Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Megan Coilovers...

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-09, 03:03 PM
KrapWerdna
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i heard since megans dont have brushings, it makes the car ride loud, a lot noise? is that true?
im saving up for coils and still stuck between pro5 and megans. (i would like the Tein SS but too much $$ )
megans have the best drop, most dampening settings AND its the cheapest. HAHAH but dont know what to do about all that noise.
Old 01-26-09, 04:07 PM
SeOuLiS250
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Megan is not the CHEAPEST..TANABE is cheaper than Megan my friend
it really has alot more dampening settings,,but trust me..you won't need all that
most people here just find the right setting for them and never bother to change it
unless they take it to the track,,right?
Old 01-26-09, 05:24 PM
VIS250P
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by KrapWerdna
i heard since megans dont have brushings, it makes the car ride loud, a lot noise? is that true?
im saving up for coils and still stuck between pro5 and megans. (i would like the Tein SS but too much $$ )
megans have the best drop, most dampening settings AND its the cheapest. HAHAH but dont know what to do about all that noise.
First of all, Ive had Megan coilover on my ride for year and half without any problem.. I dont hear any noise.. I bet someone dont like Megan because of the name brand.. I dont like Tein SS because they dont come with top hats.. I rather had coilover with top hats because it is easier for me swap the suspension instead of taking the top hat off and put on other coilover.. NO thank!!! I love Megan coilover..
Old 01-26-09, 05:32 PM
ankurman20
Lexus Test Driver

this is a good thread... just what i was looking for... but i was wondering if anyone with the megan coils would post up some pics so i could see how low it goes... someone said they go 4inchs but thats too much for me.. thx
Old 01-26-09, 09:26 PM
TexxIS
Pole Position

thanks guys for all your info! im snaggin them tomorrow and installin on wednesday! pics posted soon in this thread!
Old 01-26-09, 10:11 PM
T-Rex06
Ho Motorsports

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I have Megan coilovers. One thing I love about Megan is that you get the option to lower the car without altering the pre-load on the springs. Also, these coils come with rear top hats unlike Tein and Tanabe which you have to reuse the factory hats. Ride quality is subjective and it also depends on how low you drop the car. Personally, I don't have any issues with firm suspension feel. You have 32 settings you can dial in order to adjust the firmness to your liking. I've had them for about 3 months and they out perform the more expensive Tein CS (which I had before).

Terrance
Old 01-26-09, 11:19 PM
KrapWerdna
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by VIS250P
First of all, Ive had Megan coilover on my ride for year and half without any problem.. I dont hear any noise.. I bet someone dont like Megan because of the name brand.. I dont like Tein SS because they dont come with top hats.. I rather had coilover with top hats because it is easier for me swap the suspension instead of taking the top hat off and put on other coilover.. NO thank!!! I love Megan coilover..
i dont care about brand names either. i try and look at the specs and see which ones are the best. i even read it in a thread here before that someone said JIC magic makes the megan LP series coils. so they cant be bad at all.
anyways, looks like im gonna start saving up for megans.
Old 01-27-09, 01:28 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

when i finallly get my coilovers im going with megan. ask tommy what he thinks is probably the best for your money and rides great......megan. i was thinking about JIC, but i think they are the same thing or very similar.
Old 01-27-09, 11:43 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

heard through the grapevine that megans are rebadged JIC's... hmm...
Old 01-27-09, 12:12 PM
TexxIS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by projectdna
so did i. someone said jic owned megan..
Old 01-27-09, 12:33 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by projectdna
a certain installer we all know says he cant tell a difference between JIC or megan, except for cosmetics

Originally Posted by TexxIS
so did i. someone said jic owned megan..
anyways you'll be saving a lot of $$ with the megans comapred to JIC's
Old 01-27-09, 06:42 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

how low do megans go...any pics?
Old 01-27-09, 08:38 PM
Ikonz350
Lead Lap

My car on megans, Not dropped all the way yet. enjoy!
Old 01-28-09, 11:47 AM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

nice i want my car dumpt...my homesboys s2k on megans is like an inch above the ground
Old 01-28-09, 01:56 PM
Adrian@jic
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AM1
a certain installer we all know says he cant tell a difference between JIC or megan, except for cosmetics

anyways you'll be saving a lot of $$ with the megans comapred to JIC's
OH HELL NO....

I'm really curious to know where your information on us making MEGAN coilovers came from. JIC product is made under JIC control at all times, we do not out source our product unlike many other companies. Many people love our mono tube design. JIC is a global corporation made up of 3 divisions:

Cross Suspension Project/Japan Intercross(JIC) - Japan HQ
Ziel Sports/Japan Intercross Magic (JIC) USA/CROSS North America - USA operations
Korea Intercross(KIC)/Japan Intercross (JIC) Magic- Korean operations

All locations are under control of the Japanese HQ. We are not afraid to say that some small internal parts are manufactured in our plants in Korea only to be shipped to Japan where the bushings and shims for the dampers are then placed into the Japanese made assemblies after under going quality control under Japanese standards. The reason for these individual components being made in Korea, is because WE manufacture many products for OEM vehicle manufactures in that country, allowing us the convenience to mass produce products of various types. This also allows us the opportunity to supply our buyers quickly with less down time. Another advantage to not outsourcing is being able to keep our designs from being utilized by other companies.

As for the delay in your rebuild I’m not sure who was working here at the time and who you had dealt with, but our US headquarters here in southern California is fully stocked to handle almost all instances for rebuilds. We rebuild coils here in house. Other Japanese manufacturers require that the product be sent back to Japan to be rebuilt or warrantee, taking up to 3 months for the process. I apologize if you had a bad experience but feel free to give me a call personally anytime to get any issue taken care of.

In that photo is a small rubber component from inside a JIC damper, marked with our logo, just to show you that even the smallest pieces are made by JIC.

Quick Reply: Megan Coilovers...