Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

TSIB Brake Pads

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-09, 07:24 AM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Please. Not again. Feel has nothing to do with stopping. Stopping distance at less than ABS engagement is academic. ABS is NOT limited by pad selection, it is limited by wheel speed, and stopping distance is almost purely a function of tire traction, not brake torque.

Read this. The author is a world renowned expert on braking systems and stability controls.
Yes, please not again. Search for the TSIB thread. We have discussed this AT LENGTH.
Old 01-10-09, 10:57 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ronvdp
Are you sure about that? Since we don't often engage the ABS the pads will stop differently based on the friction they are able to produce-this is different for each type of pad. Come to think of it, the ABS will also be limited by the different pads and subsequently stop at a different distance. The low dust pads are perfectly fine for most of us and I'm extremely happy with the change. The "feel" is your indicator of how fast you can stop. The high dust pads could stop pretty much on a dime-great for the track and that's about it. Just my $.02
and just to third that, yes I'm sure. It's impossible for brake pads to reduce stopping distance, no matter what the people trying to sell you brake pads tell you. Same for bigger rotors by the way.
Old 01-10-09, 12:12 PM
holYcOO
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nice...

Got the car back...

dunno about the stopping distance..but there is no initial bite anymore.

the feeling is great smooth like it should be unless you like the jerkiness.

free brakes and rotors mentioned I have a little vibration which I didn't.

now to see if it's dustless...gotta try the stopping power.

sidenote: saw a pretty "singing" happy girl in her black ISX50 with tints with HIDs/fogs on...and it's 9am! exchanged looks in my loaner IS250 breakwater blue