Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

What Springs Should I use for my IS 250 AWD?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-09, 05:29 PM
rbudiman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Springs Should I use for my IS 250 AWD?

Hi,
I'm Gonna lowered my IS 250 AWD... BUt I don't have any Idea about the other brands of lowering springs besides H&R... Are there any alternative besides H&R springs that you guys can think about for my 250 AWD?

And then, is it gonna be the same between the springs for RWD and the springs for AWD?

THanks
Old 06-11-09, 06:23 PM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A lot of people have complained about bad vibrations using lowering springs on the AWD cars.

Just be aware.

If you really want to lower an AWD the best way is usally to spend a little more and get a nice set of coilovers. Right now BCR is the only company wit hthe AWD coilovers available. PM us uf you want more info or pricing.
Old 06-25-09, 09:56 PM
Cristian0
Driver School Candidate

I just put some BC coilovers on my car I also drive a IS250 AWD and I know what you mean by vibrations...

Does anyone know what makes it vibrate like that? At first I thought it was my axles or something but no its not none of that...
Old 06-30-09, 05:38 PM
Cristian0
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CircuitMS
A lot of people have complained about bad vibrations using lowering springs on the AWD cars.

Just be aware.

If you really want to lower an AWD the best way is usally to spend a little more and get a nice set of coilovers. Right now BCR is the only company wit hthe AWD coilovers available. PM us uf you want more info or pricing.
Hey what do you by vibrations? I think I am having that problem... Is that normal for it to do that?
Old 06-30-09, 11:48 PM
love67
Lexus Test Driver

vibrations??? when i was using lowering springs i didn't get any vibrations, and now im on BC coilover, i still have no vibrations...
IMO, i like the tein S-tech.
Tein S-tech with 19" wheels

Tein S-tech with 17" stock wheels
Old 07-01-09, 11:50 AM
rbudiman
Driver School Candidate

Does anybody know someone or a vendor who sells H&R sport spring for IS250 AWD?
Old 07-04-09, 07:45 PM
Is300M.Q.
Driver

I personally wouldnt even lower the car. Theres a good chance youll have vibration whether its coilovers or just springs. Ive had the problem with both on my AWD.
Old 07-04-09, 09:05 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Is300M.Q.
I personally wouldnt even lower the car. Theres a good chance youll have vibration whether its coilovers or just springs. Ive had the problem with both on my AWD.
Obviously it's not the choice of coilovers or springs that causes the problem, it's the lowering.

What's the technical or mechanical reason for the problem?
Old 07-05-09, 06:08 AM
Is300M.Q.
Driver

Ive heard that it changes the angle of the driveshaft or somthing which could cause it. Nobody really has a solid explanation though. But I do know there are a bunch of others with the problem after lowering.
Old 07-05-09, 02:32 PM
Cristian0
Driver School Candidate

Ive heard that it changes the angle of the driveshaft or somthing which could cause it. Nobody really has a solid explanation though. But I do know there are a bunch of others with the problem after lowering.
Thats the answer i been looking for it makes alot of since now... You think it'll damage anything? Do you know anyone else that lowered it and damaged it?
Old 07-05-09, 06:53 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,056 Likes on 2,455 Posts

It's not possible to change the angle of the driveshafts with lowering. You will change the axle angle going into the differentials, but the driveshafts are solidly mounted to the car along with the differentials. They do not move with the suspension at all.
Old 07-06-09, 04:45 AM
Is300M.Q.
Driver

^Well that makes even more sence as for the axles.
Old 07-06-09, 05:12 PM
Cristian0
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
It's not possible to change the angle of the driveshafts with lowering. You will change the axle angle going into the differentials, but the driveshafts are solidly mounted to the car along with the differentials. They do not move with the suspension at all.
If you leave it lowered would it damage anything? Now as you said earlier it changes the angle of the axle going into the differentials would that have any affects on the differentials or would it only damage the axles if it even damages anything? Is there after market axles you can buy to fix the problem or is there anyway to keep the car lowered and not have that problem? Sorry for asking all this questions its just I've never heard something going bad after lowering it all my cars I've owned I've lowered and never had a problem...

Last edited by Cristian0; 07-06-09 at 05:16 PM.
Old 07-07-09, 07:01 AM
Isblue
Pole Position

Really interested in this, was looking to buy tein s.techs and wanted to read up first...
Old 07-07-09, 07:02 AM
Isblue
Pole Position

Originally Posted by love67
vibrations??? when i was using lowering springs i didn't get any vibrations, and now im on BC coilover, i still have no vibrations...
IMO, i like the tein S-tech.
Tein S-tech with 19" wheels

Tein S-tech with 17" stock wheels
Looks really good on s.techs whats the drop?

Do u have a clearer pic of ur car on stock 17s?

Quick Reply: What Springs Should I use for my IS 250 AWD?