Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Suspension / Body brace

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-10, 11:16 AM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Coco-bun

someone seriously needs to make a set of sway bars and END LINKS b/c I cannot find a set of TRDs or justify spending that much...i'm cheap lol.
While I don't have the equipment to make sway bars, I can surely build you some spherical end links utilizing military components. I run these end links on my supra but they are not cheap I'll tell you. And once you've upgrade to these end links, no worries about them bending again because you can't...
Old 02-21-10, 04:14 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would LOVE to have some custom made end links but did you miss the part where I am CHEAP
Old 02-21-10, 10:58 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

I would LOVE to have some custom made end links but did you miss the part where I am CHEAP
haha.. I don't think the words "Cheap" and "Quality" goes together. You can however make spherical endlinks that are cheap but they will clunk like a mother driving around daily since they aren't a sealed unit with grease in them. On the flip side, I'm trying to locate a set of Tom's 6-link and LCB along with the Nagisa fender brace to see how it's built so that I can improve on them. Just by looking at the Nagisa brace, I see some engineering flaws in them already that I want to improve on and provide it for everyone.
Old 02-22-10, 12:14 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Alexus_300
While I don't have the equipment to make sway bars, I can surely build you some spherical end links utilizing military components. I run these end links on my supra but they are not cheap I'll tell you. And once you've upgrade to these end links, no worries about them bending again because you can't...
make some prototypes.
Old 02-22-10, 12:18 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Your no where near cheap....maybe just BROKE...like everyone else in here.
Old 02-22-10, 08:42 PM
kit cat

haha.. I don't think the words "Cheap" and "Quality" goes together. You can however make spherical endlinks that are cheap but they will clunk like a mother driving around daily since they aren't a sealed unit with grease in them. On the flip side, I'm trying to locate a set of Tom's 6-link and LCB along with the Nagisa fender brace to see how it's built so that I can improve on them. Just by looking at the Nagisa brace, I see some engineering flaws in them already that I want to improve on and provide it for everyone.
I actually bought Tom's 6link...actually from PHML, with the intention of replicating them. In terms of quality, I was surprised that they even put a Tom's badge on it b/c the welding is just I'm sure it's very easy to replicate them. I just never had the time with grad school.

Originally Posted by PHML
Your no where near cheap....maybe just BROKE...like everyone else in here.
^haha, yep!!
Old 02-22-10, 10:45 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

I actually bought Tom's 6link...actually from PHML, with the intention of replicating them. In terms of quality, I was surprised that they even put a Tom's badge on it b/c the welding is just I'm sure it's very easy to replicate them. I just never had the time with grad school.

^haha, yep!!
I've seen pictures of them before but I want to have a set in my hands so that I can do some engineering on them. Would you be kind enough to sell/lend them to me so that I can make some prototype? I'm trying to provide parts for members at a affordable price. My next step is to get the Nagisa fender brace. I just don't know if I can find any used sets. Since you can read japanese, could you roam those japanese forum and see if you can locate a set.
Old 02-22-10, 10:48 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PHML
make some prototypes.
No need for prototypes phil. I have them on my supra. I use the best spherical joint from Aurora. They cost around $70 each end but they are strong as hell. On the plus side, they are coated and sealed just like the OEM units so no harsh ride or clunking noise.
Old 03-11-10, 10:15 AM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

No need for prototypes phil. I have them on my supra. I use the best spherical joint from Aurora. They cost around $70 each end but they are strong as hell. On the plus side, they are coated and sealed just like the OEM units so no harsh ride or clunking noise.

Are these the front end link for the 2GS? If so, do they have one for the rear too? TIA
Old 03-11-10, 11:21 AM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sam430
Are these the front end link for the 2GS? If so, do they have one for the rear too? TIA
You can use it for the fronts or the rears. All it really is is a rod with two threaded ends in which you order the specific type of spherical joints and attach to it.
Old 03-11-10, 01:11 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Thanks. The "no noise and no harness" got me really interested. Plus, I feel the oem end link is probably over matched by my current trd blue.

I thnk i can feel the end link stressing on a that long short diameter curves (certain on/off ramps).
Old 03-12-10, 08:26 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sam430
Thanks. The "no noise and no harness" got me really interested. Plus, I feel the oem end link is probably over matched by my current trd blue.

I thnk i can feel the end link stressing on a that long short diameter curves (certain on/off ramps).
the factory end links sucks in my opinion due to the fact that it has a sharp 90 degree angle and then the vertical shafts are like tooth picks which bends so easily at the slightest load from the car.
Old 03-13-10, 07:15 AM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

I want to do the same thing but don't have enough free time at work to do so
Old 03-14-10, 09:23 AM
kit cat

I've seen pictures of them before but I want to have a set in my hands so that I can do some engineering on them. Would you be kind enough to sell/lend them to me so that I can make some prototype? I'm trying to provide parts for members at a affordable price. My next step is to get the Nagisa fender brace. I just don't know if I can find any used sets. Since you can read japanese, could you roam those japanese forum and see if you can locate a set.
quality used JZS16x parts are hard to find to begin with, specific parts like a nagisa fender brace might be even harder...

and sorry, I sold the 6 links...which I REALLY regret lately.
Old 06-02-10, 10:58 AM
sam430
Lexus Champion

ANyone have experience with the suspension braces on ebay (aka toms 6 link)? is it of the same quality?

Quick Reply: Suspension / Body brace