Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Lowering

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-02, 03:09 AM
FnL
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Lowering

Okay, I'm kind of a newbie to suspension and i have some questions(sorry if they're dumb questons).

1)Whats the best way to drop my IS about a inch and not losing ride quality?
2)Will getting biggr rims(lsportline 19's) make the car itself lower?
3)How are the Lsportline springs?

Any info would be helpful, thx in advance.
Old 02-24-02, 07:52 AM
soyb0mb
Driver

Default Re: Lowering

Originally posted by FnL
Okay, I'm kind of a newbie to suspension and i have some questions(sorry if they're dumb questons).

1)Whats the best way to drop my IS about a inch and not losing ride quality?
2)Will getting biggr rims(lsportline 19's) make the car itself lower?
the 2 good ways to lower the car are either via coil-overs or you can go the cheaper route and just get springs. either way, the ride will suffer a little as you have less travel to work with.
Bigger rims will not lower the car. In fact, sometimes it makes the car look raised, but this can be offest some w/ lower profile tires.
Old 02-24-02, 12:03 PM
DAPIMP IS
Driver School Candidate

I have the lsportline springs and shocks. With it i have the TRD race sways. I think this is one of the best setups there is. Coil overs in my opinion aren't the setup for an IS. Its cool for hondas and **** or if your some hardcore racer that wants to race there IS.
Old 02-24-02, 02:43 PM
Christobol
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by DAPIMP IS
I have the lsportline springs and shocks. With it i have the TRD race sways. I think this is one of the best setups there is. Coil overs in my opinion aren't the setup for an IS. Its cool for hondas and **** or if your some hardcore racer that wants to race there IS.
That's saying a lot, that it's the BEST setup for the IS. You can't say that unless you've tried the majority of other setups. As far as coilovers... dude! You can't tell if you have coilovers or shocks. The only way you can tell is if you go and look at the car. From the reports of the L-Sportline suspension, it gives a more COMFORTABLE ride, but doesn't improve handling. Most people want a car that handles better, not a more comfortable ride. It's really strange that you went and took a softer shock, and added the TRD RACE sways. How stupid is that? I think you made a big mistake because you've got to different extremes on your suspension. The L-Sportline (soft, nice, comfortable, but you always lose handling ability when you go with the above traits), then you've got really stiff supension bars that are going to tighten the car up a lot of turns. The problem is that the shocks and sways are going to be fighting each other because they will each want to do different things. Go and try driving some else's car before you claim that your setup is the best. If it were the best I'm sure you would see a lot of other drivers with it on their car.
Old 02-24-02, 11:53 PM
DAPIMP IS
Driver School Candidate

I forgot how long have you been in the import scene? Dude u drive my car and u see how nice it handles. But in your case your still on stock suspension. So how would u know how my car drives? Before u know facts then u can speak.
Old 02-25-02, 06:36 AM
Christobol
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by DAPIMP IS
I forgot how long have you been in the import scene? Dude u drive my car and u see how nice it handles. But in your case your still on stock suspension. So how would u know how my car drives? Before u know facts then u can speak.
What does it matter how long I've been on the "import scene"? What do you call the import scene? Is there a special spot you have to show up to sit around and talk about how to lower you civic, and what things you can do to tweak it? Are you 12?

Here is what you said in another thread, and I'm still waiting for a response "Just installed l-sportline suspension kit. This one of the phatest setups i think. The ride is smoother than stock!!! Recomend anyone to get it."

So tell me, why would want a smoother ride than stock? I promise you're not going to be able to keep up with me in the monutains, or at an AutoX event. You should come to the next AutoX event and prove that you're ride is better than stock. Oh and again, I go to the point that if your setup was so "phat" that a ton of other guys would be running the same setup. I don't see anyone running the same things you've got.
Old 03-06-02, 05:57 PM
LSL
Driver School Candidate

Most people just respond with their opinions in this forum, but has anyone actually driven a car with stock springs and shocks, then one with standard L-Sportline springs, then one with the L-Sportline suspension, then one with the coil overs to compare?

Most customers complain enough about the installation cost and time to do it once, let alone multiple times to "compare". My suggestion is to leave people and their opinions alone, because you know what they say about opinions...........

Unless anyone in this forum can speak from experience, my suggestion is to not speak at all about this subject.
Old 03-15-02, 03:25 PM
JLo
Driver School Candidate

Lightbulb

I've got H&R on mine and it's perfect. I don't see any reason why you want to make the ride smoother then stock and put a stiffer sway bar in it. The only thing that trouble's me now is the camber. With H&R, it lowers 1.4 front and 1.3 rear, my cambers are -1.2 front and 1.9 rear, the adjustments are to the max already. It sucks that they don't make camber kit or else I would of gotten the coil-over as well.