Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Anyone else unhappy with ride quality on their EIBACH Pro-Kit ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-09, 05:39 PM
Lucid
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else unhappy with ride quality on their EIBACH Pro-Kit ?

Had the car lowered on EIBACH Pro-Kit for the 250 little over two months ago and feel like I lost a ton of ride quality. Seems I can feel every crack in the road. Dont get me wrong, the look is great but the ride does not feel like a Lexus anymore. Is there anything I can do to help?
Old 05-26-09, 05:48 PM
IS25Heaven
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i feel the same way. Its been about 2k since i got my done. And it seems like sometimes i catch air. But its all good.
Old 05-26-09, 05:54 PM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Aside from splurging for a set of coilovers with adjustable dampening, I don't think there's anything you can do. For what it's worth, I had Eibachs on my 350 for a little while and thought the ride quality was very close to stock.

Have you considered that your upgraded wheels might be contributing to your ride discomfort? I'm assuming that you went with 19s, of course.
Old 05-26-09, 06:03 PM
redline201
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think my ride comfort went to **** with my H&R springs too.
Old 05-26-09, 06:06 PM
Lucid
Driver

Originally Posted by montgb
Have you considered that your upgraded wheels might be contributing to your ride discomfort? I'm assuming that you went with 19s, of course.
well I just put the 19s on three weeks ago...had the stock/wheels tires prior to that. quality sucked with both setups. but it didnt get any worse with the 19s.....thank goodness
Old 05-26-09, 06:11 PM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

Is it your first time on lowering springs?
Have you went over the installation of the springs, and check your alignment, tires, and tire balances?

$200 parts offer very limited quality for suspension job, but Eibach should ride better than the way you have discribed.
Old 05-26-09, 06:20 PM
Lucid
Driver

Originally Posted by josephdoc
Is it your first time on lowering springs?
Have you went over the installation of the springs, and check your alignment, tires, and tire balances?

I had Hotchkis on my IS300 and thought the ride was great...close to stock.

Had the Eibachs installed at my same sport shop so I think/hope their install was done correctly. and I just put the new wheels/tires package on, balanced and aligned. Im just a little annoyed because I did a bunch of research on which springs to go with and really didnt read may complaints about the pro kit
Old 05-26-09, 06:27 PM
Zeus69
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I was amazed at how much of the stock ride my H-Techs preserved. Only 0.2 less inch drop in the rear as well (vs Eibach for 350). Not trying to be a homer, just chiming in for others looking at lowering options.
Old 05-26-09, 06:57 PM
dajwilson
Driver

I have 20's and I believe my ride quality improved once getting the springs. I don't know if it's a fair comparison because they're not stock wheels and tires. I just felt like the car was more responsive and flowed much better on the road with the drop. Again, this is an aftermarket wheel and tire comparison.
Old 05-26-09, 07:05 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

err... when i had Pro-Kit on my 350 the ride quality improved TREMENDOUSLY over the 'sport' springs... you guys are talking crazytalk
Old 05-26-09, 07:09 PM
rac2max
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I heard lots of ppl saying their ride feel like stock when lowering w/ springs (ie Eibach, H&R, tein, etc). Honestly, I find that hard to believe, cannot be like "stock", DEFINITELY have to be firmer and harsher.
Ride quality has to do w/ spring rate and dampening. Soft spring rate and dampening improve ride quality (you'll lose the handling, obviously).
To me, if you lower your ride will not ride like "stock". You'll ONLY get close to "stock", but that is subjective as stock feeling is different from person to person.
My car is stock right now, but if I'll ever lower. I would go all the way for a coilover, specifically HKS CLX. With it 5kgf/mm spring rate, you'll get as close to stock as possible.
That is my 2c, feel free to correct me.
Old 05-26-09, 07:16 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

pssh... i really dont know why ppl want it 'close to stock', stock sport springs SUXOR... it was too soft for hard driving and too hard for a leisurely (no bouncy) cruise. ProKit is a progressive rate spring thus soft when slow and firm when pushing in the corners vs a single rate stock spring...
Old 05-26-09, 07:43 PM
juice14
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mine is pretty close to stock even though i have 19s. i guess the toyo tires are comfy
Old 05-26-09, 07:47 PM
Hoop
Driver School Candidate

Your comment that " the ride does not feel like a Lexus anymore" tells me you may be the wrong candidate for any lowering springs. I have owned a GS and now an IS and I couldn't get the stock springs off fast enough. They were replaced both times with Eibach's and I have been very happy with the ride and handling.
Old 05-26-09, 08:06 PM
Lucid
Driver

^^^Im a candidate for springs because I dont want to be driving a school bus around and my wallet isnt thick enough for coilovers at this point My only comparison are the Hotchkis I had on my IS300 for 3+ years and I thought the ride stayed smooth with those (and they sat low). I was a little surprised how rough the Eibach are.......and its not just me...my passengers make comments how it feels rough

Quick Reply: Anyone else unhappy with ride quality on their EIBACH Pro-Kit ?