Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

LS400 brakes and wheel fitment

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-09, 01:53 AM
rustednail
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default LS400 brakes and wheel fitment

I recently purchased another members sc300 and it came with LS400 brakes. I ordered a set of used Work Meister S1 without even thinking if it will hit the caliper or not. My question is, will I need to worry about the wheels clearing the calipers? Or will it work fine because they are stock LS400 brakes and not a real BBK like brembos or stoptechs. If it might hit, what size spacer should I get? Thanks for your help. Im loving the forum so far.
Old 04-18-09, 02:01 AM
Ryeno
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well the LS400 calipers are a "real" BBK since they aren't imaginary.

As for hitting the rims. I dont think they will. Here is a ricer sc with them on http://aycu35.webshots.com/image/511...2680656_rs.jpg
If it had that fat of turbo odds are it has bbks under the rims.
Old 04-18-09, 02:42 AM
vinh
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Ryeno
Well the LS400 calipers are a "real" BBK since they aren't imaginary.

As for hitting the rims. I dont think they will. Here is a ricer sc with them on http://aycu35.webshots.com/image/511...2680656_rs.jpg
If it had that fat of turbo odds are it has bbks under the rims.
That car is widebody so posting that picture is probably totally irrelevant to his question. Also i do not see how that car is ricer, it is purposely built for drifting.

What size are your wheels, what are the offsets and what kind of disk is it.
Old 04-18-09, 03:48 AM
Ryeno
Banned

Originally Posted by vinh
That car is widebody so posting that picture is probably totally irrelevant to his question. Also i do not see how that car is ricer, it is purposely built for drifting.
Whats your definition of widebody? I didnt realize the sc came in anything other then widebody.

Also i'm sure that narly spoiler is needed for drifting. Same with the neon green paint with the purple/pink flames. Oh and the matching green seats.
Old 04-18-09, 04:00 AM
bangdangvn
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To answer the OP's questions, be best if you could get the sizes/offsets etc. Ryeno, not trying to dog you or anything, but would it be possible for you to give a description of what a ricer is? Because it seems as though you've been calling everything not stock sc ricer. I always thought rice stands for RACING INSPIRED COSMETIC ENHANCEMENT.

Last edited by bangdangvn; 04-18-09 at 04:05 AM.
Old 04-18-09, 04:28 AM
Ryeno
Banned

Originally Posted by sharingan
To answer the OP's questions, be best if you could get the sizes/offsets etc. Ryeno, not trying to dog you or anything, but would it be possible for you to give a description of what a ricer is? Because it seems as though you've been calling everything not stock sc ricer. I always thought rice stands for RACING INSPIRED COSMETIC ENHANCEMENT.
Well a normal rice rocket is a honda civic in westminster with a body kit that's misaligned, macco paint job, fart can, retarded spoiler, jdm tight yellow fogs 3000k, 6000-8000k hids (Although could be higher), with cut springs, a fake fiber glass hood and of course some kind of windshield decal.

It doesnt matter if the car has a good body kit or a cheep one, a nice paint job or a macco, if its modified in a way that a police officer would pull you over and pop your hood its riced out.

BTW rice/ricer/rice rocket is derived from the asian stereotype of eating rice since the majority of riced out vehicles were asian in origin. Not " RACING INSPIRED COSMETIC ENHANCEMENT." But basically its now used in relationship to any car thats modified in a fast and furious way. So a dodge srt, ford focus, wolkswagen, bmw or porsche can be a riced out.

Last edited by Ryeno; 04-18-09 at 04:47 AM.
Old 04-18-09, 08:08 AM
rustednail
Pole Position

The specs are 18x8.5 +33 and 18x9.5 +38. Im not sure on the disk. I think its the standard one. Thats the only reason I worry it might hit the caliper. Hopefully spacers solve any possible problems. Any input is appreciated.
Old 04-18-09, 09:08 AM
drft_n_sc
Pole Position

rustednail: I think you'll be fine, if anything you may have to run a small spacer. I believe johned had a similar problem with his wheels and LS brakes. I have LS brakes on my SC and the 18" Sterns clear with a small spacer.
Old 04-18-09, 09:16 AM
madmax98
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryeno
Well a normal rice rocket is a honda civic in westminster with a body kit that's misaligned, macco paint job, fart can, retarded spoiler, jdm tight yellow fogs 3000k, 6000-8000k hids (Although could be higher), with cut springs, a fake fiber glass hood and of course some kind of windshield decal.

It doesnt matter if the car has a good body kit or a cheep one, a nice paint job or a macco, if its modified in a way that a police officer would pull you over and pop your hood its riced out.

BTW rice/ricer/rice rocket is derived from the asian stereotype of eating rice since the majority of riced out vehicles were asian in origin. Not " RACING INSPIRED COSMETIC ENHANCEMENT." But basically its now used in relationship to any car thats modified in a fast and furious way. So a dodge srt, ford focus, wolkswagen, bmw or porsche can be a riced out.

Ummmmm, no. Sharingan is correct, RICE stands for race inspired cosmetic enhancments. However, that car is ugly as shiat and the spoiler is totally rice
Old 04-18-09, 10:11 AM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Theres no way to tell if they will fit unless you know the disc type; you need a high disc fitment to clear BBK..If you can measure 2.75 inch from the face of the rotor to the middle of the inner spoke of the wheel then it will clear...
Old 04-18-09, 10:38 AM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

^Yes...I can't believe it took til the 10th post for someone to point that out
Old 04-18-09, 10:41 AM
rustednail
Pole Position

I emailed the company that I bought the wheels from and they said the wheels cleared Supra brakes. Im assuming Supra brakes are larger. Hopefully it fits ok.
Old 04-18-09, 11:00 AM
dAng_bAy
Lead Lap

sounds like you're looking at the ones on rbwheels as I am...
Old 04-18-09, 11:06 AM
rustednail
Pole Position

Yea they were from rbwheels. They were the Work Meister S1C 18x8.5 +33 and 18x9.5 +38 (gunmetal color) I dont see them on the page anymore otherwise I would reference them.
Old 04-18-09, 11:11 AM
dAng_bAy
Lead Lap

yeah, didn'tsee them on the site any more now since this morning, but those VS-XX with 18x9+21 and 18x10+25 are interesting as well... Still on the hunt for some old school blitz type 01... if you got those works, congrats on your purchase...

Last edited by dAng_bAy; 04-18-09 at 11:15 AM.

Quick Reply: LS400 brakes and wheel fitment