Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

~Camber KIt for 2nd Gen IS~

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-08, 01:30 PM
VIS250P
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ~Camber KIt for 2nd Gen IS~

How come the aftermarket parts dont make the camber kit for the 2nd gen IS? I beleive the front suspension component design on 1st generation IS300 look pretty much the same as the 2nd generation ISX50.. But the rear, both 1st and 2nd gen IS dont look identical because the rear lower control arm dont look the same... HAve anyone tried the front camber kit?
Old 11-12-08, 01:23 AM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not really to much of a need for it. When mine was dumped all the way on Tein CS the Camber was at around -1.1 or something close to that. That is perfect. I think there is not enough camber on the car sitting at stock height because the car burns the outside of the tires when driven agressively at stock height and the car pushes more.
Oh yeah, your idea won't work because the suspension is different, others have tried and failed.
Old 11-12-08, 09:24 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

^ i think someone has tried it for the rear suspension, although iirc w/ mixed results.

and to the OP: if your car wasn't THAT low, you wouldn't need camber kits...
Old 11-21-08, 12:29 PM
orlando628
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i did a 2inch drop on my baby n she on 0 =) 2" is alot to my aspect i rub very little tho
Old 11-21-08, 01:26 PM
350ISRYDER
Pole Position

Originally Posted by VIS250P
How come the aftermarket parts dont make the camber kit for the 2nd gen IS? I beleive the front suspension component design on 1st generation IS300 look pretty much the same as the 2nd generation ISX50.. But the rear, both 1st and 2nd gen IS dont look identical because the rear lower control arm dont look the same... HAve anyone tried the front camber kit?
the only thing i've seen about camber is the JIC magic colis w/ a camber plate?! I really dunno how this works, so u probably would have to ask someone who is dumped on these! Honestly...I dumped mine 2.5 on Tanab's and there is some camber wear, but when u lower ur car...u gonna get camber wear anyways no matter what! Plus, nowdays cars are built to have a lower profile at stock so when u do dump it...its not as negative as a Honda or Toy! IMO!
Old 11-21-08, 02:25 PM
suicidesam
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 350ISRYDER
Plus, nowdays cars are built to have a lower profile at stock so when u do dump it...its not as negative as a Honda or Toy! IMO!
lol...you do drive a toyota.
Old 11-21-08, 04:47 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,010 Likes on 2,429 Posts

Originally Posted by 350ISRYDER
the only thing i've seen about camber is the JIC magic colis w/ a camber plate?! I really dunno how this works, so u probably would have to ask someone who is dumped on these! Honestly...I dumped mine 2.5 on Tanab's and there is some camber wear, but when u lower ur car...u gonna get camber wear anyways no matter what! Plus, nowdays cars are built to have a lower profile at stock so when u do dump it...its not as negative as a Honda or Toy! IMO!
You really don't know how it works because it doesn't. A camber plate won't change camber on any IS ever made.

When you lower your car you don't get camber wear no matter what. You get camber wear if your camber exceeds 2.5 degrees. The ISx50 don't exceed 2.5 degrees of camber even when very low. If you get your toe adjusted correctly, your wear issues will go away. The problem is, most alignment techs don't know beans about alignment unless their machine tells them to adjust something. So even after getting it adjusted, it's still crap.
Old 11-21-08, 11:27 PM
suicidesam
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
You really don't know how it works because it doesn't. A camber plate won't change camber on any IS ever made.

When you lower your car you don't get camber wear no matter what. You get camber wear if your camber exceeds 2.5 degrees. The ISx50 don't exceed 2.5 degrees of camber even when very low. If you get your toe adjusted correctly, your wear issues will go away. The problem is, most alignment techs don't know beans about alignment unless their machine tells them to adjust something. So even after getting it adjusted, it's still crap.
lobuxracer is this true??
Old 11-23-08, 10:01 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,010 Likes on 2,429 Posts

^^It's been my experience over a number of Scions and Toyotas.
Old 11-24-08, 11:53 PM
i2IS
Pole Position

^^ So thats why we dont need camber kit? All we need is to find a good alignment shop that does the job right?
Old 12-12-08, 10:41 AM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

alrite guys, my car is slam and I got my alignment done at Discount tires and they told me that if I dont raise my car my tires going to wear out in 3 to 6 months. Is that true, should I raise it. I love the way my car is sitting right now, and I dont have any serious issue with rubbing, just minor scrapes here and there.. Any suggestions that would help me understand which alignment shops are good and bad?
Old 12-12-08, 10:42 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

IMO 3-6 months is too fast.
Old 12-12-08, 10:59 AM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
IMO 3-6 months is too fast.
I know thats why I'm going to try another shop see what they have to say. But how can I tell which shop is a good shop tho.. What do look for?
Old 12-12-08, 11:27 AM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

is the discount tire you went to the big chain store and aka america's tires? cuz discount/america's tires don't do alignment...
Old 12-12-08, 12:24 PM
orlando628
Pole Position

well my alignment was done by honda lol my friend dad is master mechanic in his dealer and also found camber kit for my car O_o and it 145 for the rear it a company in ohio or oklahoma but there made in the usa and they arent cheap one either because that brand they use on the new v6 accord he was explaining im considering

Quick Reply: ~Camber KIt for 2nd Gen IS~