Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Caster adj for MITSUGUY

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-08, 01:44 PM
JohnEd
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caster adj for MITSUGUY

I aven't been on this board in almost a year....log story that doesn't involve prison or aliens. When last seen you were off to a south seas local. Glad to see you here. You were always a great help.

New problem: I went to Lex to have my front aligned. They are not any more expensive than the rest of the crowd here and I think they are reliable. The mech came out and informed me that he had barely been able to get my front right caster adjusted in spec. BARELY in tolerance but not where it was spot on. He said my front end had been hit and that it was tweeksd and needed the alu forging that the lower cont arm attaches too. I remember that my vehicle search showed the car had been in a wreck and I got papers from the Portland Lex dealer. I also remember that I noticed the front of that alu assembly was all scored and the slot where the adj ring fits in the forward surface seemed to be closed up ever so slightly. How can I commpensate for this or do I need to replace that aluminum assembly. My handling is great and my stability leaves nothing to be desired.

Anybody else want to comment, I need all the help I can get.

John
Old 12-14-08, 03:18 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

pics please before you do anything.

btw dont go to lexus. they are a bunch of clown that dont know a god d*amn thing about anything. find a reputable performance shop that does track cars or something along those lines. they have much better equipment and experience. they will charge more then the dealer, well actually maybe not lol, and do a better job.

if they cant even get it to spec and you have visible damage to the k-member then get it replaced. it should not be that much money at all. aliga should have a ton of them laying around.

there is nothing to compensate for caster other then the stock cam bolts for adjustment. its not like the evo, where you can buy a set of robispec coilover that come with a shock top hat that gives you camber and caster adjustment. they can do that since they have McPherson struts. we have double wishbone setup.
Old 12-14-08, 07:03 PM
Supra Dr
Moving SC Threads

Received 122 Likes on 83 Posts

Moved to suspension section