Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Dissapointed with my drop (F-Sport)... What springs should I get? (pics included)

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-09, 08:38 AM
DoTheDrew
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the drop looks real nice on the awd especially with H&R's. but i still agree with vik, awd still sits higher than rwd. you can easily tell with the two pictures you showed compared to javy's car (or maybe javy just has fatty tires). you could tell more difference with the f-sports compared to vik's rwd. all in all, love the rims and drop for springs.
Old 03-13-09, 09:32 AM
mdgrwl
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DoTheDrew
the drop looks real nice on the awd especially with H&R's. but i still agree with vik, awd still sits higher than rwd. you can easily tell with the two pictures you showed compared to javy's car (or maybe javy just has fatty tires). you could tell more difference with the f-sports compared to vik's rwd. all in all, love the rims and drop for springs.
Yeah, I bugged the heck out of Javy when deciding to go w/ H&R and he does indeed have fatter tires in the front & rear. He's running 245 fronts/265 rears while I'm running 235's all around.

If there truly is a difference between RWD & AWD (AFTER) a spring drop, could you explain to me, mechanically what makes it sit higher? After the stock springs are switched out, what on the car could possibly have it sit higher? I'm not too technical, but I highly doubt struts and shocks mechanically speaking make the car sit higher... so, what is it?

Maybe the stock RWD springs sit a little lower but after they are switched, what else is there?
Old 03-13-09, 09:54 AM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hrm the rear on the H&R are higher than the F sport, your overall rolling diameter is the same as my soon to be setup, and I will probably be tucking with my rears on my F sport but I'm loving your front though.

As for the ride height different, the front shock is different between the 2 cars, the awd shock is shorter and the rwd is longer, but again it depends on the spring mount and the length of it. Might be the same case for the rears as well.

Springs itself cannot raise a car so high as the shock still have to comply with the dampening ratio and compression of the springs, so the shock themselves in terms of physical spring mounting points and the other technical bits should be all different.
Old 03-14-09, 11:22 AM
vtrusty
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you need the rubber silencers with these springs?
Old 03-14-09, 12:19 PM
KML505
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tein S

Hope this pic helps. Im riding on Tein S-tech and like it alot. Not too low where I have to worry about scratching my front lip and exhaust but enough to get rid of the gap from my 19"s. Since it is a daily driver, I didnt want the drop to be too agressive since I sit in traffic so damn much in LA.

Dissapointed with my drop (F-Sport)... What springs should I get? (pics included)-5.jpg