Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Official F-sport Sway Bar Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-09, 03:57 AM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ba-b4
I just want to report that the F rear sway bar bent and twisted one of my stock endlinks. Maybe some of you might want to take a look to see if your's are okay.
how the hell did that happen?
Old 04-02-09, 06:39 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,896 Likes on 1,337 Posts

^^^^The only thing I can figure out, is that the bar slipped in the bushings

Lou
Old 04-02-09, 12:45 PM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 2slow
how the hell did that happen?
not sure how it happened it just did. The stock endlink is all twisted. I did a search and seems like lots of people with stiff aftermarket sways either break or twist the stock endlinks? The stock sway is flexible but the F sport one isn't really.. maybe since it doesn't give or flex hard cornering will flex the weakest point.. in this case the end link? I dunno.. gotta order myself up a new one now.. anyone know how much end links cost for this car?
Old 04-12-09, 11:18 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I a happy to hear that install can be done that quickly. I hope it this easy on the 3GS
Old 04-14-09, 10:51 AM
IS25Heaven
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alright guys from my understanding the f sport rear sway bar is 19mm and the is-f is 17mm. The thicker the sway bar the stiffer the car will be right? Since i have an is250 getting an is-f rear sway bar would be an upgrade, but it wont work as well as f sport one right?
Old 04-14-09, 10:57 AM
kayotik
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IS25Heaven
Alright guys from my understanding the f sport rear sway bar is 19mm and the is-f is 17mm. The thicker the sway bar the stiffer the car will be right? Since i have an is250 getting an is-f rear sway bar would be an upgrade, but it wont work as well as f sport one right?
Exactly. Or you can get a JUN-TW rear sway like me
Old 04-14-09, 11:32 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,896 Likes on 1,337 Posts

Originally Posted by IS25Heaven
Read this thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...ni-review.html

Work as well The front and rear sway bars work as a team. IMO, if you replace the rear bar only on a ISX50 with the F-Sport bar, you disturb the balance, and throw the car into an oversteer mode. Right now you understeer a little, which is actually quite safe. If you replace the rear bar with the IS-F bar, it will handle better and become more neutral, go with the F-Sport without replacing the front bar, and you will oversteer.

Lou
Old 04-14-09, 12:05 PM
juice14
Lexus Champion

I am not sure about the IS-F ive never driven one. but I replaced the rear sway bar only with the Fsport on my IS350 and it is much better. and it stll understeers a lil bit which is perfect for me, since im not a track guy, etc. I think the Fsport front swaybar for the IS350 gets only like 6% stiffer, so i would think there wouldnt be much difference from my set up.
Old 04-14-09, 01:20 PM
IS25Heaven
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
Read this thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...ni-review.html

Work as well The front and rear sway bars work as a team. IMO, if you replace the rear bar only on a ISX50 with the F-Sport bar, you disturb the balance, and throw the car into an oversteer mode. Right now you understeer a little, which is actually quite safe. If you replace the rear bar with the IS-F bar, it will handle better and become more neutral, go with the F-Sport without replacing the front bar, and you will oversteer.

Lou
I believe that the is250 does understeer and by me getting an is f rear sway bar, the car will remain neutral and even if im tail sliding happy. I'm cool with it, I rather oversteer than understeer. Thanks for the link Lou.
Old 04-14-09, 09:40 PM
rebs
Lead Lap

So, the recommendation for an IS350 (from this thread) would be a IS-F rear sway bar installed, and if you can't get that then the F-sport rear?

Can you normally purchase just a rear sway bar from dealerships? It looked like Sewell only sold them as a package.

Anyone have them painted?
Old 04-14-09, 10:26 PM
IS25Heaven
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rebs
So, the recommendation for an IS350 (from this thread) would be a IS-F rear sway bar installed, and if you can't get that then the F-sport rear?

Can you normally purchase just a rear sway bar from dealerships? It looked like Sewell only sold them as a package.

Anyone have them painted?
I'm getting an Is-f sway bar, because i found my self a good deal. Your rear sway bar is 15mm and the is f one is 17mm. The is f one wont make much of difference for you. You should def go wit the f sport one. IF you just wanna get the rear, just get the awd set up and you will only be getting the rear. And I have no idea why you would you like to paint something thats gonna be under your car, and you wont be able to see unless if you put your head under your car.
just my 2 cents.
Old 04-15-09, 07:39 AM
curtdragon
Driver School Candidate

For those of you who had it dealer installed what are they charging?
Old 04-15-09, 07:59 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by curtdragon
For those of you who had it dealer installed what are they charging?
Way, way too much :P

Seriously, especially if you have a 350 and decide to only do a rear bar, it's a 15 minute install with a friend, a jack, 2 jackstands, and a couple wrenches

I think officially it's 2 hours labor to install the front/rear bars. (my local dealer quoted like $270 for install, which sounds more like 2.5 hours though) Doing both yourself with 1 friend helping should be half that time, without even benefit of a lift or air tools, so you know the dealer's ripping you off pretty badly.
Old 04-15-09, 09:48 AM
juice14
Lexus Champion

IS350 = rear only

Thats ridiculous Kurtz, $270 for install... I had never done it in my life and got the rear done in no time (with some CL help). im sure the front takes more time but there is no way it takes that much for a lexus technician with power tools/lift and has done it before.
I hate stealerships
Old 04-15-09, 10:10 AM
IS25Heaven
Lexus Test Driver

Hey guys, i just picked up an is f rear sway bar. I pushed the car last night, so i could feel the difference. I'm gonna have my friend install it for me tomorrow. I'll keep you guys updated.

Quick Reply: Official F-sport Sway Bar Thread!