Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

just got some rims and the rear is to big(staggered) any help

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-09, 08:45 PM
lex bubba
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just got some rims and the rear is to big(staggered) any help

just get them and put them on and they loooooked good loved them but as i started driving i hear the back hit the wheel over speed bumps and some turns any help on how to stiffing up the back so theres no bounce the front is 19x8.0 and the rear is 19.9.5 thats the problam
Attached Thumbnails just got some rims  and the rear is to big(staggered) any help-005.jpg   just got some rims  and the rear is to big(staggered) any help-008.jpg   just got some rims  and the rear is to big(staggered) any help-007.jpg   just got some rims  and the rear is to big(staggered) any help-006.jpg  
Old 06-06-09, 09:42 PM
VIPJOSH
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

idk about stiffening your suspension.
also depends what coilovers your riding on?
but you always can roll your fenders
and possible even get fender flares
Old 06-08-09, 07:15 AM
shadow191
Pole Position

It looks like you're at stock height. So if it's hitting on stock springs, any lowering spring will just make it worse. Doesn't matter if they're stiffer or not. The best course of action is probably to get your fenders rolled or shaved. That will likely solve the problem. If it doesn't, maybe you should consider getting a slightly less aggressive offset. If you're set on that set of rims though and modding the fender doesn't cure it, you can always stretch the tires or run more camber. Both of those involve a lot of compromises though.

Originally Posted by lex bubba
just get them and put them on and they loooooked good loved them but as i started driving i hear the back hit the wheel over speed bumps and some turns any help on how to stiffing up the back so theres no bounce the front is 19x8.0 and the rear is 19.9.5 thats the problam
Old 07-05-09, 01:36 PM
RCPnoi
Lead Lap

19's are defenitely too big for that aggressive offset without doing any mods to the fender. The only real way to correct that is what VIPJOSH and shodow191 idea is to roll and stretch the fender. Stiffining up the suspension will help but for you not to rub you will have to stay at stock height and your ride will be very stiff to prevent rubbing.

I have a very aggresive offset on my old wheels which was 17x8 +8 offsett in the front and 17x9 +14 in the rear and my wheels def stuck out....after switching to coilovers i had the stiff ride that i like and i didnt rub as much except for high speed bumps on the high way and high speed cornering and so you understand that aggressive offsets dont have any real performance benefits except for an aggressve look unless you stretch out the fender so that the wheels tuck in, then you're good

hope this helps you out a bit
Old 07-07-09, 07:07 AM
[ant]
Lexus Test Driver

well you havent even said your offset or suspension or tyre sizes. to me that fitment doesnt even look all that aggressive. All you need to do is remove the fender trim and get the guard shaved or rolled a bit. Otherwise, on a 19x9.5 what size tyre are you running? you could easy run a 245/35 for some stretch for clearance. Also, what camber are you running? you can easily run anywhere up to -2 to -3 degrees without premature tyre wear provided you get the car properly aligned for toe...

edit- and why the heck have they bashed balancing weights onto your nice new wheels!?!? wtf man?? you use stick on ones on the back of the wheel

Last edited by [ant]; 07-07-09 at 07:18 AM.
Old 04-23-11, 08:12 PM
Vi-Tuyen
Driver

edit- and why the heck have they bashed balancing weights onto your nice new wheels!?!? wtf man?? you use stick on ones on the back of the wheel [/QUOTE]

you are totally right.
I seen it happen so many time. bad shop to balancing tires.
Old 05-26-11, 10:24 AM
edgy
Lead Lap

what they said^^

basically... the offset is the issue with the rears.... i ru nthe same size wheels but my offset in the rear is -55 yours look to be more like -45 so your wheel is sticking out and contacting the fender lip... bottom line is you definitely need to roll the fenders the inner fender lip can be rolled up and flattened or sliced off to give you more room that is your only solution... .stiffineng up the RR susp only will make the car handle like **** and be way tail happier than this car already is...

get the rears rolled & you should be fine...

ed G.
Old 07-11-11, 06:31 AM
boostedis3
Driver School Candidate

Agreed with those above...you just bought the wrong offset brother
Old 07-11-11, 06:41 AM
baadhabit
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why are you guys bumping a thread from 2009?