Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

f sport springs question

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-09, 10:56 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dojoman
I knew that would be an issue that's why I haven't lowered yet. Too many cons with lowering.
Yes. Even those with stock OEM sport suspension should avoid nosing up to concrete parking blocks. I've scraped the underside of my stock spoiler many times on those things even before lowering. Those with aftermarket front lips will scrape for sure regardless of suspension setup.
Old 05-30-09, 12:46 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 168 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Yes. Even those with stock OEM sport suspension should avoid nosing up to concrete parking blocks. I've scraped the underside of my stock spoiler many times on those things even before lowering. Those with aftermarket front lips will scrape for sure regardless of suspension setup.
Good advice. I am currently in the experimental stages of seeing how close my front lip (with stock suspension) clears parking stumps. So far, only one at the gym would be a problem. All the others look to be at least an inch and a half higher than the lip. I am hoping the F-springs I am about to get don't make my driving unenjoyable. Last time I owned a lowered vehicle I said *never again.*
Old 05-30-09, 02:47 PM
IS-J
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
That's what I'm saying! LOL F-springs do not make the tires tuck in like that. Something more is going on here or I am confusing who has what...
My car sits just like that on F-Sports, I was shocked when i picked up my car from the shop, I wasnt expecting it to be as low as it is, but i wanna go lower so im saving up for meagan's,lol. But as fas as the springs go they are awesome, they ride just like stock with better handling and a little stiffer on bumps(minimal)
Old 05-30-09, 02:52 PM
gemini1
FNM President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-J
My car sits just like that on F-Sports, I was shocked when i picked up my car from the shop, I wasnt expecting it to be as low as it is, but i wanna go lower so im saving up for meagan's,lol. But as fas as the springs go they are awesome, they ride just like stock with better handling and a little stiffer on bumps(minimal)

Glad to see another ^^^^^^^^f-sport springs CL member
that's just as low as I am....
Old 05-30-09, 06:03 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Good advice. I am currently in the experimental stages of seeing how close my front lip (with stock suspension) clears parking stumps. So far, only one at the gym would be a problem. All the others look to be at least an inch and a half higher than the lip. I am hoping the F-springs I am about to get don't make my driving unenjoyable. Last time I owned a lowered vehicle I said *never again.*
The F-sports and the Eibach 350's are the mildest drop with minimal inconvenience in terms of clearance and ride quality. I certainly have no need to go lower, especially since I want my car to continue to ride and handle like a Lexus. But no matter what suspension you have, stay back from those parking lot concrete things.
Old 06-02-09, 01:31 PM
Fearlessfx
Pole Position

My dealership is charging 650 bucks for the install for F sport springs... is this way too much? did most of you guys just buy the springs and get it installed at an autobody shop?
Old 06-02-09, 01:38 PM
gemini1
FNM President

That's highway robbery ! I would recomend you to find a autobody shop
for installation of your f-sport springs..
Old 06-02-09, 01:42 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

$650 is probably normal for Lexus dealership (installation/alignment). Good high-end tire/wheel shops here charge about $300 for same work.
Old 06-02-09, 09:40 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

My local Lexus dealership (in good ol' Bakersfield) quoted me $325 for installation on the F-Sport springs (this price is not including alignment). It is probably wise to get your springs installed and let them settle before you get an alignment.

Last edited by Little E; 06-02-09 at 09:51 PM. Reason: I can't spell
Old 06-02-09, 09:44 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 168 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Little E
My local Lexus dealership (in good ol' Bakersfield) quoted my $325 for installation on the F-Sport springs (this price is not including alignment). It is probably wise to get your springs installed and let them settle before you get an alignment.
That's actually not half bad. Lowest I've heard from a dealer.
Old 06-02-09, 09:48 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

I agree, they must want the extra business.
Old 06-02-09, 10:02 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IS-SV
I agree, they must want the extra business.
Really? I thought $325 just for installation was kind of high???

Originally Posted by Fearlessfx
My dealership is charging 650 bucks for the install for F sport springs... is this way too much? did most of you guys just buy the springs and get it installed at an autobody shop?
Are you sure $650 doesn't include the cost of the springs + installation??? If so, you can save money by buying the springs from Sewell. They're having a nice 'F-Sport' sell right now.
Old 06-02-09, 11:58 PM
Fearlessfx
Pole Position

Yeah sorry, that price was the total for the purchase of the springs and the installation.

I guess if you break it down the cost of the install is about 400 dollars.

However, it doesn't include an alignment down the road, which would be another 70 dollars.
Old 06-03-09, 02:18 PM
JVT
Lead Lap

I'm definitely going with F Sport springs, IMO perfect drop!! And just like IS-IV said, I want to keep the smooth ride of a Lexus.

In regards to what I read about a lean. Is this true? or is this just some customer experiences from random IS cars?
Old 06-03-09, 02:21 PM
gemini1
FNM President

Originally Posted by JVT
I'm definitely going with F Sport springs, IMO perfect drop!! And just like IS-IV said, I want to keep the smooth ride of a Lexus.

In regards to what I read about a lean. Is this true? or is this just some customer experiences from random IS cars?
I enjoy my drop on f-sports.

Quick Reply: f sport springs question