Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Brake pads: Project mu vs Endless

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-09, 01:47 PM
V8LexGS
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Brembo blanks (meaning no crappy slots or drill holes) and Akebono ProAct are incredible.

Get the rotors from amazon / tire rack at awesome prices. I think I paid $50 each.

Get the pads from www.placeforbrakes.com out of FL. Their prices were best at the time I did this.

I am in no way associated with any of these brands or websites.
Old 08-07-09, 03:59 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by V8LexGS
Brembo blanks (meaning no crappy slots or drill holes) and Akebono ProAct are incredible.

Get the rotors from amazon / tire rack at awesome prices. I think I paid $50 each.

Get the pads from www.placeforbrakes.com out of FL. Their prices were best at the time I did this.

THanks for the link..Akebonos were pretty cheap for my 97 ES at 43.00 for the set..

I think the rotors are xheaper on auto parts warehouse..
Old 08-08-09, 04:24 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get yourself a set of DBA4000 rotors and a set of carbotech XP8's and call it a day. Very good initial bite and absoletely no fade no matter how hard you're gonna beat on the pads on the streets.
Old 08-09-09, 10:19 AM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormforge
i had the endless vita nuova with my old car ('99 TL). it's alrite, nothing to rave about. if you are going to get endless, i'd recommend you get the M-Sport or Y-Sport pads instead.

http://endlessusa.com/category.php?c=brakepad

Originally Posted by Stormforge
interesting, i had no problems with squealing when i had both the endless vita nuova pads and the endless type NA-M (now called endless m-sport). are you sure your upgraded brake kit wasn't a high performance endless brake pad used for circuit or track? i believe those endless pads do squeal...
Seems like the Vita Nuova squeals depending on the car... I know someone getting Vita Nuova soon for his SC so I'll have to hear his car. But at this point, I'm pretty set at buying Project Mu.

Originally Posted by jspecdan
i personally hate the OEM and Hawk pads...the low speed braking noise is almost insulting. sounds like my car is a whale.

ProACT's FTW if you want low dust and no noise. they're not designed for autocross or track use, just everyday driving!

and yes, i work for their engineering center and i am in no way shape or form bias towards them

and no, i can't hook you up with pads. i've already tried to get sales to get a group buy going and...well, no luck AT ALL.
yep yep, thats why I went back to OEM from Hawks. Hawks stop great, but sounds like your car is low on brakepads even when brand new. If I had a dedicated track car, fine, but not on my GS.

Originally Posted by vwynn
I have the Endless Vita Nuevo for my fronts.. Supra TT..

Performance is good for what it is.. Bites hard and is virtually silent. no sqeels.. no nothin.
thanks for the feedback! no complaints?

Originally Posted by clevercat
Project mu NS would serve you right.
Originally Posted by V8LexGS

Originally Posted by tmf2004
THanks for the link..Akebonos were pretty cheap for my 97 ES at 43.00 for the set..

I think the rotors are xheaper on auto parts warehouse..
Originally Posted by Alexus_300
Get yourself a set of DBA4000 rotors and a set of carbotech XP8's and call it a day. Very good initial bite and absoletely no fade no matter how hard you're gonna beat on the pads on the streets.
DBA4000s are too pricey for me . I'm looking at Brembo blanks or Rotora blanks....probably Rotoras b/c they are about 100 bucks cheaper . They're Rotora...can't be as bad as my R1 Concepts. As for carbotech, do they squeal at all?
Old 08-13-09, 02:03 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

i have had hawk pads for almost a year and a half. no squeaks, no complaints
Old 08-13-09, 04:37 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

no complaints. just lil dusty haha..
Old 08-13-09, 06:32 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
i have had hawk pads for almost a year and a half. no squeaks, no complaints
HPS and no squeaks??
Maybe it's the Supra application only that squeaks...

Originally Posted by vwynn
no complaints. just lil dusty haha..
as long as it stops, im ok.
actually, the dustier it is, they less curb rash people can see on my wheels haha.