Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Official F-sport Sway Bar Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-10, 07:53 AM
willi3ja
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the garage working on the rear and the 17mm bolt just keeps turning but I can't separate the sway from the link. Any suggestions?
Old 07-22-10, 08:16 AM
Big Willy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by willi3ja
I'm in the garage working on the rear and the 17mm bolt just keeps turning but I can't separate the sway from the link. Any suggestions?
Put some heat on it. Use a Torch.
Old 07-22-10, 09:58 AM
willi3ja
Rookie

I'm about 3 hours into the rear sway install and the 17mm bolts still aren't off. The studs just keep spinning. The instructions say to use a 6mm hex wrench but I don't see any place for it to go. I used vice grips and was able to get the nut off some more, but there's that little bit left to go and I can't fit them on the end of the stud anymore. Any suggestions? I can see how this would take 15min, but I guess I just have bad luck.
Old 07-22-10, 10:13 AM
Big Willy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by willi3ja
I'm about 3 hours into the rear sway install and the 17mm bolts still aren't off. The studs just keep spinning. The instructions say to use a 6mm hex wrench but I don't see any place for it to go. I used vice grips and was able to get the nut off some more, but there's that little bit left to go and I can't fit them on the end of the stud anymore. Any suggestions? I can see how this would take 15min, but I guess I just have bad luck.
...Look at the bolt...if I remeber there was some sort of "allen like" whole. This will stop the thing from spinning...
It was easier for me to take the links off the lower control arm and take the bar out of the car with the links attached. I put the entire thing in a vice, heated the bolt up with a torch and used a wrench, not sure what size and a allen like key...can't remeber if it was an allen or not... If it's frozen on like mine was you will pull the car down on your head before you get it off without heating it up.
Old 07-22-10, 10:14 AM
whitecel
Pole Position

IIRC the hex wrench goes in on the top of the bolt.
Old 07-22-10, 10:27 AM
willi3ja
Rookie

Thanks a ton big willi. I kept thinking like a hex shaped box wrench was supposed to fit over the end, I feel retarded for not thinking about an Allen wrench
Old 07-22-10, 04:04 PM
Raralith
Intermediate

Had this installed at Longo Lexus this Monday for a bit under $300, and wow, huge difference. Just taking the cloverleaf onramp at 30-40 MPH is so much better, but it seems that the traction control light is kicking on a lot more often; the orange light on the bottom right of the odometer display. Am I turning too fast and the system is kicking in or is it a warning of some sort?
Old 07-22-10, 05:32 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Raralith
Had this installed at Longo Lexus this Monday for a bit under $300, and wow, huge difference. Just taking the cloverleaf onramp at 30-40 MPH is so much better, but it seems that the traction control light is kicking on a lot more often; the orange light on the bottom right of the odometer display. Am I turning too fast and the system is kicking in or is it a warning of some sort?
it's a warning to buy better tires
Old 07-22-10, 09:04 PM
Karlson
Driver

So I just got my rear sway bar from Sewell and the box said "IS250 AWD" will this work and is this correct for my IS350 RWD?
Old 07-22-10, 09:07 PM
alan003
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Karlson
So I just got my rear sway bar from Sewell and the box said "IS250 AWD" will this work and is this correct for my IS350 RWD?
yes its the correct one
Old 07-22-10, 09:11 PM
Karlson
Driver

Whew! When I got home, I was like wtf?!
Old 07-23-10, 01:13 AM
flexthatdx
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus-Parts
...to you, it's just $228.

For all the others that haven't registered on our site yet it's $305

Darrel
I just ordered mine today
Old 07-31-10, 09:26 PM
CleverName
Pole Position

Well I gotta toss my 2 cents in here just because.
Ordered my front/Rear set some time ago from my LOCAL Lexus dealership (who, but the way, price matched certain online vendors when I asked them to..... (Lets hear it for supporting your LOCAL community!))

The rear went on the day I got them, and I ran it like that for over a week. From the luxury package, installing the rear was an instant hit. What bothered me was that with only the rears, I triggered the traction control constantly. This means something was not right, and it annoyed me. Aggressive cornering still buried the outside front (stock) suspension, causing the tighter rear to "lift its leg" and trigger the light.
Felt very unsettling to me to feel the nose dip but the *** lift in a corner.
Anyhow, put the front on, and it definitely made a difference. The awkward pitch is gone, the traction control light has gone away (well, almost), and the car simply "feels" better balanced and less unsettling.

Having experienced just the rear, and then both, I cant imagine running the car with a rear bar only... It would drive me nuts....

2 cents
Vince
Old 07-31-10, 09:51 PM
loftus112
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CleverName
Well I gotta toss my 2 cents in here just because.
Ordered my front/Rear set some time ago from my LOCAL Lexus dealership (who, but the way, price matched certain online vendors when I asked them to..... (Lets hear it for supporting your LOCAL community!))

The rear went on the day I got them, and I ran it like that for over a week. From the luxury package, installing the rear was an instant hit. What bothered me was that with only the rears, I triggered the traction control constantly. This means something was not right, and it annoyed me. Aggressive cornering still buried the outside front (stock) suspension, causing the tighter rear to "lift its leg" and trigger the light.
Felt very unsettling to me to feel the nose dip but the *** lift in a corner.
Anyhow, put the front on, and it definitely made a difference. The awkward pitch is gone, the traction control light has gone away (well, almost), and the car simply "feels" better balanced and less unsettling.

Having experienced just the rear, and then both, I cant imagine running the car with a rear bar only... It would drive me nuts....

2 cents
Vince
Thanks for the insight Vince as I know exactly what you mean. At least now I know what I need to do to alleviate that unbalanceness and that annoying traction control triggering when making semi to hard turns from start, along with going up curbs.
Old 08-01-10, 10:52 AM
allst4r
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Lexus-Parts
...did someone miss we have them at just 152.60 to registered CL members? That's $13 less than the Bing rebated amount through good ole eBay. You guys need to get on our site and register!

Darrel
i want one!!! but i cant see it for 152.6 it says 168?

Quick Reply: Official F-sport Sway Bar Thread!