Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

fsport springs drop on awd...make sense?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-09, 01:35 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mdgrwl
Stay away from F-Sport's if you have AWD... I made the mistake of buying them, only to replace them with H&R springs. The front sits awkwardly high. The drop is extremely uneven and becomes an eye sore after a while...

Go H&R! See my thread regarding this exact issue.
Listen to this man, unlike him I dont have the money to fix my mistake haha
Old 04-03-09, 02:11 PM
as3.0cl
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i don't think the drop is that bad to be honest...however i do wish the fornt came down more. with the 19's it doesn't look that uneven, but it could also bee that he car is black and it all kind blends in.

i regret not getting the H&R' now......however maybe during the summer i will swap them out, as of now i don't have the time and the car looks good as it is....but everyday i say i want the front lower....
Old 04-03-09, 02:15 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mdgrwl
Stay away from F-Sport's if you have AWD... I made the mistake of buying them, only to replace them with H&R springs. The front sits awkwardly high. The drop is extremely uneven and becomes an eye sore after a while...

Go H&R! See my thread regarding this exact issue.
While I agree, you omitted the fact that your ride has become very rough.
Old 04-05-09, 02:09 PM
Is300M.Q.
Driver

Originally Posted by brtnrdr1x
i have to get in here to prove the point lol..listen AWD sits higher than RWD PERIOD. the springs drop the car an inch from it's stock height..so when the AWD is dropped on f-sport springs it almost looks like the stock RWD..now i dropped my RWD on f-sports last week so i'm dropped down an inch..so an AWD dropped an inch is still higher than mine..uyyyy!! heres a pic...AWD can come close to the RWD stock, but deff. not if it's lowered, that would require COILS.. this pic was right after install so they weren't settled at all haha.

Hey dude I ran into you at the movie theater the other night. Regarding the springs, you seen how much of a drop the prokit did on my car. The front is lower than your fsports, but the back sits higher. So springs infact do drop the car the same regardless of AWD or RWD.

Old 10-28-19, 06:42 PM
EG2232
Driver School Candidate

Default Match gap awd lowering

Front sits higher obviously bc AWD different strut setup to allow axles in the front. Top match the drop equal like RWD I installed RCA's(roll center adjusts, bump steer spacers). These pics are lower than F-Sport but the view of the gap obviously shows the difference in the front and rear with and without spacers.