Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

KAAZ 2 Way

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-09, 01:11 PM
durtysc300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KAAZ 2 Way

so i found a KAAZ 2 way lsd for the auto sc300/soarer..but it says for a 1jzgte..are the rears the same? im lookin to stop that whole 1 wheel spin shiat. especially in nebraska winters and of course for some spirited driving/drifting. i'm running bilstein shocks and oem supra springs too. Will this LSD bolt right in?
Old 02-09-09, 01:14 PM
OneJay
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ya it should. All supra/soarer LSD's should fit the factory pumpkin.....I'm like 99% sure....
Old 02-09-09, 01:18 PM
durtysc300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by OneJay
Ya it should. All supra/soarer LSD's should fit the factory pumpkin.....I'm like 99% sure....
IIRC..the tt auto LSD bolts right in and the 2.5TT soarer auto bolts right in too?
i would feel better about myself buying a brand new one though instead of going used

new question..is this all i would have to do? or would i have to get a custom driveshaft and stuff like that
Old 02-09-09, 01:19 PM
0nePutt
Lead Lap

how much is this lsd
Old 02-09-09, 01:22 PM
durtysc300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1997 sc300
how much is this lsd
just about 800 brand new
Old 02-09-09, 01:25 PM
0nePutt
Lead Lap

oh wow i thought these were much more. im gonna have to look into this. good luck with yours
Old 02-09-09, 05:52 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

what are you paying for the diff? used right?

add the price of lsd gear oil
make sure it has the differential carrier bearings on it and they are in good shape. if they need to be replaced they are about 60 each from the dealer.
you can also replace the diff bolts as they are non-reusable but i have used red loctite a few times and it works fine.
Old 02-09-09, 06:36 PM
durtysc300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
what are you paying for the diff? used right?

add the price of lsd gear oil
make sure it has the differential carrier bearings on it and they are in good shape. if they need to be replaced they are about 60 each from the dealer.
you can also replace the diff bolts as they are non-reusable but i have used red loctite a few times and it works fine.
i was thinking about just buying the KAAZ diff..i'm assuming that will solve my one wheel spin problem as well as my snow traction but yet make the car a bit..sportier
Old 02-10-09, 09:21 PM
v-empire
Driver

i run this in my sc300. i drift my car and drive it very hard as well so i can justify having it in there, but if i were to drive it everyday, i would opt for a 1.5 way diff for more comfort and less vibration and cluncking for a daily driver, or a supra torsen diff.

kaaz are known to lock harshly comparing to other diffs. i have a kaaz in my s13 race car as well, and its violent. i had a cusco diff in it before, those are quiter, and so is the ATS diff.

i have to explain it to my passenger each time someone new rides in my sc300, or when i pull in a gas station and everyone is looking, thinking something is wrong with you car. kinda embarrassing. lol
Old 02-11-09, 06:50 PM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by v-empire
i have to explain it to my passenger each time someone new rides in my sc300, or when i pull in a gas station and everyone is looking, thinking something is wrong with you car. kinda embarrassing. lol
Don't need that. I can imagine the wife asking me what's wrong with my car. Or the fellas laughing at me. Torsen sounds like what I need.
Old 02-12-09, 07:00 AM
v-empire
Driver

Originally Posted by nate579
Don't need that. I can imagine the wife asking me what's wrong with my car. Or the fellas laughing at me. Torsen sounds like what I need.
hahaha.. yeah, well i m glad that info helped someone out.

thats the reality, people put in race parts expecting it to be make 1000 difference and better, when in reality its race parts so it lives off race hours and its designed for functionality on the track, which sometimes do not go well with street assumption.

i justify putting it on the car is because of what i use the car for.
Old 02-12-09, 06:43 PM
drft_n_sc
Pole Position

i appreciate the input v-empire ... i had often wondered if there was a noticeable difference in a daily driven car with the KAZZ ... i imagined it did since my brothers have both had welded diffs on their 240s, but i was just never sure as to how grand the difference would be

thanks for shedding some light on this
Old 02-12-09, 07:11 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

the kaaz 2-way, at least in an s13, engages and disengaged all the time during turning and to unsuspecting passengers it sounds like its about to break. its pretty loud. you can definitely tell the car has an lsd....or a broken rear end
Old 02-13-09, 08:56 AM
RyanV
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For that price you can get the TRD, and pop that in your pumpkin.

No driveshaft mods will be needed, but you have to drop the pumpkin, and change the innards. I'll probably ask Chris at Boost Logic to do mine. He told me that he charges 2.5 hours, which is totally worth it to me.
Old 02-13-09, 10:17 AM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RyanV
For that price you can get the TRD, and pop that in your pumpkin.

No driveshaft mods will be needed, but you have to drop the pumpkin, and change the innards. I'll probably ask Chris at Boost Logic to do mine. He told me that he charges 2.5 hours, which is totally worth it to me.
if you get the kaaz, tomei, or trd it doesnt matter. none of those require any modifications. take out the pumpkin, take out the diff. swap the ring gear over and reassemble. i dont know who told you that driveshaft modifications are needed but they are wrong.

it does take around 2.5-3.5 hours to do. it took me about 3.5 when i did it the first time around. taking out the diff is even easier of a job. that take under 30 mins.

Quick Reply: KAAZ 2 Way