Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

to those with dropped cars..

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-08, 02:04 PM
Low Life
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is airrunner a airbag type suspension? if so any links?

or would anyone recommend kyb agx 4way adjustabale shocks with the Tanabe Sustec Pro 5..

im leaning twards getting airbags.. anyone here have airbags?
Old 10-19-08, 08:08 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

the tanabe sustec pro 5 is a coilover setup...

but kyb makes shocks for the 2is?

edit: nope, kyb doesn't make agx shocks for the 2is...
Old 10-19-08, 12:24 PM
Mister T
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 350 dropped on Eibach's pro kit w/ stock shocks. It's the most conservative drop among springs and honestly, I couldn't really tell that my car was lowered after having them installed. The ride is still super smooth and the only times I scrape is when exiting steep parking lots.

If I could do it again, I would have saved up for coilovers. I'll probably end up getting some after my stock shocks wear down.
Old 10-19-08, 12:28 PM
Sytfu_IS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I should've went Eibach if it really is that smooth...these tein s-techs are pretty harsh, the shop that installed it..cut some bumper stoppers or w.e their called...they said if they cut some of it..it be more comfortable iono anyways, coilovers ftw lol ... oh and anyone will scrape on steep places even without drop, I scraped with no drop on x pack springs going out of a tacobell drive-thru.

Last edited by Sytfu_IS; 10-19-08 at 12:32 PM.
Old 10-19-08, 01:12 PM
tfz_hebe89
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yayitscola
I should've went Eibach if it really is that smooth...these tein s-techs are pretty harsh, the shop that installed it..cut some bumper stoppers or w.e their called...they said if they cut some of it..it be more comfortable iono anyways, coilovers ftw lol ... oh and anyone will scrape on steep places even without drop, I scraped with no drop on x pack springs going out of a tacobell drive-thru.
what is bumper stoppers? why cut it? I'm lost..

so to you tein-stech is pretty harsh..is it like definitely you can feel that you have changed springs? how harsh is "harsh"?
Old 10-19-08, 01:22 PM
kikaida
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tfz_hebe89
Bumper stops are these rubberish cylinders that are on the shaft of the strut. It prevents your strut from bottoming out when your riding a harsh road.

When you change your springs the amount of travel that the strut had is lessen, hence you might hit the bumper stop. By cutting it you lessen the height of the bumper stop and increase slightly on the travel of the strut.

Though i would just prefer to get a coil over suspension.

If you want to go really low and not run air bags, then find a suspension that has a fully threaded type coil over. Where the spring and strut height adjustments are different.
Old 10-19-08, 02:56 PM
Sytfu_IS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tfz_hebe89

so to you tein-stech is pretty harsh..is it like definitely you can feel that you have changed springs? how harsh is "harsh"?
That's a pretty good question but what Alex from limitless motorsport said was it would feel more comfortable with less amount of bumper stopper and I feel everything on the ground...iono if it's normal or was it cause they cut some of my bumper stoppers, maybe ill give you a ride in my car if we meet haha
Old 10-19-08, 06:48 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

when i had mine installed (courtesy of tommy @ musicbox), he didn't cut the bumpstops. could i be possible that that might contribute to your harsh ride? just a guess.
Old 10-19-08, 09:07 PM
Sytfu_IS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by projectdna
when i had mine installed (courtesy of tommy @ musicbox), he didn't cut the bumpstops. could i be possible that that might contribute to your harsh ride? just a guess.

I wonder too, do you feel vibrations on the ground and do you feel every bump?
Old 10-19-08, 11:47 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

I wonder too, do you feel vibrations on the ground and do you feel every bump?
no. if anything, w/ s-techs the ride feels firm, but still lexus-like. kinda how i imagine the sports package should feel like.

unless someone can scan and post a copy of the bump stop cut chart that came w/ the s-techs, i can't verify whether 2is bump stops need to be trimmed or not - at least for me, they weren't.
Old 10-20-08, 02:05 PM
Sytfu_IS
Lexus Champion

Shane said my ride shouldn't be affected maybe cause mines is sport suspension it's harsh?
Old 10-27-08, 12:16 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I have had a set of tein h techs on my GS as well as a set of tein cst coilovers. I recommend the coilovers for more adjustability and a better ride.
Old 10-27-08, 08:48 AM
nal1110
Driver School Candidate

What about rubbing issues?
Old 10-27-08, 10:23 AM
Gus738
Driver

are coilovers better because they are more confortable then lower springs? or because they can be adjusted to diffrent drop?

im not soo good with suspension springs/shocks and would apriciate the defination of them?

Also H&R springs really get my attention its almost 2" in drop right? how is the ride compared to stock? once again im concern aobut "ride feel" i dont want to get your typical civic feel just becaues of a "drop" this is a luxury car

Also tien S techs are the same as tien SS?

with H & R i seem to really love it how is the tien s techs? compared to H& R and what drop specs are each one?
Old 11-01-08, 07:41 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

That's a pretty good question but what Alex from limitless motorsport said was it would feel more comfortable with less amount of bumper stopper and I feel everything on the ground...iono if it's normal or was it cause they cut some of my bumper stoppers, maybe ill give you a ride in my car if we meet haha
NO it does NOT make it more comfortable... everyone with H&R's said the ride was near stock.. my bumpstops were cut and it sure did not feel like stock and i can feel the bumps or imperfect roads all the time.

Quick Reply: to those with dropped cars..