Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

boy wanna drop it like it's hot but dont no how to dance

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-08, 12:12 PM
JV21
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

S-Tech's!!!!
Old 10-27-08, 12:23 PM
radicalrev
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aznpapaya
why is that??? please elaborate
coz you can then drop it like its hot....the drop is more than the S Techs.....

if you are just deciding between S tech and Eibach, for sure go for the S tech.

I have the s tech, and have been happy with it. But sometimes, i just wish the s tech drops the car lower.

I should have went for the GS350 Tanabe DF210 in the first place if i had known it works for the IS350.
Old 10-27-08, 01:28 PM
ndk83
Pole Position

Originally Posted by aznpapaya
from the pics it look as if the wheels almost touches the fender? are you experiencing any rubbing issue???
yea the back wheel pretty much comes real close to the fender, its less than a finger space between fender and wheel, front u can almost fit two fingers.

Im only rubbing in the front(only during full locked steering wheel turns), and not no the fenders themselves but rather that stupid plastic bulge on the inside of the wheel well. Easily fixable wit a heat gun or u can cut the part out. Im just gonna let it rub til it rubs no more

Btw i think my S. techs might sit lower on my car cause they are made for a 250 and i have 300
Old 10-27-08, 04:22 PM
Gus738
Driver

What kind of drop does the s techs do? for Front and Rear? and how would you compare the ride to stock? are you sacrifising ride cofort of a "luxury" for looks?

Originally Posted by gc86
s-techs here
Old 10-27-08, 04:50 PM
aznpapaya
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by radicalrev

I have the s tech, and have been happy with it. But sometimes, i just wish the s tech drops the car lower.

I should have went for the GS350 Tanabe DF210 in the first place if i had known it works for the IS350.
well im not looking to play limbo hahaha thats a little too low, streets here in the mid west are a nightmare, pot holes and loose grave everywhere!!!

Originally Posted by Gus738
What kind of drop does the s techs do? for Front and Rear? and how would you compare the ride to stock? are you sacrifising ride cofort of a "luxury" for looks?
same here i love the lowered look but dont want it to be REALLY bumpy.

look like majority here like the Tein S-Tech springs, but i heard form my firend that Eibach is the best springs out there! is that true? and he said that they recently offered a MILLION miles warranty on their springs! thats right a million miles! thats million with 9 zero's! anyone heard about this??
Old 10-27-08, 05:09 PM
350ISRYDER
Pole Position

Default u sure u wouldn't wanna do coils?!

[QUOTE=aznpapaya;3956213]well im not looking to play limbo hahaha thats a little too low, streets here in the mid west are a nightmare, pot holes and loose grave everywhere!!!

Last edited by 350ISRYDER; 10-01-13 at 12:12 AM.
Old 10-27-08, 05:20 PM
aznpapaya
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 350ISRYDER
If you go with coils...you can adjust it how u want it, springs...u only have one height...just fyi and something to think about b4 u buy! good luck

wish i could but kind of short on $$$, but nice ride tho, is that on coils or springs???
Old 10-27-08, 05:43 PM
350ISRYDER
Pole Position

Default coils

[QUOTE=aznpapaya;3956306]wish i could but kind of short on $$$, but nice ride tho,

Last edited by 350ISRYDER; 10-01-13 at 12:13 AM.
Old 10-27-08, 05:52 PM
aznpapaya
Lead Lap

coils...not satisfied w/ springs, no adjustment if i decide to get rims...
i see you plan the coils for the rims, im planning to save the money from coils and get some rims
Old 10-27-08, 08:00 PM
VIS250P
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you go with coils...you can adjust it how u want it, springs...u only have one height...just fyi and something to think about b4 u buy! good luck

(Drop like it Hot)
Old 10-27-08, 08:04 PM
gc86
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The ride still feels like its stock maybe just a tiny bit stiffer. This is the 2nd car i've had s-techs on and my buddy just recently put s-techs on his g35. I think what TEIN is trying to accomplish with the s-tech spring is the original ride comfort and they have succeeded.
Old 10-27-08, 10:23 PM
ndk83
Pole Position

yea i can second that, its very similar to stock, in my opinion its better, its only a tiny bit stiffer, but ALOT better in the twisties. Comfort wise, ud be ahrd pressed to tellt he diff

S. Tech FTMFW
Old 10-27-08, 10:44 PM
hass
Lexus Champion

Make your wallet cry once, get the coil overs.
Old 10-27-08, 10:50 PM
Gus738
Driver

those springs sound about right then but what kind of drop (numbers) compared to H& R ???

and are coil overs better then springs "CONFORT wise" ? i dont mind spending the extra $$$$ but dont want to sacrifise ride quality just for being able to "adjust" to free will.

like i said this isnt your average honda that you want to drop it like its hot its a luxury car. (at this point maybe bagged would be better but that $$$ more then im willing to spend

The ride still feels like its stock maybe just a tiny bit stiffer. This is the 2nd car i've had s-techs on and my buddy just recently put s-techs on his g35. I think what TEIN is trying to accomplish with the s-tech spring is the original ride comfort and they have succeeded.
Old 10-28-08, 01:07 PM
aznpapaya
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by EyeEstwo50
my s-techs gave me and uneven drop =/

im plannig on switching out and gettin eibachs....or just eff it and get coilovers.
was it because of poor installation or defect of the springs? if u happen to switch to eibach before i drop my car please pm me on how's the ride and any differences. thanks

s-techs here
Nice ride!!!

Originally Posted by radicalrev

lower ride sounds very tempting but then possible horrible ride quality doesn't, do you/anyone know hows the ride quality for tanabeDF210 cept for it giving uneven drop??

sounds like a winner to me!
dont have a lot of comments for the eibach, does no one/few people in here have them??? or are they inferior to the s-tech??

Quick Reply: boy wanna drop it like it's hot but dont no how to dance