Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Dissapointed with my drop (F-Sport)... What springs should I get? (pics included)

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-09, 07:10 AM
mdgrwl
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alright, and last but not least here's a picture of the 'Lexus Lean', my right side. Gotta get this out the way... be nice to just show you my left but lets be honest and show my slightly higher right side. (If your right side isn't higher, congrats and move along... you wont have to deal w/ the Lexus Lean). My right side sits 1/4 inch higher then my left... frustrating but I'll deal and save my money not going coilovers. Considering this is someting inherent with the car, overall I'm satisfied with this spring drop and wont be looking for a suspension drop anymore. It's miles better then the F-Sport.

All and all, I still think it looks darn good and I'm satisfied
Attached Thumbnails Dissapointed with my drop (F-Sport)... What springs should I get? (pics included)-5axis1-003.jpg  

Last edited by mdgrwl; 03-12-09 at 07:19 AM.
Old 03-12-09, 10:06 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

^^ wow.. that looks great! makes me want to get the spings even sooner!
Old 03-12-09, 11:50 AM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

looks good, the front is a tad lower but the rear is about the same I think, maybe I should swap.. coils are still tempting tho lol
Old 03-12-09, 11:57 AM
mdgrwl
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mikez
looks good, the front is a tad lower but the rear is about the same I think, maybe I should swap.. coils are still tempting tho lol
The rears did drop about 1/4 of an inch from the F-Sports... not a whole lot (yet). These pictures are taken 1 day after install, so we'll see... but the front, ah the front! Now its even... Stinkin F-Sports leave your fronts looking awkwardly high compared to the back. This is just about as even as you can get without dising thousands on coils...
Old 03-12-09, 11:58 AM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Yes the front is irking me a lot, my car looks good when its parked nose pointed down on a slope, and so I have become an expert in parking in places with slopes, with my nose pointing downhill lol
Old 03-12-09, 12:06 PM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oooooo very nice And those wheels look pretty awesome too, if I do say so myself

I have the Eibach Pro Kit springs (on my 250, non-AWD) and when I put those same wheels on my car, my car no longer looked low enough for me But, I'm lazy and don't feel like dishing out more $$$ so my car remains high haha

Nice choice you went with
Old 03-12-09, 02:17 PM
mdgrwl
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IntegresS
Oooooo very nice And those wheels look pretty awesome too, if I do say so myself

I have the Eibach Pro Kit springs (on my 250, non-AWD) and when I put those same wheels on my car, my car no longer looked low enough for me But, I'm lazy and don't feel like dishing out more $$$ so my car remains high haha

Nice choice you went with
If it makes you feel any better, I think your car looks great! Drop looks good too!

The wheels though... eh, I dunno bout those 5Axis wheels...
Old 03-12-09, 04:07 PM
RU514
Lead Lap

yeah def looks good man with H&R springs...is this the part # that's compatible with AWD: H&R PN 29122-1 ? thanks
Old 03-12-09, 04:18 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Oh yeah mdgrwl, what is your front rim and tire setup as well?
Old 03-12-09, 04:48 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mdgrwl
If it makes you feel any better, I think your car looks great! Drop looks good too!

Car looks good with H&Rs. IMO, if you are going to do springs on an AWD you have to go with H&Rs. However, you are still riding higher than a RWD. Compare it to Javy's car.

Old 03-12-09, 04:57 PM
Silver'04
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VikH
Car looks good with H&Rs. IMO, if you are going to do springs on an AWD you have to go with H&Rs. However, you are still riding higher than a RWD. Compare it to Javy's car.

haha, you got to compare the left side of his car though.....the right side is higher. Just playing. I can only say that because I'm running H&R's too and have a similar ride height difference as well on the right side.
Old 03-13-09, 06:31 AM
mdgrwl
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by iskcon
yeah def looks good man with H&R springs...is this the part # that's compatible with AWD: H&R PN 29122-1 ? thanks
I spoke w/ H&R at length about this, their RWD vs. AWD sku's and they told me its the same exact spring, no difference whatsoever. They sku them different only for their own internal tracking of what cars are buying them. I bought the "RWD" sku from Tirerack cuz they had it in stock, the AWD was going to take another 3-4 day or so... great price too...

Last edited by mdgrwl; 03-13-09 at 06:37 AM.
Old 03-13-09, 06:33 AM
mdgrwl
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mikez
Oh yeah mdgrwl, what is your front rim and tire setup as well?
The wheels are from Five Axis, model S5:F 19" in Matte Silver. 19x8.5 30offset. Tires are Bridgestone Potenza RE960 Pole Position, 235/35/19.
Old 03-13-09, 06:35 AM
mdgrwl
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Silver'04
haha, you got to compare the left side of his car though.....the right side is higher. Just playing. I can only say that because I'm running H&R's too and have a similar ride height difference as well on the right side.
LOL, yeah man, show my left side... they look very much the same to my eyes.
Old 03-13-09, 06:58 AM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mdgrwl

Lol thanks thanks --yeah what were we thinking with these wheels man!?

Quick Reply: Dissapointed with my drop (F-Sport)... What springs should I get? (pics included)