Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Bilstien and Tein H combo on SC400

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-09, 08:12 PM
JohnEd
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bilstien and Tein H combo on SC400

Well I am so very dissappointed. I bought the Bils for a Supra MKIV and installed them on my SC. Have an ongoing love affair with Bils after a lifetime of great results. I installed a set of "sacked" TT springs to see if I could get away with it and I couldn't. OK....it sat too low, 26 front and 25.5 in the rear, measured to the lip of the fender. Installed the rear springs a few days ago and to my HORROR the car sits lower than with the "sacked" stock TT springs. The Teins are supposed to lower the ride height by an inch for stock TT and that is what they did. Wuz I ever surprised!!!!! I haven't driven it since the install of the springs but I expect that the ride will be even harsher than before. I read on here that the Tein H springs were perfect for the "sport" performance but were fairly mild and didn't create a harsh ride. I guess my ride harshness is due to the Bilstiens being set up for the TT but I can't imagine this ride being acceptable even in that monster.

Anybody with a TT done this? Anybody with a SC done this combo? My original shocks were shot when I got the car and it rode like a truck so I have nothing to compare. I will probably throw up when I get the fronts installed but I will at least try it.

The Tein springs are a work of art. Powder coated and loaded with coil wraps to suppress squeeking and varied spring coil spacing in two segments....very sophisticated. Looks to be a superior product from a manufacturing standpoint.

Hope somebody has experience out there.

John
Old 03-20-09, 12:02 AM
JohnEd
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default adjustable spring perch

As if I were having any luck with this thread....

What say you to installing the Bil/speedway sleeve kit to recover my ride height? My springs will not fit that "kit lower perch", for sure. I was thinking that I could ream out the stock perch and then let it ride on the sleeve perch to achieve adjustability?

Thanks,

John