Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Official F-sport Sway Bar Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-20, 04:25 PM
X350
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Default Part number

Would anyone happen to know the part number for the RWD 350 F-Sport front sway bar? I know they typically come in a set, however I already purchased the rear and may want the front down the line. X
Old 05-15-20, 04:36 PM
davidbusta
Intermediate

Received 87 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by X350
Would anyone happen to know the part number for the RWD 350 F-Sport front sway bar? I know they typically come in a set, however I already purchased the rear and may want the front down the line. X
I honestly dont think they sell just the front by itself. I think your best bet is to buy the whole and sell the rear. I'm sure itll sell really quick. Or maybe just wait until a used front one comes into the market, which I would think if one does come up they'll have both front and rear and they'll want to sell both as a set.
The following users liked this post:
X350 (05-15-20)
Old 05-15-20, 04:37 PM
X350
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by davidbusta
I honestly dont think they sell just the front by itself. I think your best bet is to buy the whole and sell the rear. I'm sure itll sell really quick. Or maybe just wait until a used front one comes into the market, which I would think if one does come up they'll have both front and rear and they'll want to sell both as a set.

Right on, Sir! Thanks for the reply.
Old 05-16-20, 12:28 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by redspencer
On a side note, I do wonder if the aero panels on the IS350C are compatible with the IS350 sedan. If so, that would be a great breakthrough as I believe aero panels on the USDM 2IS350s are non-existent (they do exist on the JDM versions though). The braces used on the IS350C would also be a great addition to an IS350 sedan but it would likely require body work in order to properly secure these braces underneath the chassis of the sedan model.
Interesting they curved the rear F Sport sway bar for the IS350 C.. Where the F Sport sway bar for the Sedan is straight..!!

Wonder if this was to compensate for the spare tire compartment differences found on the convertible.

Did you happen to cross-reference the actually bar part numbers for the F&R sedan vs Convertible ?

The whole kit online lists: PTR02-53100 for the convertible.

Also, I recall more underbody panels were added i think in 2008 on my IS350.. I have to go dig photos.. The IS F has the underbody panels as well all years.

Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 05-16-20 at 01:03 PM.
Old 05-16-20, 01:45 PM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 534 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Interesting they curved the rear F Sport sway bar for the IS350 C.. Where the F Sport sway bar for the Sedan is straight..!!

Wonder if this was to compensate for the spare tire compartment differences found on the convertible.

Did you happen to cross-reference the actually bar part numbers for the F&R sedan vs Convertible ?

The whole kit online lists: PTR02-53100 for the convertible.

Also, I recall more underbody panels were added i think in 2008 on my IS350.. I have to go dig photos.. The IS F has the underbody panels as well all years.

Joe Z
Hey Joe, good to see you regularly posting on the forums again. I'm still rocking the JoeZ intake pipe after more than a decade on my other IS350 and confirmed via datalogs that it consistently has a higher airflow reading (MAF g/s) than an OEM intake pipe ​​​​​: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...n-results.html

I do have the part numbers for the front and rear F-Sport sway bars specific for the convertible model but it is essentially the same number as the P/N used for the whole kit (and differ from the IS sedan P/Ns):

ISC Front = PTR02-53100F (30mm)
ISC Rear = PTR02-53100R (19mm)

IS Front = PTR02-53085 (28.6mm)
IS Rear = PTR02-53080 (19mm)

With regards to the underbody panels, here is a visual representation of the total panels used on the JDM ISX50...

Last edited by redspencer; 05-16-20 at 04:07 PM.
Joe Z (05-16-20)
Old 05-16-20, 04:40 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Hey Joe, good to see you regularly posting on the forums again. I'm still rocking the JoeZ intake pipe after more than a decade on my other IS350 and confirmed via datalogs that it consistently has a higher airflow reading (MAF g/s) than an OEM intake pipe ​​​​​: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...n-results.html

I do have the part numbers for the front and rear F-Sport sway bars specific for the convertible model but it is essentially the same number as the P/N used for the whole kit (and differ from the IS sedan P/Ns):

ISC Front = PTR02-53100F (30mm)
ISC Rear = PTR02-53100R (19mm)

IS Front = PTR02-53085 (28.6mm)
IS Rear = PTR02-53080 (19mm)

With regards to the underbody panels, here is a visual representation of the total panels used on the JDM ISX50...
Yes good to be back..!! Great to see the pipe still delivering its Direct Air Flow Intake design.

