Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

F-Sport Springs - Got Them - Here's My Opinion

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-09, 10:03 PM
funnie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is it me or using different color rulers in before and after pics seems like there is a huge difference. It does look super sweet.

Last edited by funnie; 08-05-09 at 09:09 AM.
Old 08-05-09, 07:36 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Excellent pics showing the difference.
Old 08-05-09, 08:26 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Thanks for your many pics. I was looking for exactly the kind of before and after pics with F-sport springs. Is your car AWD? I don't remember seeing that much big gap on stock. The drop for the front is a little disappointing, a lot more gap in the picture but some other member posted pics have slightly smaller gap in the front. Did you do the install at the dealer? Did they tell you whether the warranty covers the shocks?
Old 08-05-09, 10:00 AM
mushybreak
Driver

Excellent post --- did you get an alignment? Or waiting a few weeks for the springs to settle?
Old 08-05-09, 11:11 AM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

What are the spring rates on the F-sports?
Old 08-05-09, 12:38 PM
is350wh
Driver

I'm sorry for the poor quality of many of the pictures. I'll be honest, I did this quickly and didn't give it enough attention.

The different colored rulers was a fluke. The second one was the only one I could find.

dojoman: It's RWD. I know what you mean. The gap was pretty large. The gap was larger than an IS250 loaner I had. I don't know why. The drop in the front is less than the rear, but that's how they designed these springs. Bummer. I had the dealer install them. I copied the warranty information right off of the Lexus and F-Sport websites and then emailed it to myself for record keeping. It states that the OE shocks can be used with the F-Sport springs. My interpretation is that the shocks will be warrantied.

Update: I haven't verified it yet, but the front already looks lower than it was in the pictures.

I didn't get an alignment yet. My steering wheel is less on-center than it was previously, but the car doesn't veer to either side right now. I'll need to get an alignment in a few weeks.
Old 08-05-09, 12:51 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

I think in 99% of the cases, the shocks will last as long as the warranty does regardless of use of OEM springs or F-sports (since the drop is so mild). So it's really not an issue.
Old 08-05-09, 12:55 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

In that case I'm gonna drop my F-sport at the dealer. Thanks for your feedback.
Old 08-05-09, 01:03 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by is350wh
I'm sorry for the poor quality of many of the pictures. I'll be honest, I did this quickly and didn't give it enough attention.

The different colored rulers was a fluke. The second one was the only one I could find.

dojoman: It's RWD. I know what you mean. The gap was pretty large. The gap was larger than an IS250 loaner I had. I don't know why. The drop in the front is less than the rear, but that's how they designed these springs. Bummer. I had the dealer install them. I copied the warranty information right off of the Lexus and F-Sport websites and then emailed it to myself for record keeping. It states that the OE shocks can be used with the F-Sport springs. My interpretation is that the shocks will be warrantied.

Update: I haven't verified it yet, but the front already looks lower than it was in the pictures.

I didn't get an alignment yet. My steering wheel is less on-center than it was previously, but the car doesn't veer to either side right now. I'll need to get an alignment in a few weeks.
btw how much did you pay for install?
Old 08-05-09, 07:32 PM
is350wh
Driver

I paid $380 plus tax ($95 per hour) at the dealer.

Update: I don't know if springs technically "settle in" or not, but I can say that I'm almost positive the suspension has gotten a little harder since yesterday. My wife noticed it, too. And, of course, she noticed it on her own, since I wasn't about to say anything. :-)

I'm not sure, but it seems that the right front has a little more wheel gap than the other side.

It's still awesome and comfortable. I am pretty sure it would have bordered closer to uncomfortable with firmer shocks (I.E., the Bilsteins). But, I am pretty sure that the sway bars are adding to the loss of comfort versus stock as well.

Anyway, the drop looks fantastic, and the ride is very, very sporty. BMW still has the upper hand in terms of sporty handling and comfort, but I still seriously question the long-term reliability of a BMW.

Very satisfied with the look.

Very satisfied with the handling.

Adequately satisfied with the comfort.
Old 08-05-09, 08:36 PM
mushybreak
Driver

Originally Posted by is350wh
I paid $380 plus tax ($95 per hour) at the dealer.

Update: I don't know if springs technically "settle in" or not, but I can say that I'm almost positive the suspension has gotten a little harder since yesterday. My wife noticed it, too. And, of course, she noticed it on her own, since I wasn't about to say anything. :-)

I'm not sure, but it seems that the right front has a little more wheel gap than the other side.

It's still awesome and comfortable. I am pretty sure it would have bordered closer to uncomfortable with firmer shocks (I.E., the Bilsteins). But, I am pretty sure that the sway bars are adding to the loss of comfort versus stock as well.

Anyway, the drop looks fantastic, and the ride is very, very sporty. BMW still has the upper hand in terms of sporty handling and comfort, but I still seriously question the long-term reliability of a BMW.

Very satisfied with the look.

Very satisfied with the handling.

Adequately satisfied with the comfort.
That's a good price from the dealer.... did you negotiate that price or that price they gave you?
Old 08-05-09, 09:02 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Yeah. My local dealer wants around $500. That was with the RIGHT guy I spoke with. Another guy from the same dealer qoute me $250 each spring to install. $1000 for labor. I was like WTF? $380 seems like a bargain. It's about the labor for non dealer shops around here.
Old 08-05-09, 09:57 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Don't feel bad. I scraped underneath my "not so slammed" car in my parking spot on the parking block at work only after having my f-sport springs on for one day.
Old 08-06-09, 05:06 AM
mushybreak
Driver

Originally Posted by dojoman
Yeah. My local dealer wants around $500. That was with the RIGHT guy I spoke with. Another guy from the same dealer qoute me $250 each spring to install. $1000 for labor. I was like WTF? $380 seems like a bargain. It's about the labor for non dealer shops around here.

Same here I got quoted $1000 from my dealer ...... I just smirked and said ok.
Old 08-06-09, 07:25 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mushybreak
Same here I got quoted $1000 from my dealer ...... I just smirked and said ok.
Wow kind of expensive. Around here in the high-rent Silicon Valley it's $300 for the labor including alignment.

Quick Reply: F-Sport Springs - Got Them - Here's My Opinion