Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

fsport springs drop on awd...make sense?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-09, 04:54 PM
FoUr OuNcE
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fsport springs drop on awd...make sense?

Im considering getting the fsport springs on my IS250 AWD and i just had a few questions

I know the drop is about an inch all around, but thats on an is250 RWD i assume...so since the spring is the same for both and the AWD sits higher, what is the drop.........if someone put springs on a RWD and an AWD both should lower to the same height, because its the same spring, but since the AWD sits higher, shouldnt the drop be greater?
Old 04-01-09, 06:04 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

F sport on my AWD, I say go for something lower like coils, or if conservative drop and something that looks good like a stock IS350 is what youre after then F sport is for you.

Old 04-01-09, 06:14 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Do coils or H&R springs.
Old 04-01-09, 06:14 PM
FoUr OuNcE
Driver

yeah but didnt answer the question, f sport springs on an is350 should be the same height as fsport springs on an is250 awd, since the spring is the same......if the one inch drop is off the initial rwd height, then how big of a drop would it be from an awd?
Old 04-01-09, 06:24 PM
DoTheDrew
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

still one inch on the awd. if u compare a rwd is to an awd is250. the awd will sit higher.
Old 04-01-09, 07:23 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

no one made the measurements, cuz there is no initial reference point, and no one knew what reference point TRD used for their ad numbers.

So just look at RWD F sport pics, and look at mine and just visualized. Numbers dont mean anything, its how it looks on your car that matters.
Old 04-01-09, 10:22 PM
chavezguy
Driver

Originally Posted by FoUr OuNcE
yeah but didnt answer the question, f sport springs on an is350 should be the same height as fsport springs on an is250 awd, since the spring is the same......if the one inch drop is off the initial rwd height, then how big of a drop would it be from an awd?

I have the same ?...what your saying makes seance.. I have the same dilemma!
Old 04-02-09, 02:27 PM
Is300M.Q.
Driver

Ok if this makes sence to you guys... If you put the spring on either model in the end they will have the same drop. So putting fsport spring on RWD and AWD then put both cars next to eachother. They should look the same. And I wouldnt get those fsport springs makes the rear sit too low. Go with prokit and youll have an even drop.
Old 04-02-09, 04:23 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

There is a difference. Trust me. I have seen it first hand. The reason has been posted before. I have forgotten exactly why.
Old 04-02-09, 08:45 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

This is the 100th time Ive said it, the front shock body for the AWD is shorter as it is connected to a piece that diverts it around the drive shaft. Despite the spring being the same and the drop being the same, the overall shock body length for the AWD (including the the diverting piece) is longer than RWD shock body thus AWD will always be higher in the front
Old 04-02-09, 08:50 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts

Mikez is correct here is that piece as to why it sit higher
Old 04-02-09, 11:14 PM
brtnrdr1x
Pole Position

i have to get in here to prove the point lol..listen AWD sits higher than RWD PERIOD. the springs drop the car an inch from it's stock height..so when the AWD is dropped on f-sport springs it almost looks like the stock RWD..now i dropped my RWD on f-sports last week so i'm dropped down an inch..so an AWD dropped an inch is still higher than mine..uyyyy!! heres a pic...AWD can come close to the RWD stock, but deff. not if it's lowered, that would require COILS.. this pic was right after install so they weren't settled at all haha.

Old 04-03-09, 12:56 PM
FoUr OuNcE
Driver

yeah but the springs are a standard length and if the springs are the same, they should lower a RWD and AWD to the same height......cuz its the same spring, one set size
Old 04-03-09, 01:18 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts

honesty i would wasnt my money on fsport spring cause when i 1st bought my IS a tech that worked there had it on this 06awd with the 18's ISP and it look kinda g?y cause the rear sat way lower than the front and made it look like you had 400lb sitting in the rear on the AWD IS he trying to get me to buy the springs but i was was like hell no
Old 04-03-09, 01:23 PM
mdgrwl
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stay away from F-Sport's if you have AWD... I made the mistake of buying them, only to replace them with H&R springs. The front sits awkwardly high. The drop is extremely uneven and becomes an eye sore after a while...

Go H&R! See my thread regarding this exact issue.

Quick Reply: fsport springs drop on awd...make sense?