Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

i want air rides

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-09, 01:14 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts

^^ Too slow for my taste... kind of defeats the purpose!
Old 01-11-09, 12:17 PM
Solo_D33A
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rgarjr
Cylinders are old school.. Go with air struts, much reliable and softer ride (UAS).
So for the UAS, I need to have a OEM suspension or a coilover... which I only have a HKS RS, which I'd rather sell to recover some of the costs...

I talked to guys at streetridepros.com and they told me that they can get me a complete air strut setup for 1598.00usd and said they will be similar to the ones below>>

I guess I still have to ask if it'd be entire strut or bags....
Attached Thumbnails i want air rides-att65d73.jpg  
Old 01-11-09, 05:11 PM
pimplux808
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

most people are running AIR RUNNER or UAS

if you go UAS grab water traps for your compressors so you dont run into problems.
Old 01-11-09, 06:34 PM
toeb
Pole Position

Originally Posted by pimplux808

if you go UAS grab water traps for your compressors so you dont run into problems.
i do agree. ive been on uas for about a year no problems what so ever. i did put the water traps on from the get go. im also on stock struts with uas aerosport bags. its a nice set up easy to install and very low matinance. i couldnt have made a better choice for a air system.

Old 01-11-09, 06:46 PM
Solo_D33A
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by pimplux808

Well, only problem I have is I don't have stock strut, thus I would have to use my HKS, which I'd rather sell to recover part of the costs...
Old 01-12-09, 03:20 AM
trunkflapp
Pole Position

I am in the process of buying all of my air-ride stuff also. I have decided I am going UAS, but are the Aerosport bags offered in 3/8 ports? I don't want 1/4 inch... too slow

Also, what is a water trap? (I can assume what this does by what it's called) And where do I get one?

Quincy
Old 01-12-09, 04:48 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by trunkflapp

Also, what is a water trap? (I can assume what this does by what it's called) And where do I get one?

Quincy
water trap traps water

http://www.vtkustoms.com/WaterTraps.html

http://airbagit.com/advanced_search_...1&inc_subcat=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts...4506.m20.l1116
Old 01-12-09, 10:38 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by toeb
i do agree. ive been on uas for about a year no problems what so ever. i did put the water traps on from the get go. im also on stock struts with uas aerosport bags. its a nice set up easy to install and very low matinance. i couldnt have made a better choice for a air system.

good lookin setup there
Old 01-12-09, 02:59 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

I am in the process of buying all of my air-ride stuff also. I have decided I am going UAS, but are the Aerosport bags offered in 3/8 ports? I don't want 1/4 inch... too slow

Quincy
Althought the ports on the bags are 1/4" NPT, its really fast, especially if you have 1/2" valves and air lines. Besides, why would you need a really fast setup?

Water traps, are air filters that filter out dirt particles and even collect condensation from the hot air the compressors compress. If you're gonna run more than 150PSI get a metal bottle one.

Last edited by rgarjr; 01-12-09 at 03:06 PM.
Old 01-12-09, 05:09 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Althought the ports on the bags are 1/4" NPT, its really fast, especially if you have 1/2" valves and air lines. Besides, why would you need a really fast setup?
I'm not too sure about that. You can have 8" hoses and valves, but if there are 1/4'' filers at the bag, its only going to go as fast as a 1/4 can go.
Old 01-12-09, 05:14 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
I'm not too sure about that. You can have 8" hoses and valves, but if there are 1/4'' filers at the bag, its only going to go as fast as a 1/4 can go.
True but, its not like you want to make the car hop in the air like some of those trucks at shows that have the nitro bottles, unless if its really what you're after, hehe.
Old 01-12-09, 06:45 PM
trunkflapp
Pole Position

You never know.... lol... No, that is not what I am after, but I do not want it to be too slow either. Do any of you guys have vids of your cars raising and dumping on UAS?

Upload or links plz?

Quincy
Old 01-13-09, 12:25 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

True but, its not like you want to make the car hop in the air like some of those trucks at shows that have the nitro bottles, unless if its really what you're after, hehe.
very true however, its cool to have the ability JUST in the case you need it for something Kinda like having a 155+db stereo system, you dont listen to it at full power, but that day you want to give it a little...... you got it

However, I wouldnt mind a little faster up's on the air. I'm thinking of drilling out the 1/4 on the front bags and rethreading to 1/2" (since the lines and valves are 1/2") then putting some 1/4" reducers for the dump. I dont like how slow the front goes up.
Old 01-13-09, 02:54 AM
trunkflapp
Pole Position

Man 1/2 inch is alot bro.... I was gonna rethread to 3/8 and run all true 3/8.... I remember a few years ago (when I had trucks and stuff) 3/8 was considered "fast-bags" on trucks... I don't think you want to go 1/2 inch. I have heard 1/2 inch is either all the way up, or all the way down. There are full sized Chevy truck guys that can't control 1/2 inch bags..... I would NEVER do 1/2 inch unless I was driving an '89 chevy that I wanted to come 2 feet off the ground.... lol

Quincy
Old 01-13-09, 04:53 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Man 1/2 inch is alot bro.... I was gonna rethread to 3/8 and run all true 3/8.... I remember a few years ago (when I had trucks and stuff) 3/8 was considered "fast-bags" on trucks... I don't think you want to go 1/2 inch. I have heard 1/2 inch is either all the way up, or all the way down. There are full sized Chevy truck guys that can't control 1/2 inch bags..... I would NEVER do 1/2 inch unless I was driving an '89 chevy that I wanted to come 2 feet off the ground.... lol

Quincy
OOPS my mistake.. I keep saying 1/2"! I mean 3/8ths (god i hate standard! LoL what happened to metric sizes man!!! ) dont ask why I start thinking 1/2" is the next size up!

Quick Reply: i want air rides