This might be the sway bars that can actually work better on the IS F as well.. Many IS F owners have only installed the Rear F Sport sway bar.
Im going to research these some more.

Ah yes i remember the under panel fiasco from 08-09. I couldn't find pictures of MY08 IS350 underbody.. I got plenty of my IS F

Joe Z
Old 05-18-20, 08:20 AM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,514 Likes on 1,259 Posts

Red, IIRC the front sub-frame has no isolation dampers like the rear, can you confirm? If this a true IMO one could significantly increase the rear rigidity by hanging the rear sub-frame in aluminum essentially integrating the body and chassis. Yes, the NVH would increase ever so slightly but the same conditions exist up front so the win is that any additional bracing added can go directly from body to sub-frame which would significantly strengthen the aft section.

PS thanks for sharing that bit on the C braces. I was wondering where the story was going when they said to jack and brace the SF. The giant bolts in the pile explain that completely.

Has anyone seen a poly kit for SF?

Last little bit; when the departing with a frozen car having thin layer of ice all over it; these cars flex a lot. I'd definitely add that the sun roof is a major flex point.
Old 05-18-20, 10:54 AM
sinister2c
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 139 Posts

I used GS350 (3GS) versions for the side panels which I think is the only ones missing from the 2IS. The bolt to existing studs, just have to cut the back since GS is longer. These are easy to come by in USA.
But looks like the JDM and Convertible version cover alot more of the bottom and frame vs. GS.

Old 05-18-20, 04:17 PM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 534 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by 2013FSport
Red, IIRC the front sub-frame has no isolation dampers like the rear, can you confirm? If this a true IMO one could significantly increase the rear rigidity by hanging the rear sub-frame in aluminum essentially integrating the body and chassis. Yes, the NVH would increase ever so slightly but the same conditions exist up front so the win is that any additional bracing added can go directly from body to sub-frame which would significantly strengthen the aft section.

PS thanks for sharing that bit on the C braces. I was wondering where the story was going when they said to jack and brace the SF. The giant bolts in the pile explain that completely.

Has anyone seen a poly kit for SF?

Last little bit; when the departing with a frozen car having thin layer of ice all over it; these cars flex a lot. I'd definitely add that the sun roof is a major flex point.
Not sure if I can get a clear look at the front subframe of the IS350C as the large underbody panel is covering a good portion of it. There is a great aftermarket solution to solidifying the subframes which are the Spoon solid rigid collars. It's something that I've thought about doing but haven't yet made the jump: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...id-collar.html

With regards to chassis flex (especially around the sunroof), a supposed remedy is upgrading the rear subframe braces. Here's a thread on it (which also has some previous posts from me):
​​https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ion-brace.html

Originally Posted by sinister2c
I used GS350 (3GS) versions for the side panels which I think is the only ones missing from the 2IS. The bolt to existing studs, just have to cut the back since GS is longer. These are easy to come by in USA.
But looks like the JDM and Convertible version cover alot more of the bottom and frame vs. GS.
Thanks for pointing out the 3rd Gen GS350 as another possible source for compatible underbody panels. 👍
2013FSport (05-19-20)
Old 05-19-20, 09:12 PM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,514 Likes on 1,259 Posts

Not sure if I can get a clear look at the front subframe of the IS350C as the large underbody panel is covering a good portion of it. There is a great aftermarket solution to solidifying the subframes which are the Spoon solid rigid collars. It's something that I've thought about doing but haven't yet made the jump: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...id-collar.html

With regards to chassis flex (especially around the sunroof), a supposed remedy is upgrading the rear subframe braces. Here's a thread on it (which also has some previous posts from me):
​​https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ion-brace.html
That first thread is interesting. I have no idea what they are doing pulling the front sub-frame out like that. It is aluminum and the rear section is mounted solid, so the front section must also be solid. Rack mounts, I can see going poly there or maybe even solid, but no clue what else they are pulling the front apart for.

