Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Spare Tire for BBK

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-09, 03:23 PM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Okay, We've taken the IS-F Spare Tire and put it on an IS250 with the BBK. It Fits. And now the bad news. The tire size for the spare tire kit is !!R.A.R.E!! I have only found one company that offers the tire size recommended for the IS-F Spare Tire. So, now we're looking into different tire sizes that might fit on the rim. Once we figure it out, we'll let you guys know. BUT, this could take a little longer...

Let me know if any of you guys want to go ahead and order the rim.

-Regan
Old 03-27-09, 08:09 AM
Gator Alum
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the great news Regan! Few questions: Did you ever test fit the wheel to make sure it would fit in the trunk? Was that price you quoted just for the rim, or did it include a tire as well? Can I dismount the tire off my wheel and put it on the new spare?
Old 03-27-09, 08:24 AM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Originally Posted by Gator Alum
Thanks for the great news Regan! Few questions: Did you ever test fit the wheel to make sure it would fit in the trunk? Was that price you quoted just for the rim, or did it include a tire as well? Can I dismount the tire off my wheel and put it on the new spare?
As a matter of fact, I did not test to make sure it would fit in the trunk. I will have my tech do that today. If it doesn't, it might be possible to purchase the IS-F trunk spare tire lining. We'll see. The price that I quoted you was just for the Rim. I can give you a quote for the tire that Lexus recommends for the IS-F as well, if you like. Just shoot me a PM. As far as your spare tiring fitting on the IS-F spare, the answer is probably no. The IS250/350 spare tire is a 17" tire, and the IS-F spare tire is an 18".

I'll keep you guys posted on any info that I find out.

-Regan
Old 03-27-09, 08:28 AM
Gator Alum
Driver

Thanks for keeping us updated The IS-F spare lining is pretty inexpensive if I remember correctly. At this rate, maybe it was just cheaper to get aftermarket brakes instead of the IS-F ones. There is a lot of stuff I never really thought about until I installed the brakes. Either way, the look GREAT and perform well too!
Old 03-27-09, 08:31 AM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Aww, Don't say that. I love the IS-F brakes. We'll make it work, not to worry.

Regan
Old 04-01-09, 10:55 AM
Gator Alum
Driver

Any update Regan? I was lucky that one of your techs got that flat tire!!!
Old 04-03-09, 08:37 AM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Haha, I'm not sure that he would call it luck. I have managed to confirm that the spare tire will fit over the front AND rear BBKs, so that's good news. As far as fitment in the trunk, and a good tire, I'm still checking. I haven't given up yet though! I'll keep you guys posted.

-Regan
Old 04-03-09, 09:29 AM
radicalrev
Lexus Champion

Btw, does it fit the F-Sport BBK? My stock 18" OEM doesn't clear my Rotora caliper. The edges of the caliper scratches the inside barrel of the wheels, but clears the spoke of the wheels.
Old 04-13-09, 06:57 AM
Gator Alum
Driver

Regan-
It's been a week and a half. Any updates? I just drove to Orlando from Tampa and it was a nail-biter... I want to get this spare thing taken care of so I can finally sleep at night again.
Old 04-13-09, 08:35 AM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

This is what I've found out:

The spare tire will fit in the trunk of your vehicle, as long as the tire size that you select is not outrageous. For the tires, AS A LEXUS DEALERSHIP, I can only recommend using OEM tires for your vehicle. On a different note, I have found this link to be very interesting.

http://ejelta.com/tiresize/index.htm...el=&maxdelta=2

This website provide a pretty detailed list of tire sizes that are very close to the IS-F spare tire. I believe that Scott, our technician with these wheels, has selected to use a motorcycle tire, since its simply a spare, and he won't be traveling more than a few miles on the tire if he needs to. However, ONCE AGAIN, we are a Lexus dealership, and recommend using only OEM tires.

I hope this information helps,

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regan
Old 04-13-09, 11:54 AM
Gator Alum
Driver

^^ lol. Thanks for the input Regan. Can you even purchase an OEM tire for it? How much does that cost? Drop me a PM with the info for whatever tire your tech chooses. Please!
Old 04-14-09, 04:33 PM
sinister2c
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 139 Posts

i think i would trust a motorcycle tire rated to go over 200mph over one of those temp donut tires.
Old 04-14-09, 07:30 PM
AznJason
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by radicalrev
Btw, does it fit the F-Sport BBK? My stock 18" OEM doesn't clear my Rotora caliper. The edges of the caliper scratches the inside barrel of the wheels, but clears the spoke of the wheels.
Any luck finding out that answer? I.e. Does the IS-F spare fit over F-Sport BBK?
Old 04-14-09, 08:21 PM
radicalrev
Lexus Champion

^ no luck...lol....
Old 04-15-09, 06:22 AM
Gator Alum
Driver

Finding a tire for this is impossible.... HELP!

Quick Reply: Spare Tire for BBK