Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

I will be needing new rotors soon.... ebay?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-09, 10:10 PM
FuMoFFuTT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I will be needing new rotors soon.... ebay?

I have been looking around for new rotors, and was always told to stay away from ebay, but the prices are not too bad and they come with pads. Has anyone ever used them? Perhaps a small review would be nice. Also recommend a seller if there is
Old 02-24-09, 11:03 PM
huNGjaii
Pole Position

This is a topic that has been covered. Next time, please use the search function.

But to answer you question R1_concepts have reliable rotors for a good price. Using a set myself haven't noticed any warping.
Old 02-24-09, 11:36 PM
FuMoFFuTT
Lexus Test Driver

thank you!
Old 02-25-09, 03:50 AM
JonSC4
Lead Lap

Check out blank NAPA rotors. They're cheap and do well with a good set of pads. I have them on my MR2.
Old 02-25-09, 10:33 AM
FuMoFFuTT
Lexus Test Driver

I was just about to buy some R1 Concepts, but I found some from Brake Masters that offer 1 year warranty on warping and lifetime against cracking.

Anyone have experience from Brake Masters?
Old 02-25-09, 11:52 AM
UZZ30-SC4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FuMoFFuTT
I was just about to buy some R1 Concepts, but I found some from Brake Masters that offer 1 year warranty on warping and lifetime against cracking.

Anyone have experience from Brake Masters?
I have a set of iRotors vented/cross-drilled/slotted/zinc-coated rotors on my sc4 with some ceramic pads, and the rotors are wonderful, no warping or cracking even though i abuse the crap out of them... (120+ to O all the time).

As long as you go through a proper breakin procedure, even cheap rotors can work wonderfully. (You have to breakin all rotors, but with cheap ones, be gentle, slowly work them up to hard use, and you'll be fine)
Old 03-18-09, 06:38 AM
Six862m6
Driver School Candidate

Going to be installing new rotors myself. huNGjaii & UZZ30-SC4 - How long have you guys been running those rotors? I put a set of aftermarket slotted/drilleds on my '90 Accord beater (which are FAMOUS for warped rotors) hoping to solve the warping issues on it. They worked great for about 4 months and then went to crap... They became even worse than the regular aftermarkets that I swapped them out for. So I just went back to Autozone specials on it.... I don't drive my car like a teenager trying to impress his buddies, but I do occasionally hit 130+ on some back roads and then need to slow down and would like to have some rotors that are going to last for at least the life of a set of pads, if not two. Have you guys had yours long enough to say they'll handle this/last that long?
Old 03-20-09, 02:00 AM
C-Thrilla
Rookie

Oh I'm in the same boat about rotors I need some bad! I hate to bogart this thread but what's "breaking in rotors"?? I've been around cars for a long time and never hears of this?
Old 03-20-09, 02:09 AM
93SC300.
Lead Lap

i got some cross drilled rotoras i run in the rears on my stock sc300 brakes that ive had sense about august 08 and they have dont well without killing the pads, no warping, i mean they still have the lil lines from being machined at the manufactuer some im guessing they are built will. i have some blanks up front that i just installed not too long ago also. Looking to sell the calipers, rotors and pads for a good price. i just installed a complete tt brake system so i no longer need em
Old 03-20-09, 06:38 AM
UZZ30-SC4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Six862m6
Going to be installing new rotors myself. huNGjaii & UZZ30-SC4 - How long have you guys been running those rotors? I put a set of aftermarket slotted/drilleds on my '90 Accord beater (which are FAMOUS for warped rotors) hoping to solve the warping issues on it. They worked great for about 4 months and then went to crap... They became even worse than the regular aftermarkets that I swapped them out for. So I just went back to Autozone specials on it.... I don't drive my car like a teenager trying to impress his buddies, but I do occasionally hit 130+ on some back roads and then need to slow down and would like to have some rotors that are going to last for at least the life of a set of pads, if not two. Have you guys had yours long enough to say they'll handle this/last that long?
I've had them for about 5 months now, and im running some hardcore ceramic pads with the rotors....and if you know how i drive, then you would drop the money on ebay right this second. I make those rotors work for it, and they are doing just fine. As i said before, the breakin process is MUCH more important than the namebrand attached to the rotor. If you have ever broken in a Nitro RC motor then you would have the patience and knowledge on how to break in new rotors....the heat cycle process.
Old 03-20-09, 06:51 AM
FuMoFFuTT
Lexus Test Driver

Hehe, good old gas RC Cars.. i wish i didn't sell me hpi mt2..
Old 03-20-09, 08:54 PM
marcuse
Driver

I have drilled and Slotted rotors right now and need pads.. Can I use any type of pad on the used rotors?
Old 03-23-09, 12:36 AM
97RSPSCTT
Pole Position

I just got some new rotors for a mkiv from napa. They are great, good price and high quality. I even opted go with thier pads for my bbk, I went with the best pads available from napa. But the point to this is I would give napa a call and price 'em out. You will not regret it.
Old 03-23-09, 07:33 AM
UZZ30-SC4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by FuMoFFuTT
Hehe, good old gas RC Cars.. i wish i didn't sell me hpi mt2..
LoL, sold mine to get my SC4....i had about 3.5k wrapped up into it....Sold for 560.... Traxxas Jato 3.3, at the time, and still to my knowledge the speed record holder for a Jato @ 82.6mph........i miss the hell out of that thing...Team LETHAL*THREAT*JATO 4 life......

If anyone was on NitroTuner.com then they know me.

Last edited by UZZ30-SC4; 03-23-09 at 07:37 AM.
Old 03-23-09, 02:35 PM
UZZ30-SC4
Lexus Test Driver

Here she is....wish i had never let go of it.........

http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/j...t=100_2791.flv

Port and polished internals:

before:

after:

I was hardcore into this stuff.....bigtime

.....dual rate shocks...

Sorry to thread jack brother, i had to vent

Quick Reply: I will be needing new rotors soon.... ebay?