As for the back, to me it seems like a no brainer if you want to stiffen the rear up. I know an IS-F track guy guy replaced his with aluminum and kept the long bolts but there isn't much need for gravel side of the spacer as it's merely a filler for that long OEM bolt once the other side is solid. It just needs to clamp and locate.

As for the kit, I'd like to know more about what's going on up front. If I could do the back, I'd start there. On another note, go back in time, where solid axle rears were the thing, solid links and small isolation joints for the link suspension to a uni-body. It doesn't get much more direct than that. So, really don't think there is a concern for crazy NVH.

This whole COVID 2020 thing has delayed my Giken LCD install, and now the work load is off the charts. so....
Old 06-29-20, 07:57 PM
ELexis
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 98 Posts

Has any member installed Energy Suspension polyurethane bushings, Part Number: 9.5106 (19mm Non Greasable) or part number 9.5156 (19mm Outer Brackets with Zerk Fitting for Greasing), with F Sport rear 19mm sway bar?
Old 06-30-20, 12:07 PM
B00M3R
Driver

Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts

I just got my new Front and rear kit and am going to install it today but I was wondering if anyone had any insight into getting the Figs sway bar endlinks vs the stock ones.
Anyone have any first hand knowledge if there is a noticeable difference in them?
I ended up getting the Figs bushings as I didn't realize the kit came with new factory ones.

Old 06-30-20, 12:28 PM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Received 773 Likes on 675 Posts

Originally Posted by B00M3R
I just got my new Front and rear kit and am going to install it today but I was wondering if anyone had any insight into getting the Figs sway bar endlinks vs the stock ones.
Anyone have any first hand knowledge if there is a noticeable difference in them?
I ended up getting the Figs bushings as I didn't realize the kit came with new factory ones.

The superpro bushings are good, but they are not the same height as the F sport bushings. They tend to bind the bar once you clamp them down. Also the the front busings are a lot wider. So once in there you see that it will be touching the sway bar colIars too. I just changed my front super pros back to the ones that came with the bars. The car feels way better. Tonight I plan to put the rears back to the F sport bushings as well.

The only way I see to fix this issue is to put washers under the clamps. So once you tighten them down they don't crush the bushings.The bolts are long enough to do this. The key is finding the right spacer. However you still have to deal with the wider bushings not touching the collar. This is what I ran into with my AWD. Maybe for the RWD is different, and not cause binding.

In hindsight I hate my android phone the text prediction is horrible. Constantly having to edit my posts!

Last edited by MikeFig82; 06-30-20 at 12:38 PM.
Old 06-30-20, 12:43 PM
ELexis
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeFig82
The superpro bushings are good, but they are not the same height as the F sport bushings. They tend to bind the bar once you clamp them down. Also the the front busings are a lot wider. So once in there you see that it will be touching the sway bar colIars too. I just changed my front super pros back to the ones that came with the bars. The car feels way better. Tonight I plan to put the rears back to the F sport bushings as well.

The only way I see to fix this issue is to put washers under the clamps. So once you tighten them down they don't crush the bushings.The bolts are long enough to do this. The key is finding the right spacer. However you still have to deal with the wider bushings not touching the collar. This is what I ran into with my AWD. Maybe for the RWD is different, and not cause binding.

In hindsight I hate my android phone the text prediction is horrible. Constantly having to edit my posts!
MikeFig82, any experience with installing Energy Suspension polyurethane bushings, Part Number: 9.5106 (19mm Non Greasable) or part number 9.5156 (19mm Outer Brackets with Zerk Fitting for Greasing), with F Sport rear 19mm sway bar?
Old 06-30-20, 12:53 PM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Received 773 Likes on 675 Posts

Originally Posted by ELexis
MikeFig82, any experience with installing Energy Suspension polyurethane bushings, Part Number: 9.5106 (19mm Non Greasable) or part number 9.5156 (19mm Outer Brackets with Zerk Fitting for Greasing), with F Sport rear 19mm sway bar?
Why do you want to change them out? If you look at the F sport bushing they almost look like a poly blend. They should last a long time. As far as experience I ran them on my old GS400. They worked fine for me. The only thing I see is them squeaking. As I think they have a smooth interior surface, and not a knurled like the super pros to retain grease. For the grease fitting style I have no experience.

Quick Reply: Official F-sport Sway Bar Thread!