the tires much more than having a camber issue. I'm sure you can find 2-3 hours out of your time to get an alignment done, it'll save you time and money in the short run.
Were you getting inside tread wear problems before the alignment? And how is it now? Is it even tread now?
Old 10-08-08, 06:16 PM
Mark350
Driver

Yes get your toe set to 0 and your uneven tire wear will drop significantly
Old 10-08-08, 06:25 PM
Noz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LEXMAN350
Were you getting inside tread wear problems before the alignment? And how is it now? Is it even tread now?

I got an alignment a week or two after getting the coils installed, so I'm not sure about how it was before. I switched to 19s at about 26,500 miles but the tires couldn't lasted for another 2-3k. Those tires have been taken on and off a few times so I'm sure the left and right side got switched around, but the wear is not that uneven. I think those tires usually last around 30k so I really didn't lose that much life on them.
Old 10-08-08, 06:55 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

So guys, there’s no camber kit for the x50. My front tires are pretty much all gone (there’s no thread on the inside of the tires) My question for you guys that are dropped, what do you guys about the camber being off? I'm dropping on h&r springs, I’ve had them on the car since March. Other than buying tires every 7 months, what’s the best thing to do?
1. definitely get an alignment done after doing any suspension work - especially work that involves unbolting critical suspension components for replacement. whether it's fact or fiction that you have to wait until springs settle, a post-suspension work alignment is critical.

2. definitely get your tires flipped (right/left front, right/left rear). i'm due to get mine flipped.

3. i thought H&R springs are supposed to be lower than s-techs?...

when i took my car in for alignment after waiting for my s-techs to settle (fact or fiction, i waited regardless), my post-alignment values were within factory spec (my pre-alignment values were pretty close, but still not within spec). i believe with the relatively conservative drop of the aftermarket springs available for the 2is, the alignment won't go too far out of place.

i recommend flipping your tires first, and then getting an alignment. maybe that might help.
Old 10-08-08, 06:56 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

oh, and you can see a few other 2is owners' post-suspension work alignment reports here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=351325
Old 10-08-08, 07:55 PM
blklexo818
Pole Position

Yeah most likely 2mro after work I'll somehow have to manage to flip them @ my friends shop, then run off to an alignment shop...any specs I should be asking them to set the toe and camber to?

Quick Reply: Camber