Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

~Camber KIt for 2nd Gen IS~

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-08, 03:57 PM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ULTiMaX99
is the discount tire you went to the big chain store and aka america's tires? cuz discount/america's tires don't do alignment...
Yeah its the big chain discount tires, they been around that spot for a while.. HMM i think most discount tires around my area do alignments.. And the alignment told me theres no way I can get a camber kit cuz they dont make it yet.. So i dont know about that statement.
Old 12-12-08, 06:23 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

i think tires will wear out that quickly.. 6 moths tops for me
Old 12-12-08, 06:33 PM
Ikonz350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i hate my camber wear...
Old 12-12-08, 06:53 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

if your 2is's aren't so ridiculously lowered, you might not need camber kits.

and past a certain ride height, even a camber kit won't help.

though swapping tires from left/right more often might help alleviate the wear from camber.

Last edited by projectdna; 12-12-08 at 06:58 PM.
Old 12-12-08, 07:16 PM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

I'm a ridiculous guy, trying to see if i can solve a ridiculous problem
Old 12-13-08, 08:11 AM
orlando628
Pole Position

they have camber kit for our cars im telling u guys!! my friend dad that work in the dealer found them for the rear for 145
Old 12-13-08, 07:55 PM
VIS250P
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by orlando628
they have camber kit for our cars im telling u guys!! my friend dad that work in the dealer found them for the rear for 145
Explanation...
Old 12-13-08, 11:10 PM
orlando628
Pole Position

my friend dad know a guy that strictly makes camber kit for cars and the honda dealer my friend dad works gets the camber kit for the honda accord v6 and no one makes them but him for that car and there really good im getting them on my car as soon i get the money
Old 12-14-08, 01:45 AM
VIS250P
Lexus Champion

my friend dad know a guy that strictly makes camber kit for cars and the honda dealer my friend dad works gets the camber kit for the honda accord v6 and no one makes them but him for that car and there really good im getting them on my car as soon i get the money
Let me said this.. Are you talking about the rear camber kit for the 2nd generation IS will fit from the 1st generation IS?
Old 12-14-08, 02:00 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

i'll try to curb my enthusiasm until i see a pic of the product installed on the 2is.
Old 12-14-08, 08:00 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by projectdna
i'll try to curb my enthusiasm until i see a pic of the product installed on the 2is.
i have to agree on this
Old 12-14-08, 08:32 AM
ChrISF
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

heres a solution

buy cheap tires that are easy to replace within a year and you wont need to be paying an arm and leg for them.

if you think our camber is bad, go look on some VW forums. after browsing there, i bet people here will stop complaining on how we have -2 degrees of camber.

heres a pic for your viewing

oh and btw, i know its been said before, but im just clarifying. Camber DOES NOT wear your tires down as fast as TOE does. if your tires start to show incredible wear, check your toe first because that will be the reason behind the tire wearing before camber will be the reason.
Old 12-14-08, 07:59 PM
VIS250P
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by chrIS250
heres a solution

buy cheap tires that are easy to replace within a year and you wont need to be paying an arm and leg for them.

if you think our camber is bad, go look on some VW forums. after browsing there, i bet people here will stop complaining on how we have -2 degrees of camber.

heres a pic for your viewing

oh and btw, i know its been said before, but im just clarifying. Camber DOES NOT wear your tires down as fast as TOE does. if your tires start to show incredible wear, check your toe first because that will be the reason behind the tire wearing before camber will be the reason.
I always buy some cheap tires because I know tires wear out by driving a car everyday.. I want to get rear wider rims like 11 inch and want to adjust the negative camber because I want the rims slide under the fender without hestitate and worry about more fender modification... The front need camber kit because the fender and bumper sit together and they touch the tires with low offset rims.. If I want to adjust negative front, I dont think they will likely to touch between the fenders and a bumper.. Ya know Im saying... Im not worry about tire wear out because of the negative camber.. I just want to do something easier way without trouble...
Old 12-14-08, 08:30 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Not to be off topic but VIS250P are you going to answer my PM?
Old 12-14-08, 10:15 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by VIS250P
I always buy some cheap tires because I know tires wear out by driving a car everyday.. I want to get rear wider rims like 11 inch and want to adjust the negative camber because I want the rims slide under the fender without hestitate and worry about more fender modification... The front need camber kit because the fender and bumper sit together and they touch the tires with low offset rims.. If I want to adjust negative front, I dont think they will likely to touch between the fenders and a bumper.. Ya know Im saying... Im not worry about tire wear out because of the negative camber.. I just want to do something easier way without trouble...
try raising your car (up).

Quick Reply: ~Camber KIt for 2nd Gen IS~