Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Official F-sport Sway Bar Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-13, 10:03 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,922 Likes on 1,356 Posts

Just helped a friend install the rear bar on his '08 ISF, the bar is exactly like mine, installed four years ago, but the packaging is now marked TRD No mention on the outside of the box to F-Sport, and the label is Toyota red and black. As I said the bar itself is blue and marked F-Sport. Also, it was my understanding that Toyota, at one point, stopped production of the rear only bar, when the AWD front and rear bar set was released. Since this is the same bar used in the RWD front/rear set, they must have seen that the demand didn't go away.

Lou
Old 02-03-13, 08:36 AM
sgmbab
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do I need an alignment after installing the sway bars?
Old 02-04-13, 09:01 AM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sgmbab
Do I need an alignment after installing the sway bars?
Shouldn't be needed.
Old 02-04-13, 04:12 PM
BernieIS
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
Just helped a friend install the rear bar on his '08 ISF, the bar is exactly like mine, installed four years ago, but the packaging is now marked TRD No mention on the outside of the box to F-Sport, and the label is Toyota red and black. As I said the bar itself is blue and marked F-Sport. Also, it was my understanding that Toyota, at one point, stopped production of the rear only bar, when the AWD front and rear bar set was released. Since this is the same bar used in the RWD front/rear set, they must have seen that the demand didn't go away.

Lou
I would question whether or not the sway bar was authentic especially if it was ordered on the internet. There are quite a large number of imposter parts out there. I do not believe that there are any TRD parts being sold by Lexus for the 2nd Gen IS
Old 02-04-13, 05:53 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,922 Likes on 1,356 Posts

^^^^This part was obtained from an authorized dealer, the same dealer that I bought my Lexus from. It was not bought on the internet. It most certainly is genuine. As I posted above, it is exactly the same as the bar I bought for my F, four years ago. The instructions and the bar itself were marked F-Sport. The PN on the outside of the box was the correct Lexus PN, but the label was TRD red and White and the outside label identified it as a TRD part.

Lou
Old 02-04-13, 07:50 PM
BernieIS
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
^^^^This part was obtained from an authorized dealer, the same dealer that I bought my Lexus from. It was not bought on the internet. It most certainly is genuine. As I posted above, it is exactly the same as the bar I bought for my F, four years ago. The instructions and the bar itself were marked F-Sport. The PN on the outside of the box was the correct Lexus PN, but the label was TRD red and White and the outside label identified it as a TRD part.

Lou
That is interesting. I was unaware that there were any TRD parts that were for the IS. I know some of the parts like oil and radiator caps were interchangeable between the brands but not this. I really love my sway bars, enjoy.
Old 02-04-13, 10:12 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Perhaps they had a return and had to repackage things and the TRD box was all they had lying around?
Old 03-22-13, 04:58 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

I just put a rear on mine, definately feel more responsive and sharper steering if you do a slalom. Noticeably more oversteer. I dunno how some of yall did it in 15 min. Took me 2 hours. Hard to get a breaker bar in there to get any leverage. One of my sway arms had a tough time coming off, I had to remove it from the suspension and then its a pain to put back in. Having access to a lift would definately help a TON. Going to look for a lift or a friend with better tools to help install my front when it comes in. The sway bar brackets I couldnt get them all the way down with the new bushings so you can see a gap in the picture below. I tightened them down as hard as I could and they still have a gap

Im liking it a lot so far, wish I had done it earlier back in 2009 when they first came out. Going to recommend it to a friend that also has a IS350

Old 03-25-13, 12:50 AM
ben10dc
Driver School Candidate

Thanks now i just saved money from not buying the fronts..Haha!
Old 03-25-13, 08:22 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

I received my front sway bar and maybe install it this weekend. When I do I'll let you know how it is. A couple people here said they got the rear bar and ran for a while, then later got the front and said getting the front is worth it. If you order them separately its $40 more.
Old 03-25-13, 11:19 AM
HAiS250
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
I received my front sway bar and maybe install it this weekend. When I do I'll let you know how it is. A couple people here said they got the rear bar and ran for a while, then later got the front and said getting the front is worth it. If you order them separately its $40 more.

Where did you order your front sway bar from? Last i checked (sewell), they only sell the front and rear or rear only
Old 03-25-13, 08:27 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by HAiS250
Where did you order your front sway bar from? Last i checked (sewell), they only sell the front and rear or rear only
http://is.sewellparts.com/accessorie...2006/2151.html

only 06-08, found it here
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/6440621-post604.html

09+, make sure you get a front bushing set
http://is.sewellparts.com/accessorie...2006/1854.html

Last edited by 4TehNguyen; 03-25-13 at 08:31 PM.
Old 03-25-13, 09:02 PM
HAiS250
Pole Position

Thanks. I'll order one soon
Old 03-26-13, 11:54 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

ORDERED mine today...can't wait
Old 03-29-13, 08:37 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

ok I got the front installed this morning. Having a 2nd person and having ramps helped out A LOT. Took less than 1.5 hours this time including prep time. I read about people having to disconnect that wiring harness but I didnt have to. You can rotate the bar however you need to clear it. I didnt have to disconnect them. The only thing I did different than the instructions was for the height control thing. I had to disconnect it at a more accessable spot then remove the parts to transfer to the F Sport sway bar. Other than that it was straight forward, nothing out of the ordinary. I wish I had ramps and a second hand for the rears.

Driving the car it feels more balanced than with just the rear bar installed. Last week I took a sharp cloverleaf like exit off the tollway at 40-50 mph like I normally do with stock. With just the rear bar, you can definitely feel the oversteer and the front starts to get light and less feel. Kind of discerning. I havent tried the exit with both yet but just driving around and doing slaloms on the street you can definitely feel it more balanced, tighter steering, more feedback than with just the rear bar. Definitely get both bars.

Last edited by 4TehNguyen; 03-29-13 at 08:41 AM.

Quick Reply: Official F-sport Sway Bar Thread!