Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Official F-sport Sway Bar Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-14, 09:38 AM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 609 Likes on 405 Posts

Rear is the same fitment for all years, front is different.

Caveat on the rear fitment: On 09+ non-sport models you need to make sure you get the correct brackets and bolts required to mount it (which are the same ones that are used on all 06-08 and 09-13 sport suspension models). They usually come in the kit.

Jeff
Old 01-27-14, 09:41 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,920 Likes on 1,355 Posts

Originally Posted by An2ny
I have a 2008 RWD IS250. I purchased the F-Sport front and rear bars and they sent me the wrong ones…at least the front bar doesn’t fit. These are for a 2009 and up.

I had to reorder a new set, repack and return the old set to get a refund. Now the new “correct set” has the exact same rear bar, the front one is different.

Do to the insane cold weather around here; I haven’t been able to work on the car. Could someone confirm that the rear bars are the same? The stock one is slightly bended around the center and the F-Sport is completely straight. All the pictures that I see the rear F-sport bar look the same, just want to make sure before I try to install it.
The rear bars are the same, but there was a bushing change with the 2009 and up models. See this thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...different.html

As far as the shape goes, your original bar was meant for all markets, including those that Lexus supplies with a full sized spare tire. The trunk pan is different on those vehicles to accommodate the spare and the bar is bent to contort around the trunk pan. The F-Sport bar is meant for the US market and the US market cars use a donut spare with a different trunk pan. Also, for performance, the straighter bar will perform better.

Lou
Old 01-27-14, 11:58 AM
An2ny
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great info!
Thanks
Old 02-06-14, 07:00 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

do 2006-2013 AWD use the same parts and brackets?
Old 02-14-14, 11:13 PM
kiryu
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Installed a f sport rear bar onto a is350 today..mechanic charged me $30. He mentioned the old bar is so soft and wobbly comparing to the f sport.

wow certainly an improvement..even my wife felt it in corners. Our seats certainly dont grab us like the ones from infiniti G..but the bar does help.

The initial turn in is still a bit soft, but once you are into the cornering the car feels more together and solid.

Love it, the best $190 upgrade i spent!
Old 02-14-14, 11:51 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kiryu
Installed a f sport rear bar onto a is350 today..mechanic charged me $30. He mentioned the old bar is so soft and wobbly comparing to the f sport.

wow certainly an improvement..even my wife felt it in corners. Our seats certainly dont grab us like the ones from infiniti G..but the bar does help.

The initial turn in is still a bit soft, but once you are into the cornering the car feels more together and solid.

Love it, the best $190 upgrade i spent!
I think this is the best description of the F-Sport sways. There is still a SMALL lean, but once you get there the car just grabs and sticks. Understeer is greatly reduced!
Old 03-10-14, 05:31 PM
p31212y
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

just got them installed !! woooooo
Attached Thumbnails Official F-sport Sway Bar Thread!-fsportsways.jpg  
Old 04-27-14, 07:27 PM
astromoose
Driver School Candidate

Where are you guys purchases the f-sport sway bars? Sewell has it for $500.. Yikes!
Old 06-05-14, 08:43 AM
waiman3
Rookie

Great, will get a set for DIY 2007 IS250
Old 06-05-14, 10:38 AM
WylieKylie
Lead Lap

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by astromoose
Where are you guys purchases the f-sport sway bars? Sewell has it for $500.. Yikes!
Old 06-09-14, 07:56 AM
JohanLexus
Driver School Candidate

Cant wait to get mine installed !!!!
Old 06-09-14, 01:17 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Becareful with hard and fast cornering because you will so eager to do it @ every turn once the sway bar is on fun fun fun.
Old 07-07-14, 06:39 PM
GX470Ken
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well with all the excitement over the sway bars, I'm going to order a set and have them installed. Some interesting info though. My local Lexus Stealership wants $628 for the set and another $658 to install them. WTF? Sewell wants $408 including shipping for the set so I'll be buying from them unless someone knows another dealership that has a better price. Considering I won't have my local dealership install them, I'll probably have a local mechanic install for considerably less.
I have a 2008 IS350 luxury pkg with NAV and only installed a couple mods in the way of a front and rear window spoiler so if anyone has anything to share about the install experience please pass it on. Not knowing too much about these types of mods, I just want a smooth install without any surprises.
Old 07-09-14, 09:43 AM
Skins21
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kenneth40
Well with all the excitement over the sway bars, I'm going to order a set and have them installed. Some interesting info though. My local Lexus Stealership wants $628 for the set and another $658 to install them. WTF? Sewell wants $408 including shipping for the set so I'll be buying from them unless someone knows another dealership that has a better price. Considering I won't have my local dealership install them, I'll probably have a local mechanic install for considerably less.
I have a 2008 IS350 luxury pkg with NAV and only installed a couple mods in the way of a front and rear window spoiler so if anyone has anything to share about the install experience please pass it on. Not knowing too much about these types of mods, I just want a smooth install without any surprises.
I'm in Maryland too and ordered through Sewell because of their great CL discount. I had a local mechanic friend do the install (I only ordered the rear) on my 350 for cheap and noticed a huge difference almost immediately
Old 07-09-14, 10:15 AM
getafewliv
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kenneth40
Just get the rear and install it yourself. Only get the front if you have money burning in your pocket and want to be able to say you have both.

Quick Reply: Official F-sport Sway Bar Thread!