Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

IS F front rotors

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-10, 08:05 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

nice work. it would top it off if these brakes said brembo instead of Corvette
Old 06-09-10, 08:52 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 96SC4
those look great //LRD....!!!
first to say, i am jealous!
I'm not sure how group buys work on the forum. But I can find out how much Opus water jetting would charge us per set if we order in bulk..Listen guys this is by far the cheapest six piston BBK anywhere .The rotors are 100.00-110.00 on Ebay. The calibers can be purchased from a local Chevy dealer for 269-319.00 each. I bought the pads from Ebay for 58.00 dollars landed... And the brackets are 90.00 dollars for the pair( I/2 inch steel ). A 14.1 rotor / 6 piston calibers setup for under a grand..

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
nice work. it would top it off if these brakes said brembo instead of Corvette

Thanks , the brakes are made by an Australian company PBR. As a joke for the locals, I'm going to make sticks that say( Bembo ).. So that when they correct me . I then can tell them , that"s why they were so cheap on Ebay ..lol
The following users liked this post:
GhostDog88 (04-19-17)
Old 06-09-10, 11:01 PM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Man thats bad a$$ thanks for the thread. Dont let this group buy thing get out of hand. CL will kill your thread. If you do try to get the brackets to people, do it on the down low. I was told tonight that I cant sell anymore of my Rear Strut Tower Bars on CL, unless I become a vendor. Oh and Im not trying to be a *ick but its (CALIPER) not (caliber).

Last edited by spdrcr771; 06-10-10 at 11:46 AM.
Old 06-09-10, 11:14 PM
good2go
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spdrcr771
... its (CALIPER) not (caliber).
lol
Old 06-10-10, 04:18 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Man that bad a$$ thanks for the thread. Dont let this group buy thing get out of hand. CL will kill your thread. If you do try to get the brackets to people, do it on the down low. I was told tonight that I cant sell anymore of my Rear Strut Tower Bars on CL, unless I become a vendor. Oh and Im not trying to be a *ick but its (CALIPER) not (caliber).
Thanks will do

Oh and Im not trying to be a *ick but its (CALIPER) not (caliber).
Wow I do have a slight case of dislexus I mean (DYSLEXIA).. Anyhow thanks. I've always confused the two, I guess I was trying show the caliber of my mod..
Old 06-10-10, 09:54 AM
slvrboolet
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great idea for a bbk i would have never thought about it. What yr vette calipers did you use? I'll have to pass this along to some of the turbo sc guys.

Last edited by slvrboolet; 06-10-10 at 09:58 AM.
Old 06-10-10, 11:06 AM
CLass of 1
Advanced

Received 295 Likes on 190 Posts

They are C6 Vette calipers I don't think they vary by model year. Dude, I must say this is one of the coolest mods I've seen, great job thinking outside the box. Only question I have is what about the brake balance? I've heard a lot of problems when upgrading the front brakes alone, when dealing with brake balance. The front brakes are now so much more powerful than the rears and it upsets the balance. If I'm not mistaken you can adjust the brake bias but I don't remember how. Have you done this? Can anyone chime in on this?
Old 06-10-10, 11:08 AM
CLass of 1
Advanced

Received 295 Likes on 190 Posts

Also where in Florida are you located? I'm in Miami.
Old 06-10-10, 12:03 PM
slvrboolet
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CLass of 1
They are C6 Vette calipers I don't think they vary by model year. Dude, I must say this is one of the coolest mods I've seen, great job thinking outside the box. Only question I have is what about the brake balance? I've heard a lot of problems when upgrading the front brakes alone, when dealing with brake balance. The front brakes are now so much more powerful than the rears and it upsets the balance. If I'm not mistaken you can adjust the brake bias but I don't remember how. Have you done this? Can anyone chime in on this?
I dont have an sc YET. But i have a turbo IS300 with the bbk up front and was deffinatly one of the best mods i have done the braking power is insane. I did fronts only as the rears only account for about 20% anyway i havent noticed any neg effects of having fronts only.
Old 06-10-10, 03:14 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by slvrboolet
Great idea for a bbk i would have never thought about it. What yr vette calipers did you use? I'll have to pass this along to some of the turbo sc guys.
07 and on

Originally Posted by CLass of 1
Also where in Florida are you located? I'm in Miami.
Ft. Liquor dale

Originally Posted by slvrboolet
I dont have an sc YET. But i have a turbo IS300 with the bbk up front and was deffinatly one of the best mods i have done the braking power is insane. I did fronts only as the rears only account for about 20% anyway i havent noticed any neg effects of having fronts only.

So far I have not experienced any side effect of having bbk fronts only . I do have the Z06 4 piston rears which requires at least a 13.2 inch rotor. I will be using the Supra TT's which are 13 inch. I just have to float the caliper 5 mm .

Thanks everyone . I'm glad to see such a positive response for this mod.
Old 06-10-10, 04:21 PM
jdm93400
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sweet i wanna try this hope its not costly
Old 06-14-10, 06:49 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Default The brakes feel awesome.

I drove the car this weekend . And I will say the brakes feel very strong. There is more of a nose drive when I stand on the brakes. However I'm still running the one piston OE SC calipers . I'm gonna be installing two different brake upgrades this week. A set of TT's fronts only and my LS's on a friends car. I'm planning to get all three cars together. And do a side by side comparison, hopefully the weather permits .. I would like nothing more then to resolve the debate. I know for a fact that the Z06's have out preformed the Ls's . But in all fairness I didn't have cross drilled LS rotors.

Oh some other interesting information . After installing Z06 calipers I realized I had more wheel clearance . The thickness of the PBR (z06) calipers are a 1/4 thinner. And the other info is the 4 piston rear calipers share the same mounting location. Which means the some bracket can be used for either the 6 or 4 piston calipers in the front.
Old 06-14-10, 02:53 PM
Klaus
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh cool, so the 4 piston rears from the Z can be used in the front for those with wheel clearance issues? Awesome. And what are you comparing the thickness to? LS brakes? Or factory SC brakes?
Old 06-14-10, 05:56 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Klaus
Oh cool, so the 4 piston rears from the Z can be used in the front for those with wheel clearance issues? Awesome. And what are you comparing the thickness to? LS brakes? Or factory SC brakes?

Just make sure that ur wheels drop center is greater then 15.75. I plan to have the wheels off in the next few days . I wanna check on the brackets assembly. I'll measure the exact diameter across for ya

IS F front rotors-15.5-inches-cross.jpg
Old 06-14-10, 06:03 PM
djl
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Hi LRD,

What's the mounting bolt center-to-center spacing of the ZO6 calipers? I'm interested to see if it might fit another vehicle.

Thanks in advance,

djl

Quick Reply: IS F front rotors