Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

4 Wheel Alignment Problems in MA with Tein HA

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-02, 10:35 AM
Shinchan
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy 4 Wheel Alignment Problems in MA with Tein HA

Reason for not doing Alignment sooner:

I finally decide to get my alignment done after the Tein HA installation. I keep holding it off because one of the rear Strut pressure adjustments is not working. I could keep turning the **** and it would not have an end on either side. The click is there, but could not find an end, which translate to: I don’t know how many click is on that strut. Fxxk.

Tein is going to send me a click assembly hope that will resolve the problem. If not, they will have to send me a new rear strut. Which will require the remove of problem one and replace. This will translate to another alignment need. See where I am going with this?

Now The Alignment Issue:

4 garages in Boston area rejected me for Alignment. Reason varies:
* Your car set too low. Can’t get it up the machine.
* We don’t know how to adjust the lower car. We only have adjustment vale in the computer for Stock Car.
* Your Front Fender is too low to clear the LASER beam we use for adjusting.
* We don’t know how to compensate the adjustment for lower car.

This pissed me off. The wheel gap is about 1”. Which translate not that low with 17” rims.

Finally, I found a place that would look into the alignment for me with high price tag.
$100 for the 1st hour. $60 for each additional hours.. I gave in and said: “What ever!”

Took them 1.5 hours to do the job. The final result was that they increase the height in the back about 0.6 inches higher. (Which I was planning to do when the weather is better.) They told me that they could only adjust the Caster and Toe. (which I have no clue what they are talking about.)

So now I have nice 1” fender gap all around. Does anyone know if 1” fender gap is very low for GS? I notice on the alignment report that some adjustment was outside the range. IS that normal? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 03-27-02, 10:43 AM
Wheels Boutique
Former sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It seems to me that you might be going to the wrong place you should try to locate a somewhat performance orientated shop that is used to working on lowered cars.... the price for the 160.00 is not bad here in miami they charge 200.00 for the complete chamber and tow and caster adjustment... Only one place here does it so imagine the guy is good... He did my chamber and everything to factory specs except for the front because it was tooo low tucking the tire so he only corrected a few degrees and left it a bit negative so i wouldnt rip up the fender but besides that he had no problems no matter how low it was. So maybe you should try somewhere else... hope this helps

carlos