Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

F-Sport Sway Bars - Got Them - Here's My Opinion

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-09, 08:51 PM
mild_se7en
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sways on order. with the 20% off it was an easy choice. hopefully they will be in early next week. thanks for a great review
Old 07-28-09, 02:17 AM
OOO_ROB
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How much do these sway bar usually run for?
Old 07-28-09, 02:23 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

try looking... over here.
Old 07-28-09, 05:05 AM
homerjay42
Rookie

Originally Posted by w1ck3d64
exactly...loved the drive feel of the bmw...HATED the crappy interior
That is exactly why I got rid of my 335. Ride was great, but the interior sucked. I hated looking at it everyday while sitting in traffic and not enjoying any of the performance aspects of the car.

That being said, the IS350 has too much body lean, but for ~130 (this month) I can get a rear sway from Sewell. Popular opinion is that the front sway is not really needed, so I am planning on just adding the rear along with some H&R springs. I am still relatively young, so I don't need to have the extra "floaty" suspension. Granted in a few years I might need to soften up the ride.
Old 07-28-09, 08:40 AM
w1ck3d64
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by homerjay42
That is exactly why I got rid of my 335. Ride was great, but the interior sucked. I hated looking at it everyday while sitting in traffic and not enjoying any of the performance aspects of the car.

That being said, the IS350 has too much body lean, but for ~130 (this month) I can get a rear sway from Sewell. Popular opinion is that the front sway is not really needed, so I am planning on just adding the rear along with some H&R springs. I am still relatively young, so I don't need to have the extra "floaty" suspension. Granted in a few years I might need to soften up the ride.
i picked up the whole set (well they are still on order for me but coming soon!)...people say the front isn't really needed because it used to provide only 6% increase in stiffness from the official f-sport site http://fsport.com/ (which is a big what the ef)...but when i checked it again...it's now changed to 42.8% (maybe it was a typo? i have no clue)

but i got the set seeing how it's cheaper for me to order the f sport sways here in Toronto (they only come in a set so i have no choice but it saves me shipping and handling which would easily kill any deal i can get from this forum...stupid canada lol)

so it MIGHT be worth getting...i dunno :P
Old 07-28-09, 10:53 AM
homerjay42
Rookie

Originally Posted by w1ck3d64
i picked up the whole set (well they are still on order for me but coming soon!)...people say the front isn't really needed because it used to provide only 6% increase in stiffness from the official f-sport site http://fsport.com/ (which is a big what the ef)...but when i checked it again...it's now changed to 42.8% (maybe it was a typo? i have no clue)

but i got the set seeing how it's cheaper for me to order the f sport sways here in Toronto (they only come in a set so i have no choice but it saves me shipping and handling which would easily kill any deal i can get from this forum...stupid canada lol)

so it MIGHT be worth getting...i dunno :P
def post back and let me (us) know how they feel. I want to order mine this week to get the Sewell discount. It is hard to pass on 128 for the rear. To get the front too it would be another ~230, so I am leaning towards just getting the rear.
Old 07-28-09, 10:57 AM
fredw1
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I want better cornering, but am concerned about giving up the comfortable ride. Any other opinions on ride quality?
Old 07-28-09, 11:10 AM
JDKane527
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fredw1
I want better cornering, but am concerned about giving up the comfortable ride. Any other opinions on ride quality?
Ride quality didn't diminish. I had H&R Sport springs prior to installing the F-Sport Sways. After installing, going straight over bumps wasn't any different. Going at an angle, I could feel the suspension stiffness playing part, but it wasn't painful, actually made going over the bump even easier.

Bumps will be harder as you are taking away some of the independent suspension by tying together the left and right side, but on smooth roads and highways, they'll feel even smoother.
Old 07-28-09, 11:12 AM
is350wh
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems like you could get adjustable aftermarket sways and adjust them for less rigidity than the F-Sports. The F-Sports aren't uncomfortable, but they are definitely "less" comfortable. You'll feel the hard bumps quite a bit more with the F-Sport sways than without them. Unless you have a bad back (or other pain), the small sacrifice in comfort is outweighed by the composed and connected feel/performance.
Old 07-28-09, 12:48 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by is350wh
Seems like you could get adjustable aftermarket sways and adjust them for less rigidity than the F-Sports. The F-Sports aren't uncomfortable, but they are definitely "less" comfortable. You'll feel the hard bumps quite a bit more with the F-Sport sways than without them. Unless you have a bad back (or other pain), the small sacrifice in comfort is outweighed by the composed and connected feel/performance.
Or consider just leaving the stock sways.

They work well with lowering springs.
Old 07-28-09, 02:07 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I noticed no significant change is ride quality, just greatly improved handling/cornering...

I'm on the stock _sport_ suspension to start with though.

I wouldn't even consider less stiff bars, given with the F-sports the cornering improvement is drastic while the change in ride quality is virtually nil.
Old 07-28-09, 03:01 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 269 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Or consider just leaving the stock sways.

They work well with lowering springs.
IS-SV, have you notice your front having 2" gap with Eibach springs? Regarding mdgrwl's comment on page1. I know they are uneven but didn't think it will be that much. I'm almost pulling the trigger on F springs.
Old 07-28-09, 03:44 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by dojoman
IS-SV, have you notice your front having 2" gap with Eibach springs? Regarding mdgrwl's comment on page1. I know they are uneven but didn't think it will be that much. I'm almost pulling the trigger on F springs.
No way it's 2 inches. But the front gap will always be slightly more than the rear gap because of the different shape of the front vs. rear fenders, even with F-sport drop of 1.0" in front and .8" in back. The upside is that you will retain adequate suspension travel at both ends. I see no visible unevenness.

btw, my car is RWD, I assume your car is RWD too.
Attached Thumbnails F-Sport Sway Bars - Got Them - Here's My Opinion-dscn0004.jpg  
Old 07-28-09, 03:51 PM
w1ck3d64
Lead Lap

No way it's 2 inches. But the front gap will always be slightly more than the rear gap because of the different shape of the front vs. rear fenders, even with F-sport drop of 1.0" in front and .8" in back. The upside is that you will retain adequate suspension travel at both ends. I see no visible unevenness.

that's not too too bad...winters here in toronto suck so i prefer the more subtle drop...stupid canada lol
Old 07-28-09, 04:58 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 269 Likes on 216 Posts

yep mine is RWD. Yours look pretty even from the picture.

Quick Reply: F-Sport Sway Bars - Got Them - Here's My Opinion