Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Official F-sport Sway Bar Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-14, 10:56 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,920 Likes on 1,355 Posts

Originally Posted by getafewliv
Just get the rear and install it yourself. Only get the front if you have money burning in your pocket and want to be able to say you have both.
Actually I disagree with that advice. If you can afford it, get them both. This is a humongous thread, but if you go and read the posts, you'll se that the set offers the best handling balance.

Lou
Old 07-11-14, 06:55 PM
GX470Ken
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well I guess the extra cash WAS burning a hole in the pocket. I ordered the set from Sewell and they are due to arrive Tuesday. Hope to have them installed soon after.

Next mod I'm interested in is the F-Sport exhaust. Only concerns for that is the price and how it sounds and feels from the drivers seat. Don't know anyone around me who has the exhaust installed so I may seek out a member close by for a test drive before making the investment.
Old 07-12-14, 11:27 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by getafewliv
Just get the rear and install it yourself. Only get the front if you have money burning in your pocket and want to be able to say you have both.
I ran the rear only for 2 weeks, it felt more balanced with both front and rear.
Old 07-12-14, 02:02 PM
GX470Ken
Driver

My mechanic who is to install the sways strongly suggested that I get the end links just in case there is an issue with getting them off and also considering the car is almost 7 years old. Anyone else replaced these at time of install?
If so does the links come with all the hardware needed in case the mounting bolt seizes or is the mounting hardware separate from the link? I'm almost afraid to ask the parts guys anything sometimes since they gave me wrong info before.
Old 07-14-14, 03:02 PM
mrRandy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just ordered my fsport rear sway today...GREAT TIP! hear that its the most noticeable upgrade you can do to an IS.

BTW im new here.

HI!!! =)
Old 07-14-14, 04:51 PM
scott1256c
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a sikky, not f-sport, but that has nothing to do with end links
I can tell you I had one end link on a 2007 that gave a LOT of trouble to remove. My vote would be to get new end links before you install. BUT you still have time before your sway comes in to go see if your end links will remove easily or not.. I guess I'd try that first.
Old 07-16-14, 04:47 PM
Leander311
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Alright, after 100k miles on my IS350 (147k total miles), I'm finally being swayed (see what I did there??) to finally bite the bullet on this. I've had a set of barely-used F-Sport/Bilstein shocks sitting in the garage a while, so I'll throw those on with some F-Sport springs, and the rear sway. Any advice for a guy who's been used to this cushy stock suspension for this long, and for b/g, also drives Formula SAE cars with his fellow UT alumni on weekends and is building a kit Ariel Atom?

Thanks!
Nick

Old 07-16-14, 07:46 PM
GX470Ken
Driver

Received my front/rear set from Sewell yesterday. I open the box today and what do I find, one of the bars is scratched up to high hell. I'm pissed! It appears someone took the larger one out of the box and tried installing it.

The smaller bar is like new and still in the plastic bag in the box. The larger was not in the plastic bag. I thought it looked odd that the box appeared to be re-taped as if it been opened before. If this is what the CL discounted price get me, then I'll pay full price somewhere else. I was due to have these installed tomorrow before vacation. I guess it's not happening. Highly disappointed in Sewell! I don't deal with the Bozo Parts Department at my local Dealership because they have no clue what they are doing. I've heard so many good things about Sewell on this site and this is my second issue with them out of 3 orders. WTF?
Attached Thumbnails Official F-sport Sway Bar Thread!-img_4549.jpg   Official F-sport Sway Bar Thread!-img_4554.jpg   Official F-sport Sway Bar Thread!-img_4550.jpg   Official F-sport Sway Bar Thread!-img_4552.jpg  
Old 07-17-14, 07:34 AM
2ISTruong
Rookie

Sewell sent me a mint rear sway when i ordered with the CL discount. Never had any issues quality wise with Sewell, surprises me they sent you that.
Old 07-17-14, 08:44 AM
scott1256c
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Received my front/rear set from Sewell yesterday. I open the box today and what do I find, one of the bars is scratched up to high hell. I'm pissed! It appears someone took the larger one out of the box and tried installing it.
You are understandably upset. It's always disappointing to get an item that is not in the condition you expected. I assume you will be contacting Sewell and asking them to replace it. Let us know how that goes. If I were you, I'd ask them to pay the shipping both ways, since it seems to be their mistake and not yours.
Old 07-17-14, 08:46 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

call them up , they should take care of you and send a replacement
Old 07-17-14, 07:56 PM
GX470Ken
Driver

Thanks for the support!
I emailed Sewell early in the morning before going to work. Soon after they opened, I got several emails from them but no phone call as I requested. They apologized and stated "rest assure, we make every attempt ensuring only new parts are received by our buyers!" Well, I kind of wonder who checked this box before shipping?
I will give them some credit, they promptly sent an RMA with free return shipping and placed an order on my behalf for another set without asking any further questions or asking for proof of damage . They also promised a tracking number for the new set being sent by end of business day but I never got one. Go figure!
I'll post again when the "new" set arrives.
Old 07-19-14, 01:07 PM
rawr2is250
Pole Position

^What that is so unlike sewell from what I read, that sucks. Hope all works out
Old 07-19-14, 02:11 PM
GX470Ken
Driver

Still no tracking info for the new sway bars from Sewell.
Old 07-19-14, 08:04 PM
JamesTKirk
Driver School Candidate

Good luck Kenneth. I'll be ordering mine soon.

Quick Reply: Official F-sport Sway Bar Thread!