Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Tanabe Sustec Pro Five first impressions

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-09, 10:03 PM
potatoBBQ
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tanabe Sustec Pro Five first impressions

I picked up a set of Tanabe Sustec Pro Five coilovers (Supra application) for my SC400 today through Jay @ Statik Performance and had them installed at his friend's shop. Had great experience; Jay's a stand up guy, great price, always easy to get a hold of, gave me a free t-shirt, and his friend's shop did a good job with the install. Send Jay a PM for a great price on these coilovers.

Now the actual coilovers... when I first got the car back the car was a little bouncy so I was a little bit worried, but after driving around in them for a while, they seem to have settled quite a bit and aren't too bad at all. They're still a little bit bouncy, but I haven't played with the damping at all yet. They're currently set at medium and they're still pretty soft... not all that much stiffer than stock actually. So I'm thinking adjusting them to medium-hard should probably get rid of most of the bounciness and should still be pretty comfortable. On smooth roads, they definitely feel much more stable than stock.

I've never ridden in any other SCs w/ coilover setups so I don't have any point of reference to compare but I'm pretty happy with these. Well, that's about it for now, I guess I will update as I play around with the damping settings.
Old 01-18-09, 05:42 AM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recommend getting the TEAS for dampening on the fly!
You can set it on full-hard, and then when a bump is hit, the TEAS will auto adjust to a softer setting. [Pretty slick*]
Old 01-23-09, 04:46 PM
potatoBBQ
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UZZ-TT
I recommend getting the TEAS for dampening on the fly!
You can set it on full-hard, and then when a bump is hit, the TEAS will auto adjust to a softer setting. [Pretty slick*]
Are you running TEAS on your project car? It's pretty pricey and no one's posted much about how they like it or whether it's worth it so I'm a little hesitant about buying it. If it's working well for you, I may have to just save up and get TEAS at some point.