Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Air suspension installed *vid*

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-09 | 08:43 PM
$loJam
Pole Position

Airbags drop faster and from what I hear you can't really drive with it all the way up with the cups for extended periods, only intended to be raised over bumps but with it taking so long to raise you would almost have to stop and adjust every time you come across a road impefection. I'll pass.....
Old 06-15-09 | 08:55 PM
shaitaan
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by $loJam
Airbags drop faster and from what I hear you can't really drive with it all the way up with the cups for extended periods, only intended to be raised over bumps but with it taking so long to raise you would almost have to stop and adjust every time you come across a road impefection. I'll pass.....

to each their own i raise it all the time while driving if i spot something on the road or approach a driveway; by the time i get to it, i clear it. it's not that slow. it does exactly that though - raises the car to clear obstacles. and that's what I wanted
Old 06-15-09 | 09:09 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

GIMME.

(seriously, now.)
Old 06-15-09 | 09:09 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

i just had mines done, now i gotta make a vid of mines. i saw urs at the shop and like the remote. i have mines with 3 switches on the shifter panel, one for front, one for rear, and one to control the air compressor.

man these top secrets ride softer than the tein cs i had on earlier
Old 06-15-09 | 09:51 PM
shaitaan
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LexAnt
i just had mines done, now i gotta make a vid of mines. i saw urs at the shop and like the remote. i have mines with 3 switches on the shifter panel, one for front, one for rear, and one to control the air compressor.

man these top secrets ride softer than the tein cs i had on earlier

i saw your car @ Limitless Joe from custom alignment also called this morning & told me he was working on yours, if I wanted to bring mine by too. I'm stalking your car!

I asked shane if we could just...you know...trade. he said no
Old 09-09-09 | 05:14 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by $loJam
i kno this is an old thread, but just wanted to bring this up.

on my way to thunderhill, I80 is being repaved so there are portions of the highway that was paved/unpaved with there being a good size dips in between the two types of roads. I air'ed up my cups and drove over them, surprisingly with little to none added stiffness. For reference, my other friends who were driving with me, they both had sparks flying when we went over these sections of road.

also, it doesn't take me too long to airup either, i'd say maybe 3 seconds or so. air down is quicker.
Old 09-10-09 | 01:44 PM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

Very cool... Pix of the whole setup please!!!... Where did you put the tank? My brother did his own DIY but its always nice to see how the setup is on other cars.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...-93-ls400.html
Old 09-10-09 | 01:55 PM
LiCelsior
Retired
CL Folding 500000

very nice!

but u can def go lower just need a digital gauge to figure out the ride height!
Old 09-10-09 | 03:16 PM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

Don't really need a digital gauge.... On my bro's DIY, he explained everything and somewhere in the end he says what his ride height is.... Digital gauge is cool tho and he is thinking of upgrading just that part. The lowest setting he set it at with those JP kit is like a penny standing up off the ground from the front lip.