Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

How much Lower?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-02, 10:02 AM
Onequickchic
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How much Lower?

I quess this is a dumb question, but if i was going to get 19 inch rims and a body kit, how much would i need to lower it , if any, because i really don't want to mess up the suspention. Or if anybody knows the best set up i should use.
Old 03-07-02, 12:22 PM
Wheel Kinetics
Pole Position

Default Re: How much Lower?

Originally posted by Onequickchic
I quess this is a dumb question, but if i was going to get 19 inch rims and a body kit, how much would i need to lower it , if any, because i really don't want to mess up the suspention. Or if anybody knows the best set up i should use.
Your best bet is to go with a ride height adjustable coilover suspension. My personal choice is Tein, which I use on my personal cars. HKS also makes a very good set.

If I can help you with the rims, let me know.
Old 03-07-02, 01:38 PM
Onequickchic
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

thank you
Old 03-11-02, 01:59 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

either Tein HA or HKS HiperMax Series 2 I am a owner of a set of the HKS myself I would never buy any other Coilover except them.... and 19's and kit hieght wise... it would depend on the kit... some hang lower then others... so be careful and do it right.. coilovers..
Old 03-11-02, 11:36 PM
lexus tuned
Driver School Candidate

Default Installing Coilovers...

fairusa11,
Are the adjustable coilovers easy to install yourself? Do you need to get an alignment check after installing them? I am hesitant to go forward with coilovers, although I would really like to drop my IS about 1.5". If the install is something I can do myself with my basic garage tool set and requires no alignment check then I'll probably go ahead and buy a set of HKS coilovers.
Old 03-11-02, 11:45 PM
Wheel Kinetics
Pole Position

Default Re: Installing Coilovers...

Originally posted by lexus tuned
fairusa11,
Are the adjustable coilovers easy to install yourself? Do you need to get an alignment check after installing them? I am hesitant to go forward with coilovers, although I would really like to drop my IS about 1.5". If the install is something I can do myself with my basic garage tool set and requires no alignment check then I'll probably go ahead and buy a set of HKS coilovers.
I know this post wasn't to me (after all, what do I know? ) but here are you answers...

You need an alignment after, just like you'll need an alignment after springs. Both affect your camber... it's no different. The install for coilovers is the same as springs-- the shock must be taken out and spring removed in both cases.