Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

What do you guys think are the best coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-09, 07:28 PM
casper10
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BC's all the way!!!
Old 05-12-09, 09:47 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
JICs dude!!!!!
Originally Posted by Coconut
JIC Magic FTW!
^ I'm with these guys... My FLT-A2's have great build quality, ride quality, are easily adjustable for a wide range of ride heights, and have the racing heritage to back it up. I love them.

Javier
Old 05-12-09, 12:59 PM
LeXborg23
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CircuitMS
I think the OP has already purchased a suspension.

And BTW, Buddy Clubs are not made in Japan. That's why they are cheap.
I did some research about BC racing coilovers because im actually interested in getting a set for my IS350 and by the looks from my research they are pretty good. The quality is decent and everyone seems to have fairly postitive/good reviews.

But i also read that BC racing makes parts for Megan racing so i dont see why you bash them if BC is actually making components or even the whole style for Megan. I also read that BC is actually made in taiwan so if not can you please verify where BC racing coilovers are made in?

but from my research, they are better then megans and cheaper taiwan built coilovers and with that Im probably going to purchase a set
Old 05-12-09, 05:44 PM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Correct, they are made in Taiwan. You would be surprised how mnay "Japanese" companies have thier stuff made in Taiwan though.

Sorry if I came off as bashing Megan. It is not a badcoilover, but there are much better options for almost the same cost.

Megan is produced by the same company that makes BC Racing coilovers. However, BCR has no affiliation with Megan and the coilovers are a completely different design. The Megans could be seen as a gen 1 design and the BCR BR as a gen 2.

As I have previously said, over the Megans the BCR BR coilovers are bigger, beefier, have better internals, locking rings, a better internal oil lubricant, stronger lower and upper mounts, better height adjustment (threads), etc.

We only try and recommend what we know will work best and be the best cost vs. quality.