Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

For those who are raising your car for winter

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-08, 07:47 PM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default For those who are raising your car for winter

Curious to know because being that i have a lower body kit this year i would like to drive as HIGH off the ground as i can... (Never thought i would say that)

I raised my rear up until about 12 threads from the bottom (tein SS coilovers)

at this point right when i drop the car i have about 1 finger gap of visible wheel well with my stock wheels with blizzak winter tires on... (I have a custom sub enclosure in the back, so for some, you may have more than 1 finger gap)

now i know once the springs settles and etc i'll go a little lower but that's not what i want...

how are you guys raising your cars? i believe i have 7-10 threads left to go and would like to reach the top... it's just after a certain point the compressed spring isn't giving anymore and i'm struggling trying to turn the rings... I'm making sure that the rubber piece isn't getting caught in the ring either but that only helps so much...

i'm no vin diesel, lol, but i would say i'm pretty fit and strong... last resort for me would be to go to an auto shop and rent their portable spring compressor if it's small enough to fit in my wheel well...

but i'd like to see if someone else is using another method that may be beneficial to me.

oh by the way... 12 threads.... car is hiiiiggghhhhh.... or feels it... what a big difference
Old 11-25-08, 09:04 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

just leave it slammed you can help plow the roads I just got my lip and I fear to put it on before winter but I hate to wait
Old 11-25-08, 09:46 PM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Originally Posted by passnu2
just leave it slammed you can help plow the roads I just got my lip and I fear to put it on before winter but I hate to wait
lol... chicago... i would suggest waiting to put the lip on but you're probably not going to listen..... damn car enthusiast

i'm going to have to also decline the snow plow idea but.....i'll snow plow if you snow plow.....
Old 11-25-08, 11:02 PM
ChrISF
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

What part of PA do you live in? I live in Baltimore, MD, and we barely get enough snow to throw snowballs anymore. The past 2 years, the snowfall has been extremely disappointing.
Old 11-25-08, 11:07 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Batmobile
lol... chicago... i would suggest waiting to put the lip on but you're probably not going to listen..... damn car enthusiast

i'm going to have to also decline the snow plow idea but.....i'll snow plow if you snow plow.....
Lip will be painted this week and I will have it installed by xmas I cant raise my car like you can and I am little more then 2" lowered. I am slightly lower then I was on the IS...I barely make it out of my driveway so with the front lil Its going to be interesting!
Old 11-25-08, 11:08 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by EyeEstwo50
What part of PA do you live in? I live in Baltimore, MD, and we barely get enough snow to throw snowballs anymore. The past 2 years, the snowfall has been extremely disappointing.
you just jinxed yourself
Old 11-26-08, 06:42 AM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Originally Posted by EyeEstwo50
live around philadelphia.

i would agree last year it snowed for a week in january and that was it... although temperatures didn't drop until january either... in december we were still getting high 60's low 70's i believe... i would know because snowboarding was out of the question until the temperature was low enough to go.

but....

this year there are already flurries and it's mid november... so... i wanna say my winter tires are going to be well worth the money this year...

from what my maryland friends tell me if you guys get an inch of snow all of you are in panic already...

it's a little bit different up here even though we're only 2-3 hours away depending on where you are
Old 11-26-08, 08:02 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Batmobile
it's a little bit different up here even though we're only 2-3 hours away depending on where you are
No doubt about that. My family in one of the Philly suburbs claimed 4" last week. In NoVA, we don't have to worry about snow tires since the area shuts down if there's any white on the ground.
Old 11-28-08, 05:10 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I prefer a Jeep in the snow.
Old 11-29-08, 08:51 AM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Do you wish your car was as high as mine?
Old 11-29-08, 04:41 PM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i wish i can jack up my car, but i can't, cause i'm AWD and on springs(not by choice)!!!