Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Air Force Air Suspension Group Buy Interest?!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-09, 03:22 AM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chrispy
I'm tempted to try these. Not sure if I'd rather drive low and park lower or drive low all the time with better handling. Gonna have to talk to LM tomorrow.
Think of, drive low all the time, with the ability to lift your car to get over speed bumps.
Old 01-08-09, 03:56 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 4play4dr
i think it still might be a LITTLE over priced..UAS is bout 2k and u get more switch options..may require a lil more work..but im sure a lot of people are thinkin the same thing when it comes to new products..gotta have some vouchers for it..hopefully this 2nd generation of air force works out..is it only one compressor? whats the tank size?
You have to consider that this is a complete unit, the UAS mounts over stock struts or Tein CS or whatever coilover system you have. THis is one complete piece. I would also be more concerned with how big the tank is. Is that 3 gallon or 5 gallon?
Old 01-08-09, 08:26 AM
LuxuryMods
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chrispy
I'm tempted to try these. Not sure if I'd rather drive low and park lower or drive low all the time with better handling. Gonna have to talk to LM tomorrow.
Lookin' forward to talking with you!

Originally Posted by Caoboy
Think of, drive low all the time, with the ability to lift your car to get over speed bumps.
Exactly the type of driver this kit was aimed for!

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
You have to consider that this is a complete unit, the UAS mounts over stock struts or Tein CS or whatever coilover system you have. THis is one complete piece. I would also be more concerned with how big the tank is. Is that 3 gallon or 5 gallon?
The tank is 5 gallons and uses 1 compressor. Air lines are 1/4". These things can always be upgraded if you choose, but you are given everything you need to get running.
Old 01-08-09, 10:37 AM
JoelGs
Lexus Test Driver

I'm not too crazy bout air ride..but that sound good tempting though..I just stick to Tein Coilover...with my $0.02
Old 01-08-09, 10:45 AM
LuxuryMods
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JoelGs
I'm not too crazy bout air ride..but that sound good tempting though..I just stick to Tein Coilover...with my $0.02
The kit is definitely not for everyone. Until you've been through enough cracked front bumpers You'll be wanting something like this.

For the everyday use, you won't even notice it's an air ride system. You don't have to worry about the usual air leaks, leaving your car sagging. This system works exactly like coilovers, but gives you the extra help to lift the car when you need it most!

Thanks for your input!
Old 01-08-09, 03:49 PM
4play4dr
Lexus Champion

thats the only thing im considering..is the coilover part..nice to kno u can ride slammed and raise it to go over speed bumps..cuz i HATE speed bumps on coilovers!
Old 01-08-09, 04:16 PM
LuxuryMods
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 4play4dr
thats the only thing im considering..is the coilover part..nice to kno u can ride slammed and raise it to go over speed bumps..cuz i HATE speed bumps on coilovers!
You know what's worse? You ever get stuck on a steep driveway that goes downhill and your car becomes a teeter totter? That's how you crack your side skirts...

But hey, the joys of having a super slammed ride right?

I know this company is new, but it's in it's 2nd year making improvements on their kits! That's good news right there! They're not claiiming to be the best, nor are we trying to make it seem that way. We're just trying to help move a product that should be in demand for the right people. For the price, like we keep saying, should be a steal!
Old 01-10-09, 12:33 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LuxuryMods
Jacksonvp: Thank you for your very valid question. To answer what I can, the spring rates are as follows for the 2GS applications:

GS300: 17kg/mm front, 7.2kg/mm rear
GS4xx: 21kg/mm front, 7.2kg/mm rear

I will inquire with further coilover body specs from Air Force and respond when I receive an answer.

Please also keep in mind that the adjustable ride height is the most important feature of these kits for the price. These kits are intended for those who love to drive really low all the time and occasionally want to raise their car to save their front bumpers...

As far as having a track star setup, that is left to be seen from those who will put it to the test. We have a customer with a SC who ordered the kit with custom spring rates and takes it to the canyons fairly often. Hopefully I can get him to chime in with his input on the performance of the unit.
my concern is that this is VERY stiff spring rates in the front. the back seems somewhat on the soft side. Any reason for such a huge difference?

I ride on tein HA's now and that 17kg in the front would probably be too rough for me. any way around that?
Old 01-11-09, 08:34 PM
LuxuryMods
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by excluesive
my concern is that this is VERY stiff spring rates in the front. the back seems somewhat on the soft side. Any reason for such a huge difference?

I ride on tein HA's now and that 17kg in the front would probably be too rough for me. any way around that?
You can order custom spring rates to your liking, 3-22 kg/mm.
Old 01-12-09, 07:25 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

pm'ed you luxurymods
Old 01-12-09, 08:43 AM
lsflame
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

are the cups available on their own. I have a y33 (Q45 and would love to adapt these to my JIC coilovers can you callme at 615 668 0759 and we can discuss this?
Old 01-12-09, 09:05 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

he's going to tell you no.. sorry man
Old 01-25-09, 02:50 AM
DangGS3
Pole Position

is there a warranty on these?
Old 01-25-09, 05:31 AM
Nano-V8
Driver

can you put up a link to the list of cars this can b applied to? i have a 350z and a first gen LS400 i want to see if its available for them. i wonder where id put the compressor and tank in the Z O.o i have no trunk space in the Z. ha
Old 01-25-09, 10:54 AM
LuxuryMods
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DangGS3
is there a warranty on these?
Yes, there is 1 year warranty.

Originally Posted by Nano-V8
can you put up a link to the list of cars this can b applied to? i have a 350z and a first gen LS400 i want to see if its available for them. i wonder where id put the compressor and tank in the Z O.o i have no trunk space in the Z. ha
CLICK ME for the application list. The size of the tank/compressor silencer plate is 19.5 x 8.5 x 8.5".

You can always go to a small pancake tank that will fit in your spare tire area if you wanted to. This kit simply gives you something to start out with.

Quick Reply: Air Force Air Suspension Group Buy Interest?!