Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

gixxer_drew setup

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-09, 10:08 PM
QwkSC
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is nothing that will be faster or more comfortable over bumps and road imperfections on the street than these coilovers.

On the track they will hold their own against something like Stance.
Old 07-08-09, 02:30 PM
wheels 2
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by QwkSC
There is nothing that will be faster or more comfortable over bumps and road imperfections on the street than these coilovers.

On the track they will hold their own against something like Stance.
Ya.But people on sf say different.Yes these are comfortable and hold up through corners.I would think this setup to be more of a street use.KW more of track use.But from what every one said on sf the kw's ride just as good or better than stock.But every one has different opinions.So I guess its up to you to decide.Like i said every one has different opinions.But what it really comes down to is how much $$$ do you have.
Old 07-11-09, 10:25 AM
Asha'man
Lead Lap

I finished my setup the other night, just in time to drive a non-bouncy SC to a wedding last night. I think it's phenomenal. As I mentioned, I went with 600lb springs in front and 400lb ones in the rear, and it's definitely stiff. It rides firmly, though, without the harsh kidney-beating impacts that my 4Runner with OME leaf springs has or my old SVO with H&R SuperSports had. The car is frickin' slammed right now, so I know that's killing my ride quality. I'll post pics when I upload them. The setup is killer, though. I love it.
Old 07-11-09, 02:37 PM
QwkSC
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Asha'man
I finished my setup the other night, just in time to drive a non-bouncy SC to a wedding last night. I think it's phenomenal. As I mentioned, I went with 600lb springs in front and 400lb ones in the rear, and it's definitely stiff. It rides firmly, though, without the harsh kidney-beating impacts that my 4Runner with OME leaf springs has or my old SVO with H&R SuperSports had. The car is frickin' slammed right now, so I know that's killing my ride quality. I'll post pics when I upload them. The setup is killer, though. I love it.
How is the ground clearance slammed? I'm a little worried that I won't even be able to make it out my driveway if I'm only lowered 1.5in
Old 07-12-09, 10:19 AM
Asha'man
Lead Lap

Clearance is.....low. Haha. If I get time today I'm gonna go raise it back up a half inch or so all around, it's way too low. I drove around some more yesterday and it's really bouncy. I think I'm missing out on a lot of my damping because it's so low, and with my spring rates I need all the damping I can get.